CA CA - Arianna Fitts, 2, San Francisco, 1 April 2016 *mother found dead*

$100k reward offered in 2016 murder of mother, disappearance of daughter - The San Francisco Examiner

Mar. 28, 2020 8:30 p.m
The San Francisco Police Department is offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of suspects in the unsolved April 2016 murder of Nicole Fitts, and the disappearance of her then-2 1/2-year-old daughter Arianna.

21112057_web1_200328-SFE-Fitts_1.jpg

A witness has turned into a "possible suspect"!!!

Calif. Toddler Went Missing and Mom Was Found in Shallow Grave — as Police Offer $100,000 Reward

March 30, 2020 12:51 PM

On April 5, 2016, Nicole Fitts, a hard-working single mom from California, was reported missing along with her 2-year-old daughter.

Three days later, the 32-year-old’s body was found in San Francisco’s McLaren Park in a shallow grave covered with a piece of plywood with a strange symbol painted on it.

Arianna was nowhere to be found. She remains missing to this day.
[.....]
Arianna was last seen in February 2016 in the care of her babysitters, Helena Hearne Martin and her husband, Devin Martin, the SFPD says in its statement about the reward.

The Martins, who lived in Oakland, and Helen’s sister, Siolo Hearne, of Emeryville, cared for Arianna for extended periods of time while Fitts worked, police said at the time, NBC Bay Area reports.

Just before Fitts vanished, she reportedly told Helen Martin that she wouldn’t need her to care for the child any longer, The Mercury News reports.
[.....]
Helena Martin was questioned several times by police.

Her attorney, Darryl Stallworth, told NBC Bay Area in 2017 that “she’s given them all the information she can.

“Now that they changed from her being a witness to a possible suspect, I’m not going to let her give any more statements.”

No one has been arrested and charged in the case.

Snipped from upthread...
I have never heard of this case until today when I saw an update on Facebook. Incredibly tragic.

The post I saw contained an image of the piece of plywood found over the mother’s grave with investigators asking for the public’s help in identifying the image painted on it. I spent several years painting and refinishing furniture and this to me looks like someone had something laid out on the plywood and had spray painted it. A reverse stencil basically. The image is hard for me to see in great detail, but that’s the first thing that came to mind.

I’m not sure what to make of the “circle” in the middle. The rest of it appears to have clean lines on the inside and then the paint “flares” outward on the outside edges. What you’d expect to see if an object was traced by spraying it with paint. If that makes any sense. At first glance it looked almost like a “Caution Wet Floor” sign - the yellow ones you’d see a janitor put out after mopping, for example.

I’ve only read this thread and the brief article that I saw on Facebook, so I don’t know half as much about this case as anyone who has followed it does. I know the plywood was said to have not come from the park, rather brought in by whomever dumped the young mother there. It could very likely hold a clue to that person(s)’s identity. Just wanted to share my thoughts in case it helps someone more familiar connect dots.

Gray Hughes Investigates3 hours ago
In last night's case of Nicole and Arianna Fitts I show where Nicole's body was located and then what we call Jay Case vision happened. Nicole went missing on April 1, 2016. She was reported missing on April 5, 2016 by her sister and friend. She was found dead in McLaren Park by a playground on April 8, 2016. Amazingly there is satellite imagery from April 5, 2016 of that location. That means that it may be possible we are seeing the board that covered her body in a shallow grave in this image.

Five years this month since Ariannna was last seen by someone other than her mom now deceased. Reading the background, I tend to wonder if the babysitters reluctance to return her to her mom led to some secretive action. Makes one think she may be alive and might be located sometime. Hope she's safe and lovingly cared for at least.

The San Francisco Police Department has authorized a $100,000 reward for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of those responsible for Fitts’ murder and her daughter’s disappearance. Her former employer, Best Buy, is also offering a $10,000 reward.

“The FBI and SFPD want to speak to everyone who interacted with Nicole leading up to her disappearance,” according to a SFPD statement. “Try to remember every detail you can, no matter how insignificant you think it may be. If you remember something, please contact us even if you previously talked with us. As we have continued to collect information, analyze forensic evidence, and have developed new leads, SFPD and the FBI will be reaching out to people again in the coming months.”
FBI Seeks Assistance to Locate Girl Missing From Oakland Area - MyNewsLA.com

Arianna Fitts, seen in these 2015 family photos, was 2-years-old when she was reported missing in 2016. On Thursday, the FBI released an age progression of what the now 7-year-old might look like.
FBI Seeks Help Locating Arianna Fitts, Child Missing Since 2016 From San Francisco Area

Ariana was 2 years old when she was last seen in Oakland in February 2016. The body of her mother was found on April 8 of that year, buried in a shallow hole in San Francisco’s McLaren Park.
Anniversary of Homicide Investigation of Nicole Fitts and Disappearance of Arianna Fitts 21-078 | San Francisco Police Department

San Francisco police offer $100,000 reward in search for girl missing for 5 years | KTLA

Last edited:
JUL 2, 2021
Inside The FBI: Missing Children's Cases
(Arianna's case is discussed beginning at about the 1:46 mark)

From the transcript, available at Inside the FBI: Missing Children's Cases — FBI:

[...]

Over the past five years, the FBI and the San Francisco Police Department have worked together to find Arianna and, hopefully, to bring Nicole’s killer to justice, too. Despite the passage of time, investigators are still actively searching for Arianna.

According to Scott Schelble, the assistant special agent in charge of the FBI’s San Francisco Field Office, the FBI does everything in its power to find a missing child until they’re either found alive or their remains are recovered.

Scott Schelble: It doesn’t matter if it has been one day, one week, five years, or 10 years. I think the American public expect that of us, and I think every parent would have that same expectation: that we are not going to give up looking for a child just because some time has passed.

Grover: Investigations can get more complicated with time, but the same wait that can devastate victims’ families can also allow technological advances to emerge. We hope that one of these breakthroughs may move this case—and others—forward.

Schelble: We do not look at Arianna’s disappearance as a cold case or as a case that is put onto a back burner. This is a case we are actively looking at, and it’s going to remain an active case until we are able to resolve it.

The FBI is working very closely with the San Francisco Police Department, and we are in this side-by-side to the conducting of interviews, the collecting of information, the analysis of forensic evidence, and following every lead until we are able to determine both what happened to Arianna, as well as what happened to Nicole, and to hold those people accountable.

[...]

NOV 9, 2021
Missing and Black: Families of Arianna Fitts and Daniel Robinson keep searching - CNN
Arianna Fitts was just two-and-a-half years old the last time she was seen by family.

The search for her began when her mother, Nikki, was found murdered and left in a shallow grave in San Francisco's McLaren Park. There was no sign of the toddler.

Arianna's aunt, TF, has been facing the soul-destroying mystery of the double tragedy ever since.

"I do believe that Arianna is still alive, and it would mean everything to me to know where she is and to find her," TF told CNN recently, and began to cry. "I wait for that day, every single day. I believe that day will come."

211108203928-arianna-fitts-super-169.jpeg

Arianna Fitts was a toddler the last time her family saw her.

[...]

But unlike the recent missing person case of Gabby Petito, or the disappearance of Natalee Holloway or the unsolved murder of JonBenet Ramsey, there is no army of obsessed followers also hanging on every development, and no sustained media coverage.

Asked why Arianna was not a household name, Tess Fitts took a long pause.

"I honestly thought she was," she said at last. "It's kind of surprising to me to know that she's not."
upload_2021-11-9_8-35-28.jpeg
An image of Arianna Fitts age progressed to 6 years old. She is now 8.
Missing and Black: Families of Arianna Fitts and Daniel Robinson keep searching - CNN

FBI SanFrancisco [URL='https://twitter.com/FBISanFrancisco']@FBISanFrancisco [/URL]57m
"It’s been 6 years of heartache and uncertainty for their family, their friends, and their entire community. Today we are asking for the public’s assistance to help us find Arianna #Fitts and bring her home," #FBI ASAC Scott Schelble.

FBI SanFrancisco @FBISanFrancisco 53m
"We ask that you take a long look at the photos of Arianna, including the new age-progression photo. Please contact law enforcement if you have any information to share, even if you have previously talked to law enforcement," ASAC Schelble. @SFPD @MissingKids

FBI SanFrancisco [URL='https://twitter.com/FBISanFrancisco']@FBISanFrancisco [/URL]50m
If you have information regarding NIcole Fitts' murder or Arianna's disappearance, contact the #FBI at http://tips.fbi.gov or @SFPD @MissingKids
tips.fbi.gov FBI - Tips Website to provide tips to the FBI.

It's about time!! That is very good news about having some new info, imo. Hopefully this case is soved soon and justice is obtained for Nicole, and Arianna who lost her precious Mother. I definitely know how it feels to lose your Mommy when you're so young, you never, ever get over that! Poor baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UN_Owen
Back