Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...#2

Sexual orientation isn't determined by DNA, nor by X or Y chromosome. IMO

This study (and other similar studies) is what convinced me:

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic...ble-those-of-straight-people-of-opposite-sex/
Brains of gay people resemble those of straight people of opposite sex
POSTED FRI, 06/20/2008
[...]
There is now plenty of research which shows that a person’s sexual orientation, far from being a phase or a lifestyle choice, is a reflection of fixed properties of their brain that develop at an early age.
[...]
Ivanka Savic and Per Lindstrom at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm scanned the brains of 90 men and women of different sexual orientations. Their images show that in the brains of gay people, certain features including symmetry and connections to the brain’s emotional centre are more closely matched to the brains of straight people from the opposite sex.
[...]

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2016/gender-lines-science-transgender-identity/

OCTOBER 25, 2016

BLOG, SPECIAL EDITION: DEAR MADAM/MISTER PRESIDENT
Between the (Gender) Lines: the Science of Transgender Identity

[...]
So, where do we stand on transgender issues? Science tells us that gender is certainly not binary; it may not even be a linear spectrum. Like many other facets of identity, it can operate on a broad range of levels and operate outside of many definitions. And it also appears that gender may not be as static as we assume. At the forefront of this, transgender identity is complex – it’s unlikely we’ll ever be able to attribute it to one neat, contained set of causes, and there is still much to be learned. But we know now that several of those causes are biological. These individuals are not suffering a mental illness, or capriciously “choosing” a different identity. The transgender identity is multi-dimensional – but it deserves no less recognition or respect than any other facet of humankind.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19341803
[h=1]Regional gray matter variation in male-to-female transsexualism.[/h]2009 Jul 15
[h=3]Abstract[/h]Gender identity-one's sense of being a man or a woman-is a fundamental perception experienced by all individuals that extends beyond biological sex. Yet, what contributes to our sense of gender remains uncertain. Since individuals who identify as transsexual report strong feelings of being the opposite sex and a belief that their sexual characteristics do not reflect their true gender, they constitute an invaluable model to understand the biological underpinnings of gender identity. We analyzed MRI data of 24 male-to-female (MTF) transsexuals not yet treated with cross-sex hormones in order to determine whether gray matter volumes in MTF transsexuals more closely resemble people who share their biological sex (30 control men), or people who share their gender identity (30 control women). Results revealed that regional gray matter variation in MTF transsexuals is more similar to the pattern found in men than in women. However, MTF transsexuals show a significantly larger volume of regional gray matter in the right putamen compared to men. These findings provide new evidence that transsexualism is associated with distinct cerebral pattern, which supports the assumption that brain anatomy plays a role in gender identity.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20562024

[h=1]White matter microstructure in female to male transsexuals before cross-sex hormonal treatment. A diffusion tensor imaging study.[/h]2011 Feb

[h=4]CONCLUSIONS:[/h]Our results show that the white matter microstructure pattern in untreated FtM transsexuals is closer to the pattern of subjects who share their gender identity (males) than those who share their biological sex (females). Our results provide evidence for an inherent difference in the brain structure of FtM transsexuals.

Bruce Jenner can do whatever he wants to do and if he wants to date a young person, great for him. He wants to be known as a woman now, fine. But, he isn't a woman and never will be a woman. He will always be a man pretending to be a woman and trying to live life as a woman.

Gender identity issues and sexual orientation should not be confused with basic biology. There is male DNA and there is female DNA and one can not change their DNA to suit their perception of self. And we do not have to pretend that they can.

Everyone has to lead their own life but no one can make me suspend the laws of science and believe that they actually changed their sex. This is where they confuse acceptance of their decision, and them as a person, with forcing me to believe a lie. The first, I am happy to do, the second I refuse.

Men can never become women and women can never become men. They can live the life of the opposite sex, dress accordingly, have surgery, take hormones and consider themselves the opposite sex but it still doesn't make it biologically true. No man will ever have a uterus or give birth and no woman will have testicles, produce sperm or have a functioning penis no matter how many pills, shots or surgeries they buy.

No one should pretend otherwise, it will just lead to disappointment. Accept that you are a man but prefer to live as a woman and vice versa but do not expect to actually be the opposite sex. You won't be - ever.

It makes absolutely no difference to me what Bruce Jenner turns into. No skin off my behind. However, wouldn't it have been better if he/she just went ahead and did it without all the fanfare and publicity?

She did it publicly because the press wouldn't leave her alone. There was no way it wouldn't have been public. When she was still Bruce, the paparazzi caught Bruce driving with fingernail polish on and this was reported in several outlets. This was also before Bruce had made any public announcement about being trans.

Our president is 24 years older than our First Lady- where is the line between ok and disgusting?

Since Jenner is 68 and the datee is 21, the age difference is 47 years. IMO that falls into the disgusting category. A body must wonder what the youngster hopes to get out of this relationship.

I'd better quit now, my imagination is working overtime.

What is a man? Is a real man a cage fighter or a statesman like Jimmy Carter.

Is a real woman Michelle Duggar or Kelleyanne Conway?

Back in the 1970's I remember hearing reports about Bruce Jenner having a penchant for wearing women's underwear. It was common knowledge in some circles. And, he was married to Chrystie at the time. That was when men who cross-dressed were considered to be straight, not gay. But now that Caitlyn is seeing a woman, I am confused - does that mean she is also lesbian?

Also - one thing that intrigues me, the transgenders I have heard about in the news or personally (I worked with a transgender female back in Tucson, AZ - very sweet gal) seem to be extroverts. I wonder if any studies have been done on transgendereds and extroversion/introversion, would be curious to read them.

What is a man? Is a real man a cage fighter or a statesman like Jimmy Carter.

Is a real woman Michelle Duggar or Kelleyanne Conway?

They are both men and they are both women.

Back in the 1970's I remember hearing reports about Bruce Jenner having a penchant for wearing women's underwear. It was common knowledge in some circles. And, he was married to Chrystie at the time. That was when men who cross-dressed were considered to be straight, not gay. But now that Caitlyn is seeing a woman, I am confused - does that mean she is also lesbian?

Also - one thing that intrigues me, the transgenders I have heard about in the news or personally (I worked with a transgender female back in Tucson, AZ - very sweet gal) seem to be extroverts. I wonder if any studies have been done on transgendereds and extroversion/introversion, would be curious to read them.

Caitlyn is dating a woman? Maybe Bruce is just greedy! lol

The one transgender person I know, is really easy to believe that he was born in the wrong body. Imagine being a 6'1" half Thai girl and not feeling really out of place in Thailand. Big hands and feet and a really masculine wide jaw. I am not sure if he ever had hormone or chromosome tests, before he had surgery, but he feels (and I agree) that he fits in better in his world and in his mind, as a man.

BBM. The one that I know, was neither and extrovert or an introvert. A very stable person.

I know a child, whom I first met at age 4 and who is now 11. Her biological body is that of a male, but she's been clear since the get go that she's a girl. Very matter of fact about it, just kind of "it is what it is and that's how it is" about it. Her parents struggle(d) but accept and support her. Luckily they live in an area where the people are known to be less spitefully ignorant than other areas.

Shrug. Caitlyn Jenner isn't my cup of tea, but more due to demeanor/perceived personality...I don't really care what she does.

BBM. The one that I know, was neither and extrovert or an introvert. A very stable person.

Introversion and extroversion are personality characteristics we all fall on a spectrum on- it has nothing to do with stability but rather whether we gain or lose energy from being around people. Just as with non- transgendered people, transgender individuals vary depending on their personality. Sexuality and gender are also spectrums- for example I am a tomboy who doesn't wear makeup, my mother would never dare go out without makeup.
Some people are attracted to girls, some to boys, some to both, some are pansexual and are attracted to who they are attracted to regardless of gender identity.
If you truly want to learn more there are lots of resources.
If y'all (not just the poster I'm quoting) are just interested in maintaining your viewpoints without learning more, I wish you'd stop discriminating against the most vulnerable group of people on here. (Look at statistics if you don't believe me)
I apologize if I misunderstood anyone's intentions. I am an advocate for the LGBTQ community whenever I can be...

I know a child, whom I first met at age 4 and who is now 11. Her biological body is that of a male, but she's been clear since the get go that she's a girl. Very matter of fact about it, just kind of "it is what it is and that's how it is" about it. Her parents struggle(d) but accept and support her. Luckily they live in an area where the people are known to be less spitefully ignorant than other areas.

Shrug. Caitlyn Jenner isn't my cup of tea, but more due to demeanor/perceived personality...I don't really care what she does.

I'm so glad her parents are supportive!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back