GUILTY CA - Anna Ayala falsely claimed finding finger in Wendy's chili, San Jose, 2005

Husband fingered for purchasing chili digit, charged with conspiracy of grand theft.

Husband implicated in chili finger case charged with two felonies
By JUSTIN M. NORTON, Associated Press Writer
Tuesday, May 24, 2005
San Francisco (AP) -- The husband of a woman accused of planting a human finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili now faces two felony charges in the alleged scheme, Santa Clara county prosecutors said Tuesday.

Jaime Placencia, 43, who was arrested May 4 in Las Vegas on unrelated charges, faces similar felony charges as his wife, Anna Ayala.

Placencia was charged with conspiracy to file a false charge and attempted grand theft with excessive damages, meaning he tried to extract a large amount of money from the fast food chain, prosecutors said.--->>

The finger belongs to Placencia's co-worker, Brian Paul Rossiter, 36. Rossiter lost the tip of his finger in December in an accident involving an electronic lift at Lamb Asphalt Maintenance near Las Vegas.

A recently filed San Jose police affidavit said that Placencia "purchased the injured co-worker's detached finger and advised that he intended to use the finger to create a lawsuit by planting the finger in food at an undisclosed restaurant."--->>
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2005/05/24/state/n172740D93.DTL

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4955025/detail.html

Couple Pleads Guilty To Putting Finger In Chili

POSTED: 1:28 pm PDT September 9, 2005

<!--startindex-->SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A Nevada couple pleaded guilty Friday to all charges related to planting a human finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili in a scheme to extort money from the fast food restaurant chain.

The fickle finger of fate writes on...

Finger-in-chili couple admit scam, plead guilty
Janine DeFao, Chronicle Staff Writer
Saturday, September 10, 2005

A Las Vegas couple admitted Friday that they tried to swindle Wendy's by planting a severed finger in a bowl of chili at a restaurant in San Jose, capping a bizarre tale of a body part sold to pay off a debt that drew national attention and became a staple of late-night comedians.

Anna Ayala, 39, and Jaime Placencia, 43, pleaded guilty in Santa Clara County Superior Court to all of the charges against them, including attempted grand theft and making a fraudulent insurance claim, in connection with the March 22 incident.

If given the maximum sentence on Nov. 2, Ayala could spend nine years and eight months in state prison, while Placencia faces 13 years.

Deputy District Attorney David Boyd said there is a "high probability" he will seek the maximum sentence.
--->>

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/09/10/FINGER.TMP

Jailhouse Phone Call Could Impact Sentencing

POSTED: 9:22 pm PST January 16, 2006
UPDATED: 7:43 am PST January 18, 2006

SAN JOSE -- A phone call in which the woman charged with planting a human finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili told her sister she had become a jailhouse celebrity, signing autographs for other inmates, could impact Wednesday's sentencing in the highly watched case.
http://www.ktvu.com/news/6166880/detail.html

What a :loser:

Realizing that they would never be able to collect any money from the Ayala's for the money they lost in lost business, Wendy's only wants the two to be responsible for the wages ($170,000) that Wendy's employees lost during the really slow business they had to endure. They had a few Wendy's employees testify as to how many hours of work they lost during that time.

Now, they are both going to be in prison for nine years. They don't have a pot to pee in, let alone a window to throw it out of. Just how does Wendy's expect that the employees are ever going to collect any money from them???

The short answer is: Wendy's doesn't, but it sounds good of Wendy's---but it accomplishes nothing.

It's a jolly good thing this didn't happen at Kentucky Fried Chicken. That would have forever ruined their "Finger Lick'n Good" slogan! :sick:

E

ehmadpotter said:
It's a jolly good thing this didn't happen at Kentucky Fried Chicken. That would have forever ruined their "Finger Lick'n Good" slogan! :sick:

E
Oh Lord, ROFLMA, I think something just shot out my nose.

close_enough said:
LOL...good stroll down memory lane, Jelly :D ...
You have to read the whole thing it is comical! It went from bad to worse..

Anna Ayala, the Las Vegas woman who gained international infamy for a 2005 incident in which she claimed she found a finger in a bowl of chili at a San Jose Wendy's restuarant, is now out of prison and talked exclusively to CBS 5.

In the interview, Ayala admited for the first time ever how she prepared the severed finger of a co-worker in a batch of chili made with a similar recipe to Wendy's chili.

"I cooked it," she said of the finger. :eek:

more here

http://cbs5.com/watercooler/wendys.chili.finger.2.1549266.html

By Bruce Newman
bnewman@mercurynews.com
Posted: 03/10/2010 05:30:35 PM PST
<!--secondary date-->Updated: 03/10/2010 11:50:10 PM PST

She cooked it.
Say what you will about the half-baked scam perpetrated by Anna Ayala at a San Jose Wendy's five years ago, the finger she supposedly discovered in her chili was medium well-done. And no one would know that better than Ayala: She was the finger-food chef that day.
"I cooked it,
" Ayala said, making a clean breast of her crime for the first time in a televised interview with Joe Vazquez of CBS-5.
Ayala's attempt to shake down the fast-food chain attracted worldwide attention, forcing the San Jose Police Department to assign six investigators to the case and cost Wendy's an estimated $21 million in lost business. Ayala drove the wandering ring finger &#8212; severed weeks earlier in a workplace accident &#8212; to San Jose, then pretended she had just chomped down on it, warning other patrons to avoid the chili. A representative of the chain did not return a call seeking comment about the news that Ayala was at large again.
After serving a prison term of four years &#8212; one year for every remaining finger and opposable thumb on the harvested hand of Brian Rossiter, who was paid $100 for the severed digit that ended up in a Wendy's chili container &#8212; Ayala, 44, has been living in San Jose since last April. But as a condition of her parole, she has not returned to the scene of the crime.
"I'm banned from Wendy's," she said. "For life.
<snip> When Ayala made her startling admission that she cooked the fingertip in a pot of chili at her Las Vegas home, Vazquez demanded to know if she used her own recipe, or Wendy's. (Answer: Wendy's!) more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-stories/ci_14650385?nclick_check=1</snip>

I'm surprised she is not banned from entering any restaurant for life. If I was a restaurant owner or manager her business would not be welcome at my establishment.

Amazing she still thinks this is funny even though it cost Wendy's so many millions in business.
Wise cracks instead of remorse.... figures. another someone like Joey Buttafuco looking for there last 15 min of fame.

the guy sold his finger for a 100?

what a dope......or he was on dope.

Thanks, LinasK. I had forgotten why I had stopped eating chili. :puke:

Someone hold my hair back, please.

'Chili Finger Lady' who planted a severed digit in Wendy's meal is going back
to prison for TWO more years for 'lying to police' about her son's shooting
(Daily Mail)
The Californian woman sentenced to four years in prison for planting a severed finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili is going back behind bars for two more years, this time for lying about a shooting involving her son.

Anna Ayala, 47, pleaded no contest to three felony charges and will receive a two-year prison term when formally sentenced in September.

The so-called Chili Finger Lady was arrested in October after she told police that her son had been shot in the ankle by two men.

Her son, Guadalupe Reyes, accidentally shot himself with a gun he wasn't supposed to have, because he was on parole for a felony burglary conviction.

Ayala lied to prevent him from going to prison as a felon in possession of a firearm.
---
lengthy article, detailing Chili Finger Incident and other family flim-flammery, with pictures, at link above

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe
Back