Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it helps than it can’t hurt. Thanks for commenting!

Define classmate.

Well, I'm thinking Blaze wasn't in school since spring 2017.
So anyone that knows him well from college classes that they attended together at that time.

Wait....does this seem odd to anyone else? Taking time to make a charity pitch while your son is missing is certainly generous but is this really the right time for this?
It doesnt seem that odd to me. So many people are asking about creating a reward, but the family doesnt want to do that. A place to donate is a way to channel those who are offering reward $. This is also consistent with a post by dad asking people who wanted to help search, while LE was still busy searching, to donate time to a soup kitchen or charity.

I set up a media / timeline / links thread for Blaze in the Media forum: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?408-Missing!-Timeline-Forum-and-Media-links

No Discussion is allowed in the media threads. It helps people look up media coverage and other things easily. I think it will be interesting to see how the timeline for Blaze evolved over the first few days.

I went through and posted the links to media coverage on Jan. 5 from the first thread, but I don't have time to update anymore tonight. Please feel free to post media links in both threads (relevant quotes are great) to discuss here. Hope it's helpful!

ETA - A few people posted some great maps as well. It would be great to post them there as well (I'm a mapmaking newbie).

anyone hv local scanner link?
It's been some time since I was a regular on WS, but when I was here last, there was a scanner forum. I'm sorry, I don't know how to find it. A vet WS would be able to tell you.

This just sounds ominous to me. I wonder, with the homicide detectives now working on the case, have the warned the family that Blaze is not alive? They didn't find any evidence so far, right? Gah, this is just depressing me..........
I don't find anything telling by his statement, we should take it as he said it.
He basically said everyone is reaching out asking what they can do and feel helpless, so he suggested to make a difference in someone else's life and then listed the foundation they could donate to.He said this would be an honor for Blaze and his strength to get through this.

I set up a media / timeline / links thread for Blaze in the Media forum: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?408-Missing!-Timeline-Forum-and-Media-links

No Discussion is allowed in the media threads. It helps people look up media coverage and other things easily. I think it will be interesting to see how the timeline for Blaze evolved over the first few days.

I went through and posted the links to media coverage on Jan. 5 from the first thread, but I don't have time to update anymore tonight. Please feel free to post media links in both threads (relevant quotes are great) to discuss here. Hope it's helpful!
Thank you so much! A media thread has been on my wishlist. [emoji6]

Homicide and missing persons are often the same detectives. And by using experienced homicide detectives they will cover aspects that might not be done if a person is considered voluntary missing. They may not know what they have yet.

Homicide Investigators Follow Leads

The on-foot search through the Borrego Park and Whiting Ranch area has concluded. According to OCSD Public Information Officer Carrie Braun, there are numerous leads to follow.

Surveillance video, phone records, interviews are all being reviewed now by eight homicide investigators and one sergeant of the Orange County Sheriff's Department, according to Braun. "We are still searching for Blaze as for a missing person," Braun said.

Braun concluded, "We are really hoping to find him alive and return him to his family."

https://patch.com/california/lakefo...tigators-follow-leads-missing-college-student

This article makes it sound like the friend stayed around waiting for Blaze while he was visit No this other person, then when this driver/ friend went to the bathroom, Blaze disappeared. So did this friend see that Blaze met wth someone else? The article said this friend waited in the car. Clear as mud.

What we really need as a Verified Insider is a U of Penn classmate.
Anyone out there? Want to join, please?

Well, I'm thinking Blaze wasn't in school since spring 2017.
So anyone that knows him well from college classes that they attended together at that time.

Blaze WAS at Penn this past fall semester! I don't know where people are getting that he was out on a medical leave... that's just not true. He was only out on the winter break that every Penn student was out on from Approx (depending on day of last final) Dec 21- Jan 10. Classes start Jan 10 ...he was due to come back on the 7th according to his father . Blaze wrote an article for the school paper this past semester and edited and was given credit for working on the Penn Apitite magazine this past semester. My son saw him frequently this past semester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parzval