CA CA - Anaheim, WhtMale UP7680, 32-37, cross earring, bus tickets, Oct '92

Just wanted to bump this case. I have followed this for awhile but not recently so I went looking for it. I always thought it strange when a suicide victim goes unidentified. Meaning that in the case of homicide there may be others that are working toward concealing the identity of the victim and inhibiting the investigation. I suppose a person intent on committing suicide could take steps to conceal there identity but just not sure why. And that leads me to wonder why it has been so long with no identity considering there is DNA, finger prints etc.

It definitely seems like he came to CA to die. Disney is an interesting way to spend your last day, I wonder what it said about him as a person. I don't think he came from the west coast as it seems like Vegas and LA are more glorified in the midwest and east coasts. It comes off as sightseeing to me.

I'm not sure someone so depressed they want to die would choose Disney for their last day -- it seems they usually give up on happiness well before. It makes me think the UID had other motives for suicide, like mental illness (such as bipolar disorder) or personal conflict.

I wonder if he could have been gay, but conflicted (cross earring could be either an indicator he was religious, or an ordinary fashion statement). We could be looking for someone who left home years prior, wasn't report missing until years later, or may not have been missing at all.

Just some ideas to float.

I have wondered a couple times about Terry William Turner and the UM. Age, times etc match and Doe Network lists a height match. While Charley Project has the height and weight as unknown, Doe Network does have a weight listed that would be a bit off. The circumstances do not seem to match. He does fit in with the mid-west / east coast theory though.

terry_william_turner_1.jpg

• Missing Since 09/25/1992
  • Missing From London, Kentucky
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 12/10/1954 (64)
  • Age 37 years old
  • Height and Weight Unknown
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A camouflage-print vest, a short-sleeved shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers.
  • Medical Conditions Turner had an alcohol problem at the time of his 1992 disappearance.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Turner wears tinted eyeglasses. He may have a beard and mustache.

I have wondered a couple times about Terry William Turner and the UM. Age, times etc match and Doe Network lists a height match. While Charley Project has the height and weight as unknown, Doe Network does have a weight listed that would be a bit off. The circumstances do not seem to match. He does fit in with the mid-west / east coast theory though.

terry_william_turner_1.jpg

• Missing Since 09/25/1992
  • Missing From London, Kentucky
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 12/10/1954 (64)
  • Age 37 years old
  • Height and Weight Unknown
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A camouflage-print vest, a short-sleeved shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers.
  • Medical Conditions Turner had an alcohol problem at the time of his 1992 disappearance.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Turner wears tinted eyeglasses. He may have a beard and mustache.
I definitely see similarities, but I'm not sure the owner of a gun shop would jump off a building to commit suicide. Not to sound insensitive, but wouldn't it have been much easier for him to shoot himself? JMO.

Unless that decision wasn't made until after he left Kentucky. But, again I would agree with you, the circumstances seem to indicate a different fate for Terry Turner and do not really fit.

I'm bumping this post after almost two years with a newspaper article I found while searching for information on another case. This article from the Los Angeles Times on 26 April 1994 describes the Disneyland Doe and a couple's solemn encounter with him on the day of his death.

Halfway down, the second snip segues into a description of Holly Jo Glynn, once referred to as the Dana Point Doe.

Los Angeles Times 26-04-1994 - Disneyland Doe 1.jpeg Los Angeles Times 26-04-1994 - Disneyland Doe 2.jpeg

92-06012-LY​

DOE, John 92-06012-LY #1

PRINTS: Right Thumb
DOE, John 92-06012-LY #2
CORONER CASE NUMBER: 92-06012-LYSEX: MaleRACE: CAUCASIANDATE of DEATH: 10/14/92AGE Est. : 32-37EYES: BLUEHAIR: BROWNHEIGHT. Inches: 68 WEIGHT LBS: 204CITY FOUND: AnaheimLOCATION FOUND: Grassy area north of "The Inn at the Park", Anaheim CLASSIFICATION OF DEATH: SUICIDEPHYSIQUE: Well nourished, heavyFEATURES: Pierced left earlobe & cross shaped earring, Y/M ring with clear stone, black watch, buck-knife, denim cutoffs, "Arizona" shirt with cactus, eye glasses, bus pass from Las Vegas to LA (10-13) Disneyland stubTATTOOS: None JEWELRY: "Cross" earring, Y/M ring w/ clear stone, buck knife
TEETH/CONDITION: Restorations # 4, 12, 15, 18, 19, 21, 22, 30, 31, caries #13, 27
DOE, John 92-06012-LY #3

I am still amazed that this guy has not been identified. Everything is there. I wonder where he stayed the first night in LA? He arrived from Las Vegas on the 13th ( bus ticket stub) and his Disney trip and subsequent suicide was the 14th.

Last edited:
If not for the eye color and 2” in height difference, I would think Roderick Hotham could be a likely candidate for a match.

Missing from Maine Sept. 1992. Maybe he said heck with it all and disappeared to go sow his oats.

Weight is exact with similar features.

1660743749949.jpeg

Randolph Leon Brookshire, His photo seems to show something right where the Does mole is near the left eye
Barry J Fisher, looks similar, but was thought to have jumped off a bridge
Michael Grochowsky, looks similar, including glasses
Joseph Anthony Stuart, was known to travel between Nevada and California. No photo

I have been following this case for years. It always seemed like this should have been one of the easier identifications to make but, as is evident 30 years later, still unidentified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back