Deceased/Not Found CA - Allison "Alliy" Bayliss, 15, San Ramon, 23 May 2011

Hoping they are able to bring her home soon. So sad. She is so young and pretty with her whole life ahead of her.

If she did jump off the bridge then it might be unlikely she will ever be recovered.

There is a documentary about people who choose to jump off that bridge to end their life.

It's not for the faint of heart. It's called "The Bridge". I actually cried watching it.

Family of Danville Teen Who Committed Suicide Planning Awareness Benefit

Allison Bayliss's would have turned 16-years-old Feb. 7.

But last May, the 15-year-old Alliy -- as she was known -- left San Ramon Valley High School with her bike, took the BART into the city, rode and locked her bike up near the Golden Gate Bridge, and ultimately jumped.

Authorities never found her body.

Her father David spent his late daughter's birthday at a podium at Danville's Town Hall seeking approval for an Alliy's Hope Foundation benefit walk/run through the city. The goal of the foundation and the event, he said, is to bring awareness to youth depression and suicide.

More: http://sanramon.patch.com/articles/...ommitted-suicide-planning-benefit-in-danville

Suicides: more common than murder

[snip]

Martin's death is not an isolated case. Friends and family members were shocked last year when 15-year-old Allison Bayliss, a San Ramon Valley High sophomore, apparently jumped from the Golden gate Bridge.

While Bayliss might have felt alone -- those who survive a suicide attempt often say they do -- she was not. One in 10 Americans suffer from depression, one of the leading causes of suicide, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which says suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the country.

More: http://www.sanramonexpress.com/news/show_story.php?id=6390

Allison Bayliss missing from Danville, CA, has been restricted. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster.

Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.

We greatly appreciate your part in our efforts to reunite families.

Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

I wonder if they have recovered her. I feel so badly for her family.

I am so sorry that Allison was in such pain and saw no other way out of it. Bless her heart and her family's.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back