Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, but as i said - they havent made any statement at all, as the investigation has obviously uncovered a lot more information, to further assure the public that this is proving to be true. i think that it is called for in such a heinous case.

they dont have to give away their hand, or even give a manner or cause of death, but just a vague blanket statement "as this investigation has progressed we have further solidified our beliefs that all suspects and victims in this case are known and that no further activity or threat exists".

i agree with you that i dont think there is an active child *advertiser censored* ring involved in this case, but there are a lot of unknowns in this case , and it is not unreasonable if someone in that community is wondering if there is a threat still out there.

They may not want to make any kind of a definitive statement until the investigation is complete so they don't have to backtrack when something pops up in the future...we've seen plenty of cases where police made pronouncements much too soon that turned out wrong.

I don't think its a bad thing if the community is wondering if there is threat out there, it might be motivating them to talk to their children.

My guess is that they will end up indicting a few more freaks for possession of child *advertiser censored* that Gagnon and/or Jacques and/or Kevin will give up or that they will uncover via computer records...but I don't believe these guys were making it or distributing it on any kind of scale beyond whatever Jacques was doing w/AR and I don't think anyone else was involved in Brooke's death who hasnt' already been named.

Maybe they are just waiting on the problem to solve itself. You know.....self destruct.

But seriously, that isn't acceptable in my eyes because you have a child involved that was sexually abused. Let me try that here in Texas. I'd be in Huntsville so fast it would make your head spin.

Wasn't it Cassandra and/or Denise that did not want LE to discuss the "family dynamics"???

UGHHHH Charge them ALL..Incest breeds deviant behaviors. Where is the Department of Children and Families ?? Haven't heard a word about the involvement of any child protection agencies on behalf of minors in this FAMILY!!!:furious::furious::furious::bang:

They have said however that all the emails came from Jacques - home and work computers....i.e. it was one person pretending to be the various members of Breckenridge - hence there was no Breckenridge outside of Jacques.

I have been MIA for a few days...I haven't been able to read all the way back either. Can someone fill me in on why there were no court appearances yesterday as planned?

THANKS!

the lawyer for MJ had a conflict and requested a continuance, so i think they just delayed them both to keep them on the same schedule. (unless i missed something about why the other hearing was also delayed then someone can correct me)

VtGirl81 I believe the answer to your question is on tread 11 post 258.

This is what I have been thinking for awhile now Becca. I have this horrible thought more than MJ is involved in Brooke's death. This is a terrible way of thinking but the feeling is there. Is anyone other than myself thinking this way??

How can you NOT wonder....

in the emails they were talking about scheduling time w/ Brooke after the 'tie down.'

So who ended up wanting time w/ Brooke?

Maybe they are just waiting on the problem to solve itself. You know.....self destruct.

But seriously, that isn't acceptable in my eyes because you have a child involved that was sexually abused. Let me try that here in Texas. I'd be in Huntsville so fast it would make your head spin.

Child abuse investigations are typically done confidentially. They don't go running to the microphone with a press release. People who report abuse, other than "mandated reporters" like doctors, can't even find out the results of the investigation.

http://www.dcf.state.vt.us/sites/dcf/files/pdf/fsd/2007_Child_Abuse_and_Neglect_Report.pdf

I believe that there is an extensive investigation under way by DCF and we don't know about it and WON'T know about it unless it comes out at a trial.

And who ended up GETTING TIME.

in the emails they were talking about scheduling time w/ Brooke after the 'tie down.'

i also share your thoughts, and with the 11 hour gap her killing was probably filmed [imo].this type of film carries a big price. ive read on another site [cant remember at this moment] that these kinds of films DO exist, and are viewed via credit accounts internationally. this is a horrible reality that we must face. as soon as all societies face the reality that snuff films are NOT rumour we can begin to STOP IT. firstly by going after the credit card companies....secondly by shutting down the ip addresses.and thirdly by identifing the producers and most of all the victims. i just dont get why all the secrecy. go after these people and dont stop.dont wait till another child is murdered where the evidence is discovered by accident.

To my knowledge there has never been a snuff film validated by law enforcement to actually exist.

I'm not saying they might not exist somewhere deep under ground but I absolutely reject the idea that this doofus Jacques who can't even cover his own computer tracks for changing a myspace post was able to orchestrate some kind of snuff film web cam live or live taped broadcast for a paying audience.

Child abuse investigations are typically done confidentially. They don't go running to the microphone with a press release. People who report abuse, other than "mandated reporters" like doctors, can't even find out the results of the investigation.

http://www.dcf.state.vt.us/sites/dcf/files/pdf/fsd/2007_Child_Abuse_and_Neglect_Report.pdf

I believe that there is an extensive investigation under way by DCF and we don't know about it and WON'T know about it unless it comes out at a trial.

You definately have more faith in the Vermont DCF agency, than I, a native Vermonter, has.

i also share your thoughts, and with the 11 hour gap her killing was probably filmed [imo].this type of film carries a big price. ive read on another site [cant remember at this moment] that these kinds of films DO exist, and are viewed via credit accounts internationally. this is a horrible reality that we must face. as soon as all societies face the reality that snuff films are NOT rumour we can begin to STOP IT. firstly by going after the credit card companies....secondly by shutting down the ip addresses.and thirdly by identifing the producers and most of all the victims. i just dont get why all the secrecy. go after these people and dont stop.dont wait till another child is murdered where the evidence is discovered by accident.

It's pure speculation as to whether anyone filmed Brooke's torture or after.

Let's not let our imaginations run away with us... this crime is bad enough just knowing the few facts we do.

And frankly, once it involves CP over the internet.... it's just not that simple to track down everyone involved & put an end to this for good.

LE & the govt. has many other crimes to investigate as well as this one & to the victims of THOSE crimes, they're just as devastating.

They have said however that all the emails came from Jacques - home and work computers....i.e. it was one person pretending to be the various members of Breckenridge - hence there was no Breckenridge outside of Jacques.
In one of the affidavits, AR told LE she received both emails and phone calls from men who were supposedly members of Breckenridge.

What men?

Typically when a crime occurs involving a child Vermont LE will indicate to the media that DCF is involved in the case.

Do you know that based on statistical data or are you assuming that because other child abuse cases have been exposed to the media? I suspect there are more criminal cases where the DCF involvement has not been revealed. It works better if potential witnesses have confidence that they can report their suspicions without causing a big fuss if they are wrong.

Regardless, I think that ALL of the prosecutors and DCF investigators and state police and FBI in this case are playing 100% by the book and are not going to leak any information. This is a hot case and they are wisely keeping it under wraps to avoid contamination of the jury pool, among other things. Vermont is a small, small state. To bring this case to trial,they have to keep an extremely tight lid on everything.

If the disclosure of DCF involvement is not required, they aren't going to spill it in this case. This one is under extra-super-double-tight security.

IMHO, the increased tight-lipped-ness is partially due to folks like us who suggest that we have a right to know every detail and then dissect it to an atomic level in a public forum.

I just want them to nail the b@$t@rd$. I don't care how long it takes or how careful they have to be. Brooke won't be coming back. Her family will suffer forever. The rest of us can wait. They need to do it right. They have to be able to pick a jury somewhere in Vermont that hasn't been saturated with speculation and hearsay about every detail of the case.

About the snuff film thing, a few years back not sure at all how many, in my local area there was a young woman murdered...my memory is pretty vague, but i think they believed she was in town (she was a canadian, that i remember) making a *advertiser censored* and ended up dead. Turned out the whole thing was planned (murdering her on camera while she thought she was making a *advertiser censored*)with the guy videoing it and there was also a female involved who was charged...first i ever heard of a "snuff film", but these 2 made one so unless def not urban legend, this one existed at one time if not still. it happened in philly if anyone cares to verify this i'm sure there is something online.....sad story to say the least...

It's pure speculation as to whether anyone filmed Brooke's torture or after.

Let's not let our imaginations run away with us... this crime is bad enough just knowing the few facts we do.

And frankly, once it involves CP over the internet.... it's just not that simple to track down everyone involved & put an end to this for good.

LE & the govt. has many other crimes to investigate as well as this one & to the victims of THOSE crimes, they're just as devastating.
i stand corrected as far as this case is concerned. my question to anyone reading this post .why is it so difficult for le/government to stop this horrible crime? we have the most up to date technology, including being able to track conversations ,including emails, cell phones which are both computer related. also creditcard companies are regulated and able to be tracked through credit card numbers including a financial profile of the card holder.also the ip address is available to any and all phone companies. it is the phone company that initializes our password...plus any phone company is able to remote view the content of our hard drive [yes they have to get permission /homeland security] i believe it is possible to stop this horrible crime.

About the snuff film thing, a few years back not sure at all how many, in my local area there was a young woman murdered...my memory is pretty vague, but i think they believed she was in town (she was a canadian, that i remember) making a *advertiser censored* and ended up dead. Turned out the whole thing was planned (murdering her on camera while she thought she was making a *advertiser censored*)with the guy videoing it and there was also a female involved who was charged...first i ever heard of a "snuff film", but these 2 made one so unless def not urban legend, this one existed at one time if not still. it happened in philly if anyone cares to verify this i'm sure there is something online.....sad story to say the least...
thank you for your post .i dont understand how the public in general refuse to believe that snuff films exist. murder takes place on a daily basis here in this country and around the world.why not would filming a killing,a murder or a torture be filmed? it would be the ultimate timeless trophy for a demented individual. a way for them to covet their crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500