Brooke's Funeral

The little girl who read about Brooke....was that A.R.s little sister? That wasn't Denise with her, was it?

They are always open in our church, and my dad's was....and he was in a different state than Texas. Then they closed it after the funeral. Same for another funeral I went to last summer at the funeral home here in Dallas. Casket was open until they closed it up and took it to the grave.

Whatever --not arguing about that at all. Just interesting though how the services vary apparently.

I just wondered how bad Brooke's body was and it must have been bad. Poor baby.

I know they had an open casket at the wake yesterday. Someone mentioned it on the general discussion thread.

I wasn't arguing, I just never heard of it. Now I know that sometimes that does happen.

The little girl who read about Brooke....was that A.R.s little sister? That wasn't Denise with her, was it?

I'm still trying to figure out if Denise was there. No one has answered me yet.

I'm still trying to figure out if Denise was there. No one has answered me yet.

The woman with the little girl wasn't Denise....unless she dyed her hair overnight.

the more i think about it i am getting more annoyed by that guy stressing that people should pray for ALL of the people involved, it is clear he means to include jacques imo. and i just think there is no need to that at this girl's funeral. it is a valid point from his perspective but i just think maybe it is something to raise at a sermon in a few weeks or so, not on the day brooke goes in the ground.

yeah, im kind of ticked off now about that. :/ anyone else think it was a bit inappropriate?

the more i think about it i am getting more annoyed by that guy stressing that people should pray for ALL of the people involved, it is clear he means to include jacques imo. and i just think there is no need to that at this girl's funeral. it is a valid point from his perspective but i just think maybe it is something to raise at a sermon in a few weeks or so, not on the day brooke goes in the ground.

yeah, im kind of ticked off now about that. :/ anyone else think it was a bit inappropriate?

I missed that part, but maybe he meant Denise and AR.

Really??? You learn something new everyday. I've NEVER heard of an open casket at a funeral.

Yep... IMO, it is an antiquated tradition as are many traditions associated with funerals, however, it often still happens here in the Southern USA.

Personally, I feel that many funeral traditions should be given a second look. It seems very cruel to me for the family to have to walk all the way down the isle to sit in front and then at the end of the service to again stand and leave, walking that long walk exiting the service, in front of everyone attending the service. It is as if you are being placed in public display in your most intimate time of mourning. I chose for my immediate family to enter the service through the front doors of our church and exit through them as well, for my mom's service. It was much kinder, IMO.

Thank Goodness for the favor of closure to be able to bury this child.

Thanks to the Vermont State Police, all LE and to the FBI for bringing this child home.

Even in such tragedy, the 'not knowing' where she 'is' would make it so much more tragic.

God Speed, Sweet Brooke.

Great post. Thanks to all that worked so hard to bring Brooke 'home' for her loved ones. She is in a better place...now let's make our world a better place and rid it of these scumbags who did and allowed this to be done. If there are more involved, I pray they are caught. If there are more abused, I pray they come forward and get help.

I did think it was stressed a bit too much. But, I understand his point.

Great post. Thanks to all that worked so hard to bring Brooke 'home' for her loved ones. She is in a better place...now let's make our world a better place and rid it of these scumbags who did and allowed this to be done. If there are more involved, I pray they are caught. If there are more abused, I pray they come forward and get help.

I pray that the creeps find an ounce of dignity and completely confess and forgo a trial, without any plea deal. I know it won't happen though.

That pastor knew Brooke's Dad and his current wife and kids, not Brooke. I got a detached feeling from him with regards to Brooke. It was odd. The only thing I could think of in regards to his remarks is that those little children (Brooke's half-siblings) shouldn't grow up in a house full of sadness and anger and hate, because hate eats up your entire life until there is nothing good left. The pastor knows this. So, for that immediate family, his remarks were probably good.

Same here!! :)

Well I missed that then about the wake then.

I know they had an open casket at the wake yesterday. Someone mentioned it on the general discussion thread.

I wasn't arguing, I just never heard of it. Now I know that sometimes that does happen.

My thirteen year old grandson was killed March 26, 2008 and this funeral today brings back a lot of pain.

wcax.com says it will be up on their site shortly after it ends.

re: open/closed casket, hehe yeah thats what i figured ;) i just wasnt sure if there was some religion/custom i wasnt familiar with :)

I do not see how you are getting anything from Wcax, because it is under construction i have not been able to access it since early this morning.

Under Construction

The site you are trying to view does not currently have a default page. It may be in the process of being upgraded and configured.
Please try this site again later. If you still experience the problem, try contacting the Web site administrator. If you are the Web site administrator and feel you have received this message in error, please see "Enabling and Disabling Dynamic Content" in IIS Help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back