CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuba I started to post it this morning, but didn't want to bog you guys down further. I'll be glad to post it!

So, I did call the tip line and told them about the attempted abduction near us a few months ago. They hadn't heard about it and they didn't think it was completely out of the question that they COULD be related. They're going to contact the local pd and get further details. I told them they might even contact the school because they had sent home a notice to the kids.

He asked me how I heard about the 'attempted abduction' and I told him I saw it on tv and it was a friend of my grandson's and he talked to her about it the next day.

JMHO
fran

Way to go, fran! I can't believe Escondido didn't know about an attempted abduction in the area. So glad you called them.

So, I did call the tip line and told them about the attempted abduction near us a few months ago. They hadn't heard about it and they didn't think it was completely out of the question that they COULD be related. They're going to contact the local pd and get further details. I told them they might even contact the school because they had sent home a notice to the kids.

He asked me how I heard about the 'attempted abduction' and I told him I saw it on tv and it was a friend of my grandson's and he talked to her about it the next day.

JMHO
fran

I'm so glad you called the tip line. Good for you!

The mention of pranks- do they think its possible someone could be holding Amber hostage as a prank? Or a prank gone wrong?

I may be naive but I think it would be pretty difficult to "accidentally" kill a 140 pound teenager. With 30 pound children, I could see something accidentally happening a lot more likely- by 14 and pretty much fully grown I would think any harm would have to be on purpose?

This is very disturbing...have LE spoken to Amber's girlfriend's boyfriend? The one that was on Ambers phone who denied knowing her? What's up with that? Did he just not want his GF to find out that he had been talking to Amber, or something else?

I swear, anytime I see a white utility van moving slowly down the street, I get the heebie jeebies!

The mexican border is within 1 hour from Escondido. Tijuana is the closest border city.

My colleague is originally from Mexico City and was telling me about the huge problem in Mexico with trafficking young girls. She will email the poster in Spanish to everyone she knows in Mexico.
I thought it was kind of scary when I heard that there was an abduction attempt a few weeks previous to Amber's and the girl looked a lot like her. Were they targeting a certain look?
Praying for Amber's safe return.

So, I did call the tip line and told them about the attempted abduction near us a few months ago. They hadn't heard about it and they didn't think it was completely out of the question that they COULD be related.

JMHO
fran

Way to go...was there a description given of the abductors at the time?

Wow I am stunned! I was watching NG tonight and this was the first I had heard about this missing teen. I live in the Los Angeles area... thank goodness NG gave her some much needed air time.

Hey guys
I've been following you on this one
Any news today?
I'm so scared for poor Amber :(

Way to go...was there a description given of the abductors at the time?

Yes, there was a description. A male hispanic in a white van. It occurred a couple of blocks from where I live at about 3:30 in the afternoon. The girl was on her way home from school.

I told my grandson I'd pick her up when I get him because she lives near us. She declined. :(

JMHO
fran

PS....I checked local news. I can't find anything new........fran

Way to go, fran! I can't believe Escondido didn't know about an attempted abduction in the area. So glad you called them.

thanks Steadfast.

Scary, the incident here happened right at that stop sign where you turned right into our immediate housing area. She lives in this same section.

I didn't recall the vehicle when I was talking to the tip line, but I did remember he was Hispanic, which I believe is what they said about this case. It wasn't until my grandson came home yesterday that he told me the vehicle was a 'white van.'

Yikes! They're talking about a white van in this case too!

When I was talking to the tip line, I told him it may not be related at all because I realize we're more than 40 minutes drive to Escondido, but he said, "No, not at all, it could be important." He seemed surprised about the incident here, I guess because he didn't know. He was going to have it checked out immediately.

I honestly felt kind of silly, thinking they'd already know and had most likely ruled it out. But his reaction made me glad I did call and who knows? Better safe than sorry, I guess.

JMHO
fran

Just FYI - Soulscape is doing an astrological chart on the last seen time for Amber and will post it in the CASE BRIEFINGS thread on the Astro Forum under 'Current Events'. She made note in the request thread that the chart shows this is definitely an abduction - not a prank. More to come later when she posts the chart and her analysis.

has anyone seen the new movie, "Taken"? The white van and "group of men" is a really scary thought. Praying for Amber!!!!

Good evening, Sleuthers! Of late I have been visiting the Forenics Astrology section, but tonight I received psychic perceptions which lead me to believe that Amber is in dire straits!

I 'saw' Amber - tied up, with duck tape on her wrists and over her mouth. She seemed to be lapsing into and out of consciousness, and the .... CREATURE .... that snatched her has her secreted in some small, enclosed area. He is vile, violent and psychotic, and appears to be either in his late 20's or early/mid 30's (sorry, I could not get a good read on his face, but he is medium-tall - maybe 5'8 - 5'11). She also seemed to still be in California somewhere -- I don't know where, but the word FRESNO popped into my mind. I might be wrong, but perhaps I might also be right. With psychism, the best way to go is NOT to questions what one sees and hears, or try to rationalize it away with the mind. This, at least, works best for me.

I truly beleive that Amber needs help FAST! If there is anyone out there in the Fresno area, or anywhere near where she was snatched, please keep a good lockout for her, and contact your local authorities ASAP if you think you've seen or found her. I know that there's lots of truckers out there who are trying to find little Haleigh Cummings; maybe they could also keep a lookout for teen, Amber Dubois. Let's all light candles and say prayers that whe will return home alive, and in one pieces, and that we can somehow catch this creep and bring him to justice!

Thanks,
*Jazz*

How long does it take to drive from Escondido to Fresno?

How long does it take to drive from Escondido to Fresno?
HOURS! It would all depend on the time of day and traffic. Also I do know that the weekend that Amber went missing the "5" was closed- around what the locals call the "grapevine" due to snow/ice which would be the logical route. On a good day maybe 5-7 hrs.

I read about this case and am praying for Amber and her family. There have been some cases in a nearby area which maybe could be related - attached is a link with the information. These are about 15 miles away from Escondido but you never know. I hope the Escondido police are checking with nearby areas to see if there could be any connection.

http://www.10news.com/news/18653412/detail.html#-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member