Deceased/Not Found CA - Baki Dewees, 3 weeks old, left with his parents from Palmdale, parents arrested in Ogden, UT, w/o him, poss dead, 3 May 2024

Seems they must be traveling by Greyhound bus.

“[The baby’s father] didn’t say nothing,” Parke said. “They went to the Greyhound [and when he got to the bus station], he didn’t have the baby with him.”Police searching for remains of 3-week-old in Calif. landfill; parents being held in Utah
Thank you for this. So it was abuse of the older sister as to the arrest of the mother from the Utah shelter.

So father was in California with baby and mother in Utah jail. Were the other kids taken by the state or with family? Why not take the infant? If father was wanting to go on his own why did he have baby (for awhile) and then why go back to Utah? Was it for the other kids?

“My family and I (are) desperately asking for your help,” she wrote. “Baki is only 3 weeks old. Please help us bring Baki home to his grandmother.”

The infant’s great-grandmother told KCAL9 on Wednesday the family is holding out hope that the child is still alive.

“We had no idea why he (Yusuf) is taking him away,” she said. “We don’t know what he was doing taking those two babies away from us. We’re still missing the great-grandson of mine.”

“My family and I (are) desperately asking for your help,” she wrote. “Baki is only 3 weeks old. Please help us bring Baki home to his grandmother.”

The infant’s great-grandmother told KCAL9 on Wednesday the family is holding out hope that the child is still alive.

“We had no idea why he (Yusuf) is taking him away,” she said. “We don’t know what he was doing taking those two babies away from us. We’re still missing the great-grandson of mine.”
Thank you! this clears up that the other 3 children are in Utah Child Welfare Services. Why does the grandmother state the father took away 2 babies? Is she referring to one of the children in Child Welfare?

I am sorry but a live child will not be in a landfill.I pray they are able to find him. Wonder what his excuse will be for a dead baby, an accident?

Thank you! this clears up that the other 3 children are in Utah Child Welfare Services. Why does the grandmother state the father took away 2 babies? Is she referring to one of the children in Child Welfare?

I am sorry but a live child will not be in a landfill.I pray they are able to find him. Wonder what his excuse will be for a dead baby, an accident?
I doubt he will tell the truth as to what happened.

A 3 week old without it's mother, in the care of a father (Who may not know the first thing about taking care of an infant) traveling on a Greyhound bus is probably not very conducive to an infants survival.

Although it doesn't sound like the alternative may have been much better for the little one.

JMO

14815720_051424-kabc-baby-landfill-split-img.jpg

PALMDALE, Calif. - A three-week-old Palmdale boy who has been missing for more than a week is presumed dead, after his parents left the state without him. Authorities tell FOX 11 that they are searching for the boy's remains in the Antelope Valley Landfill.

The baby, Baki Dewees, was reported missing on May 3, after leaving a Palmdale home with his parents.

More at Missing 3-week-old Palmdale boy presumed dead; deputies searching for remains

The case came to the attention of Sheriff’s Department officials after the infant’s grandmother made a missing person report sometime around May 8.

Deputies responded to the 2300 block of Carolyn Drive in Palmdale regarding her call, according to a news release. Camacho said the matter was forwarded to the department’s Homicide Bureau a day later. On Tuesday, he said it was still too early in the investigation to release information about why officials believe the child is dead or how it is suspected he died.

More at Palmdale landfill searched for missing infant's remains; parents arrested in Utah

Palmdale, CA, to Ogden, UT is almost 700 miles.

Google Maps
So many would be thrilled to have a healthy newborn!

MAY 19, 2024
[...]

Earlier this week, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department investigators scoured the Antelope Valley Landfill as the case shifted from search for a missing person to what authorities said was suspicious death investigation.

Sheriff's detectives have not disclosed why the landfill became a focus of the probe, but authorities described Baki's father, 24-year-old Yusuf Dewees, as a suspect in the case.

"I would like the father to be open and honest, and give the honest answer -- tell the detectives actually what happened to the baby, where the baby is," said Brad Parke, Baki's grandfather.

The boy's mother was already in jail on unrelated charges prior to his disappearance and thus is not considered a suspect in the case.

[...]

MAY 20, 2024
... The entire family was reportedly residing in Utah when family welfare officials took custody of one of Gaoa's four children because of child abuse allegations against his mother, who was and still is in jail.

With Gaoa out of the picture, Yusuf reportedly took custody of the remaining children, including Baki, and traveled to Palmdale. Paulo visited with Gaoa's parents, including Paulo, and reportedly had the baby with him. However, when the 24-year-old went to catch a Greyhound bus back to Ogden, Baki wasn't with him.

I would like to know how Yusuf got from the family home where he was visiting to the Greyhound station. Did Sofia give him a ride? Did he walk with the other kids, Uber, city bus? Did one of the other children tell LE that Yusuf put Baki in a trash dumpster and that is why this switched from a missing persons case to a death investigation and the landfill was searched?

Sofia's partner, Brad Parke, who was present when the parents left Palmdale, recounted the day saying: "They just left like normal. It was a normal day. There was nothing out of the blue. He didn't say nothing. They were here. They went to the Greyhound [and when he got to the bus station], he didn't have the baby with him. That's facts." Family of missing three-week-old boy beg dad to 'tell the truth'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back