CA CA- Beaumont, WhtMale, 35-55, UP7216, skeletal remains in a shallow grave, gunshot wounds. October 1973.

cheemsg

Reaction score
This man's skeletal remains were found scattered in and around a shallow grave in a remote canyon. He had two gunshot wounds to the head. He had been dead at least a year.
He was estimated 5'8 and had brown hair still stuck to the skull.
Nothing much to go off here sadly. I have been on this NamUs page before and it is a lot more detailed than it used to be, so hopefully this currently has someone looking into it.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The remains were initially thought to be of a female: NamUs UP7216 - Newspapers.com

View attachment 383792
Or is it a different case with same date, location and circumstances?
I think that's the same one, yes. The 10 years estimate is interesting. I guess 5'8 is relatively small stature and back then I really think they only estimated sex on height/stature. So I guess this could be a man who went missing in the early 60s, or even the 50s?

Possible matches (I don't suppose he has rule outs?)

Charles Jones, Chowchilla, CA. 25-35. May 1957. (His namus page is so vague just btw... nothing on this guy)
Thomas Melendez, Bakersfield, CA. 48. April 1961.
Howard Kley; Coos Bay, OR. 53. January 1966 (feels like a stretch)

RSBM

This MP's case owner is the Texas Gray County Sheriff's Office.
I think Melendez is a fairly strong match. 48, 5'8, brown hair, missing in 1961 and the JD was dead for 10+ years in 1973, missing 3 hours away, by the looks of it. But there's nothing about him online really.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back