Burt's Bees

Yup. Every time I use my hemmoroid ointment on my butt, I rub the leftovers on my eyes. LOLOL. Hmmmm.... I seem to have this eye infection... LOL

I have a HUGE bottle of witch hazel. It's a great toner. I like it in the summer just to give my face a wipe with it on cotton balls. Very refreshing.

Pook, rooibos is an herb. It's green tea. There's red rooibos and green rooibos. Both are green tea. The red is formented, and the green isn't. Green therefore has even more anti-oxidants, which are the big benefit of rooibos. Green is better for you.

Most people drink it for tea, hot or cold. It's great just as it is, or you can mix in other herbs and spices -- mint, cinnamon, lemon, orange, just about anything blends well with it.

You're also supposed to use rooibos tea in place of any liquid in any recipe so you get the antioxidants. And you can use it in any bath or body product - it's good for your skin, soothing.

I don't actually like the taste of green tea, but it has a lot of health benefits. So when I make tea I throw in some green tea bags, along with the regular tea bags. Since the black tea has a stronger taste, I don't taste the green LOL. I never thought of using the green tea as a liquid in recipes.

I mis-spoke. I don't like the taste of green tea at all, no matter what it's infused with. Roobos is like green tea in benefits, but it's not green tea. It's a different plant genus. You get all the green tea benefits, but you don't get caffeine. And it tastes a whole lot better. Completely different taste.

I have extra organic rooibos and other herbs. Next week after christmas I'll put together some recipes and I'll post another thread so y'all can try it if you want. I'll put together recipes for tea you drink, and also for facial steams, foot baths, and bath teas. We can all relax and purify ourselves after the holidays lol.

No wonder you're a tired old hag sweetie. You'se a busy gal! LOL More power to you. I'll definately read that thread!

Scandi

Never forget the avocados. After you eat the avocado flesh, out of a half avocado. and just have the skin left with a little flesh left on it;, rub it on your face, and leave it on as long as possible, at least until it dries --most nutrients of any fruit are in the skin and also on the very surface of the fruit immediately under the skin. Avocados give great facials; ripe apricots rubbed on the face can be a mild peel, as most fruits are acidic, and many fruits can be used for this purpose. So many natural ithings to use in lieu of the high-priced cosmetics.

Buzzm1 said:
Never forget the avocados. After you eat the avocado flesh, out of a half avocado. and just have the skin left with a little flesh left on it;, rub it on your face, and leave it on as long as possible, at least until it dries --most nutrients of any fruit are in the skin and also on the very surface of the fruit immediately under the skin. Avocados give great facials; ripe apricots rubbed on the face can be a mild peel, as most fruits are acidic, and many fruits can be used for this purpose. So many natural ithings to use in lieu of the high-priced cosmetics.
Oh thank you, Buzzm1! I've used avocado on my hair, but didn't know you could use it on your face. I will most definitely try that and the apricots too!

mysteriew said:
LOL, it's a chemical but hemmoroid ointment is supposed to be good for bags under your eyes. I haven't tried it though.
Another one that I have tried is witch hazel. Good as an astringent, leaves skin soft and smooth.
Hemorrhoids--try a clove of garlic, slightly crushed first, as a suppository; has also been known to keep witches, evil spirits away, as well as friends, and family.

haven't ever tried it for bags under the eyes; seems like it might make the eyes water a lot, and stop kisses dead in their tracks.

Witch Hazel is a good astringent for many things. I always keep a bottle around.

Sorry to find this thread so late. I found a line called Murad, not organic, but the facial lotion is the best that I have ever used. A drop about the size of a pea will cover your whole face. The weather here in Texas is so crazy that some days my face is so dry that it itches, and this lotion is fantastic. And the mask that they sell is the best I have ever used.

A clove of garlic as a suppository for Hemorrhoids? Are you serious?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back