Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article and details about the affidavit are quite enlightening and definitely cast more suspicion on the driver/friend.

From article: But, the affidavit says, while he had told investigators that he went to his girlfriend’s home after he left Bernstein in the park, he said he could not remember her last name and did not know where she lived.

That’s just a small portion...

Umm can you be anymore guilty?

New Details Summary:

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...ego-park-case-being-investigated-as-homicide/
The friend, who attended Orange County School of the Arts in Santa Ana with Bernstein, told detectives that he spoke with him on SnapChat that night. He agreed to pick up Bernstein and they drove to the parking lot of a Hobby Lobby in Lake Forest to “hang out” and “catch up.”

He said Bernstein then told him they were going to meet up with another friend from high school, and they arrived at the Borrego Park parking area shortly before midnight on Jan. 2, a Tuesday. He said Blaze exited the vehicle and walked by himself into the park.

The friend said he waited for about an hour and tried to contact him on SnapChat. He said he then left at around 1 a.m. and drove to his girlfriend’s house in Tustin and then returned to the park at about 3:40 a.m. after Bernstein still had not responded. During one interview, the affidavit says, he said he did not know her last name.

The friend said Bernstein complained about his grades in school and “seemed depressed but never said anything about wanting to hurt himself.”

On Jan, 4, two days after the teenager disappeared, detectives spoke with the friend again at Borrego Park and noticed that his hands had several small scratches and abrasions. The friend said the scratches and abrasions were from a “fight club” that he was involved in.

Investigators also noticed what appeared to be “dirt under the fingernails” on both of the friend’s hands. They asked him how his hands got so dirty and the friend said he “fell into a dirt puddle” during the sparring session.
Detectives noticed that the friend was nervous and was “breathing heavy, talking fast and visibly shaking.”

At one point, the friend opened the doors to his rental car and allowed two detectives to look inside. The detectives noticed hiking and camping equipment in the rear of the vehicle, a large empty plastic bin on the backseat, and a black belt on the passenger seat floorboard.

The friend agreed to be further interviewed at the sheriff’s headquarters in Santa Ana, where his story “stayed fairly consistent.” But, the affidavit says, while he had told investigators that he went to his girlfriend’s home after he left Bernstein in the park, he said he could not remember her last name and did not know where she lived.

“On their way out of Sheriff’s Headquarters, (investigators) noticed every door (the friend) had to touch on the way out of the building he pulled his jacket over his hand to prevent his hand and fingers from touching any part of the doors he touched.”

Well, well. Dirt under his fingernails? I gotta go with pretty damning stuff. AND if true the last worrisome text was at 1130pm, sounds like he texted from inside the car while driving to the park. Maybe he knew the guys intentions so he sent that message. Then as soon as the car stopped at the park, he ran for his life.
Very disturbing any way you look at it.
So very sorry, Blaze.

From article: But, the affidavit says, while he had told investigators that he went to his girlfriend’s home after he left Bernstein in the park, he said he could not remember her last name and did not know where she lived.

That’s just a small portion...

Umm can you be anymore guilty?

Those cops weren't stupid. They hear these ludicrous perp lies on a daily basis.

Oh and sounds like he was very worried about fingerprints. Murder weapon? So sorry to type that

Hmm...the affidavit casts A LOT of suspicion on the driver/friend!!! When an arrest is made, I wonder what the motive will turn out to be? I wonder if Blaze and this friend hung out together over the summer, assuming Blaze came home after his freshman year at Penn. So many questions..I hope there is an arrest made soon. Also, the friend was nervous and shaking, etc. and understandably so if he's guilty of murder and LE is on to him, but could these be signs of drug withdrawal? Just speculating. And a "fight club, dirty puddle"; who says dirty puddle?!!! moo

Maybe a lover's quarrel.

For those out of the OC area...OCSD has contracts with MOST of the cities in OC to provide police services. However there are a few cities that have their own police departments. Like Laguna Beach and Newport Beach. I think there are a few others. If an arrest were to be made that info would be on the OCSD web site.

I think a judge can seal the records....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. That affidavit is very telling. But why??? 😞😞😞. RIP Blaze.

OH NO NO. I just heard this news.

Going to get caught up and come back to this discussion.

Been dealing with Websleuths things outside of the actual forum all day today and tonight.

By covering his hands with his jacket, glad the perp was protecting the dirt under his fingernails. <insert sarcasm here>

I imagine LE have since taken samples to see if it matches the dirt where Blaze was located.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member