CA - Angelo Mendoza maimed 4yo son, ate his eye, Bakersfield, 2009 *Insanity*

Angelo Mendoza Jr., the 4-year-old whose eyes were allegedly maimed by his father, has regained partial eyesight, a source familiar with his condition said Thursday. The boy can see out of his damaged but intact right eye and his vision is expected to improve, the source said.

He is getting regular care from an ophthalmologist and his eye is healing, the source said.

source quick trips to hell. Good News!! http://pysih.com/2009/06/07/update-angelo-mendoza-jr-can-see/

Thanks for the link Laura~ So glad to read good news.

Even better that he can see partially, and hopefully will overcome most of those memories. Miracles never cease to amaze me, and he is truly a gift. God Bless his soul. :blowkiss::blowkiss:

This is awful... I say and "eye for an eye" literally in this case... his punishment should be to suffer in the same way. The poor child!! Where in the world was the mother or another person to protect him?? This is senseless and there is no defense for this crime!

This is awful... I say and "eye for an eye" literally in this case... his punishment should be to suffer in the same way. The poor child!! Where in the world was the mother or another person to protect him?? This is senseless and there is no defense for this crime!

You are SO right!!!! Drugs were involved, and that is a common denominator to what we are here every day and every night discusssing. So seneseless and so cruel!!!

Judge: Father Who Ate Son's Eyes Not Fit for Trial
4 year old boy told police, "My daddy ate my eyes."

BAKERSFIELD -- A man accused of biting out his 4-year-old son's eyes is not competent to stand trial.

That's according to a Kern County Superior Court judge who ruled Tuesday that Angelo Mendoza should instead be hospitalized in a mental health facility.

(snipped)

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-child-blinded,0,2981403.story

Ty daisy, I hope that his mental condition stabilizes quickly so that he can face the charges.

k0j951.jpg

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- "It was pretty bizarre," said neighbor Ramon Rodriguez.
Rodriguez was one of the first to discover 34-year-old Angelo Mendoza on April 28 after police said Mendoza bit an eyeball out of his 4-year-old son's face and ate it.
"The guy was crazy. Real bug-eyed; he had to be on drugs," said Rodriguez.

more at link:

http://www.turnto23.com/east_county/19473681/detail.html

Wow! That is bizarre and sad and weird and so so many things. He really does sound like he was on some sort of pcp. You almost have to wonder if he even knew what was going on around him.

So sad :(

That poor little boy, he is absolutely adorable. That father was definitely on some type of hard drug, I would imagine PCP.

I am so so sad...just imagining this precious little boy say outloud "my daddy ate my eyes out". How do you recover from that? You don't. I can't imagine it's even possible.

He's a broken little bird now, and I can only pray that he will somehow find a little bit of joy in life.

Mel

The article linked by babyslims states that the child's right eye recovered. Thanks to the Lord.

babyslims said:
I just wish they'd get rid of the reason by insanity excuse. Its just showing people they can do whatever they want and won't be held accountable for their actions

I disagree. People found not guilty by reason of insanity don't get to go free and unaccountable, they just get sent to a mental hospital instead of a prison. In the case of this man he will probably be incarcerated for the rest of his life.

Besides, I think its better for the child to grow up being told that his father wasn't in his right mind and didn't know what he was doing. He's already been traumatized enough without thinking that his father was a monster who hated him enough to knowingly do such an awful thing.

Specifically I recall this because this little boy is absolutely adorable.

Also I recall it because a neighbor kid was sent to fetch the guy as his mom was going to take him to an appointment. The kid said the dude answered the door weirded out. Next thing ya know he's dragging himself into the yard, chains himself to a fence and tries to cut his leg off. Some other guy without knowing what happened wrestled the ax off him.

Mendoza's own father I believe is doing life. He himself was arrested over and over again and did time. Losy the use of his legs. Did a bunch of PCP. Little guys mom was also on PCP and had stopped by the apaprtment and heard her son crying and she was frightened and left. There's also a significant age difference between mom and dad. Maybe not if she was older, but she was but 19 years old when she had this little cutie. No excuse just stating what I recall.

Anymore I think half the free world has lost their minds.

The article linked by babyslims states that the child's right eye recovered. Thanks to the Lord.

Thanks for updating on that I last read he had some blurry vision in that eye. I am glad he is able to see wonderful things instead of being stuck with that horrible image as his last.

Does anyone know if there is a trust set up for this child?

If not, does anyone know how I can set a special needs trust up? I want it legal and be overseen by an attorney, so his mother or father never sees a penny!

I have actually had nightmares about this case and can't get it out of my head!

Apparently, a lot of money has been raised to help the boy, who is now living with relatives.

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.c...ns-eye-found-not-guilty-by-reason-by-insanity

"People in many countries offered to help Mendoza Jr. as word of the incident spread. A Christian motorcycle group in Bakersfield raised more than $24,000 by July 2009 for the boy."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back