Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What????? I missed something while I was at work. Where did that bit of info come from. OMG!!!!

I read it in a article someplace Spazkat.......I'll try finding the link for you!!!

I belive she said she was Jim's wifes (Janet) sister.

So they think they are getting closer to finding Brooke? I don't know if that is good news or not since they have only been conducting searches on his property and home.

Does it mean the men have been giving up bits of information? The best thing that could happen is to pit the two men against each other and one caves in (which they are probably doing).

I am outraged by the grandmother's and mother's comments! While we complained about them not speaking out...maybe they should go back to silence. The things they have said lead me to believe that they care more about their lifestyle and those two men than this poor girl. Blaming the real victims in this case isn't going to bode well for anyone!

I recall Sheriff Brown using much the same tactic in the Maria Lauterbach case asking her to just "come home". They found her body soon afterwards.

ugh....first thing I read today was comments from the grandmother. :mad:

Mike is "just sick"? No, grandma clueless.....he's just evil!

Have we seen a pic of Denise? Honestly, if we ever do, I hope it's a mug shot!

Continued prayers for Brooke....

There are MANY that run and never go back. I think many would be surprised at how well you can adapt and survive out there at a young age.
You are right. Kids protect other kids and even some of their parents will take in a runaway to hide out. They can have an extensive network to stay away for an extended period of time without anyone giving them up. Happens all the time.

I don't think it is what is going on in this particular case, but it would be great if it were. It would be the best possible scenario for Brooke to surface alive and well after being on the run. Not going to happen, I am afraid. :(

This whole family sounds disgusting. Even the "real"dad allowed his daughter to be with these perverts.

They were on TV talking about her body language. That she had her arms crossed in front of her in a protective stance. She was very very uncomfortable with her uncle.

As for her Mom and Grandma shame on them.

I hope they find her alive but I don't think now this will be a happy ending even though I pray for it.

Watching the local news in Boston and hoping for more information.

If my Granddaughter disapeared & I thought one of my son inlaws had done something to her....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr MJ isn't any sicker then her daughter was/ is for believing him.

When she found KY jell / a dildo a dry bath tub & a girl with a towel wrapped around her when she came home early from work / would of did it for me. He'd have had divorce papers by now.
I couldn't agree more! He would have been served his walking papers while he was rotting in jail yet again for a mere 4 years, but still...he would have been arrested for it!

I can't imagine how her child felt hiding a "national" secret believing she would be killed if anyone found out. We can't even comprehend the fear he taunted her with and then knowing the mother just "let it go". The girl must have given up completely at that point and resigned herself to be his slave. Horrific!

I have to apologize first if this offends anyone, I am not one to bash a victim or their family, but there are some extremely horrible facts that are becoming apparent each time a new detail emerges in this case.
The facts are confusing, but I don't think Brooke ever stood a chance. It sounds like the abuse is not limited to sexual. Neglect and mental abuse is becoming obvious.
The uncle is clearly a sadist who uses mental sadism on children and the fact that two sex offenders (both convicted, and convicted of assaults that involved some form of force) in one family had access to any children tells me that there is a long history of abuse that most likely started in previous generations....
I understand that signs are missed and hindsight is 20/20 but every person in this family who isn't involved in the crime(s) should seek serious help.

The outcome for Brooke does not look good to me, but if by some miracle she is alive, I pray that she lives every day to not repeat the cycle that is obviously deep in this family.

I have said it before and every day it becomes more and more apparent, but there should be some form of mandatory test for anyone who even thinks about bringing an innocent life into this world. People have given up on personal responsibility and it all falls on the shoulders of the few who actually take life seriously...

Sorry for the rant and really I don't mean any offense to anyone in the family who truly had no idea, but there are others who signs and did nothing because of their own issues. :furious:

Not to beat a dead horse, but to show how imparative it is that LE make sure they dot every single I and cross every T.

In the recent Entwistle case, the defense attempted to get the search of the victim' and suspect's home thrown out. Ehh....that would be when LE entered the home on a well-check, at the urging of the victim's family. The suspect was nowhere to be found and the victim hadn't been seen for days. IF a judge had allowed that, any evidence LE found at that time would be inadmissible. That was when police found the victim and her baby daughter lying murdered in their bed and the perp had left them there and taken off for Europe.

I've seen LE arrive at a scene, look through the window and see victims lying on the floor murdered. LE had to wait, sometimes hours and hours, for a judge to sign a SW for them to enter the residence.

The same holds true for any statement made by the perp, if he's even uttered the word 'lawyer,' as in the Jessica Lundsford case. LE KNEW he'd asked for a lawyer, but they kept pushing him for a confession because they thought they'd find Jessica alive. Point is he did confess and led them to the body, but the confession was thrown out and could not be heard at trial because the perp was denied his rights under the Constitution.

I could name case after case I've watched here on WS as an example of the importance of a SW, but I think you get my point.

JMHO
fran

PS......Oh, and a SW is necessary for each invidividual location etc. Home, auto, 2nd auto (if necessary), computer, person, etc..........fran

So they think they are getting closer to finding Brooke? I don't know if that is good news or not since they have only been conducting searches on his property and home.

Does it mean the men have been giving up bits of information? The best thing that could happen is to pit the two men against each other and one caves in (which they are probably doing).

SNIP

There were cadaver dogs at Sunset Lake yesterday as well. I think I saw that in one of the newspapers.

This whole family sounds disgusting. Even the "real"dad allowed his daughter to be with these perverts.

As for her Mom and Grandma shame on them.
I am going to defend her Bio father, Jim, here. He was never married to her mother. They were totally split up by the time Brooke was 16 mos. old. We don't know about the legal agreement they had between them concerning his rights or if they had one at all. He stayed in her life and tried to protect her while he had her under his roof, but he was in no position to dictate to the mom what happened at her home without proof. He did express his concerns many times, but the mother failed to protect her and willingly put Brooke in the care of MJ on a regular basis. While he should have taken further action against the mother in hindsight, if he had lost in court to win custody...he may have lost his daughter to that horrid family then because of the secrets they were hiding. The mother could have simply moved to TX and out of his reach for visits.

The best thing in Brooke's life is her father, step-mother, and half-siblings.

Here is an interesting article with some info I haven't yet seen...please forgive if it has already been posted: July 2 article from Burlington Free Press

Bennett said Gagnon, who broke up with Cassandra Gagnon, Brooke’s mother, four years ago when the couple and Brooke were living in Alabama, had come to Vermont last weekend after learning about Brooke’s disappearance.

“He came because of what’s going on, supposedly to support the family,” Bennett said. Bennett said he and his wife, Ray Gagnon and Cassandra Gagnon went to church together on Sunday to pray for Brooke’s safe return.

ETA link (duh!!)

I know family reads here and I've tried to be sensitive to what I've posted in this case. However, I must admit that the officer giving the news brief yesterday made me pause and my heart sink.

When asked, in other words, if any of these new developments are bringing them closer to locating Brooke, he said they are getting closer to Brooke. But, it was the way he said it, the expression on his face, I have a bad feeling as to the final outcome of this search.

JMHO
fran

I've seen LE arrive at a scene, look through the window and see victims lying on the floor murdered. LE had to wait, sometimes hours and hours, for a judge to sign a SW for them to enter the residence.

I could name case after case I've watched here on WS as an example of the importance of a SW, but I think you get my point.

JMHO
fran

PS......Oh, and a SW is necessary for each invidividual location etc. Home, auto, 2nd auto (if necessary), computer, person, etc..........fran
Maybe the answer is to have a judge on call to immediately come to a scene where these things are occurring. SW in hand ready to sign. People should not be laying dead on the floor while LE waits for hours! Something needs to change in the system.

I agree fran, this family is sick. I don't have any sympathy for them now. They knew the uncle was a pervert and still let him near Brooke and other children shame on them.

I am going to defend her Bio father, Jim, here. He was never married to her mother. They were totally split up by the time Brooke was 16 mos. old. We don't know about the legal agreement they had between them concerning his rights or if they had one at all. He stayed in her life and tried to protect her while he had her under his roof, but he was in no position to dictate to the mom what happened at her home without proof. He did express his concerns many times, but the mother failed to protect her and willingly put Brooke in the care of MJ on a regular basis. While he should have taken further action against the mother in hindsight, if he had lost in court to win custody...he may have lost his daughter to that horrid family then because of the secrets they were hiding. The mother could have simply moved to TX and out of his reach for visits.

The best thing in Brooke's life is her father, step-mother, and half-siblings.

From what I have seen so far, I do have to agree with this. I am watching a friend of mine battle the courts right now for custody of his daughter who he lives and breathes for. The daughter's mother is a complete mess, and her family sounds just as bad.
The standard thinking has always been that the child goes with the mother, Dad pays child support and maybe can visit sometimes and it is tragic when common sense does not prevail as is looking like the case with my friend. Because he is fighting the custody the mother is vowing to make it even more difficult for him (when) she wins....

Here is an interesting article with some info I haven't yet seen...please forgive if it has already been posted: July 2 article from Burlington Free Press
Thanks for posting as I had not seen this. How difficult for Jim and Janet today to know they were sitting there with the person possibly responsible for their daughter's disappearance! It sends chills down my spine.

Ray sounds like he came home to try to clean up their mess, imo. Makes me wonder if he isn't the real brains behind this nightmare. MJ doesn't look that smart and maybe he called Ray to tell him what he had done. (Or Ray recommended it in the first place) Either way, it sounds like Ray knowingly destroyed evidence which points to his involvement and the reason he came home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1