Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
(SNIP-SNIP, see original post for full text).. Of course, the affidavit doesn't say where on that spectrum these scratches fall.

FACT:
While the reports of the reports only state that during LE questioning of the Driver/Friend (Ex-School Mate), when asked about the scratches, his reply/justification, was that he was in a "fight club."

PRESUMPTION:
Because the scratches were located on his hands, LE likely concluded the scratches were (possibly) of an 'offensive' nature..
Offensive injuries are far different from everyday daily scratches by (cat, gardening,etc.), and instead, these would typically be scratches/wounds to One's knuckles, and fingers in a manner that would indicate One's fists were used to hit an object.

Which is likely why the Driver/Friend used the 'fight club' as his excuse/justification, because he realized before even speaking to LE that he had to have a logical explanation for those injuries.

SIDENOTE:
I 1st saw this in my news feed day before yesterday & had not heard of it before then, but it immediately sent a shiver up my spine. (Sounded Familiar)...and since, I've read this Forum page 1-5 (still working on catching up), but Blaze Bernstein's (Luv that name!) case, sadly...
To those who are so shocked about a school mate (not necessarily a friend), having killed another class mate, a year or even 2 after graduation from High School...
Back in 1989, likely the 1st unpublicized case of Bullying (revenge killing), occurred at my own high school, by my best friend's bf..who just months after graduation, convinced someone we went to school with who bullied him, to go shooting in the woods (not uncommon for ppl our age, who regularly hunted), where he ended up killing his prior bully. So, NOT saying the same remotely happened here, ONLY that whatever the reason, I wouldn't be surprised if it tied back to when they were in High School together..

If it was a shallow grave and heavy rains partially uncovered the body, I wonder if an odor is what caused them to search again in that location.
I believe someone posted here a link from a news reporter that stated,it was the school principal who contacted police with the schools video surveillance and that's what brought the police back to that spot.

I read in a police report that "no blood was found at the scene." I don't know if different has been said since I read that.

They've appeerenty got other DNA besides blood, because they said they're testing it (the OCSD).

I don't know. It strikes me as a true detail. Washing your hands wouldn't necessarily get rid of dirt embedded under the nail. He would've needed to scrub it out with a brush or scoop it out with a file.

And what about the scratches?

Question: If the friend is guilty why wouldn't he have scrubbed his nails raw to get rid of the dirt?
The dirt hopefully was taken and they will be able to match it to the dirt found on Blaze, right?

I believe someone posted here a link from a news reporter that stated,it was the school principal who contacted police with the schools video surveillance and that's what brought the police back to that spot.

Unless something has changed, which I missed...From all the new reports I read, it was the organized Police Search efforts that located his body, and it happened because of the weather change (the rains), made his body more visible than it had been previously...the area had originally been searched by police, drones, etc...(but was missed because it was concealed & the rains unearthed it)...where his body was finally located was shockingly close to the site of where his memorial was located..(which is why I said, unless I missed something and LE came back and said he was moved;however, as I understand it, that was not the case, and his body was never moved.)

(EDITS OF: typos and for clarity)
NOTE: All of the above is just my own opinions, views, thoughts, theories, fish stories, etc; Unless otherwise indicated with a URL reference, or a stated referral otherwise. Thanks!

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

Question: If the friend is guilty why wouldn't he have scrubbed his nails raw to get rid of the dirt?
The dirt hopefully was taken and they will be able to match it to the dirt found on Blaze, right?

WHY?= Young, Stupid, he likely scrubbed his hands the best HE KNEW how to do..(stress on those 2 words), not having the knowledge of What to Use and How, in order to remove the dirt properly. When someone hasn't worked a hard labor job or done physical work, it's not likely they know which soap to use or what kind of brushes, etc. are needed in order to remove that ground in, deep type of dirt...

*shrugs* just (MHO)

Unless something has changed, which I missed...From all the new reports I read, it was the organized Police Search efforts that located his body, and it happened because of the weather change (the rains), made his body more visible than it had been previously...the area had originally been searched by police, drones, etc...(but was missed because it was concealed & the rains unearthed it)...where his body was finally located was shockingly close to the site of where his memorial was located..(which is why I said, unless I missed something and LE came back and said he was moved;however, as I understand it, that was not the case, and his body was never moved.)

(EDITS OF: typos and for clarity)
I'm headed out the door or I would go back and find the link in one of the other threads on this forum.
Yes rain helped , but it was from the reporter who spoke with the school principle, stating he called police to look at schools surveillance footage. Apparently it faces the area he was found.

Can anyone explain how he was not found by LE. They did use dogs, right? What if he was not at the park. What if he was brought back to the park during or just before the two days of rainfall we had here in SoCal. It doesn't make sense that he wasn't found a short distance from the path/basketball court earlier.

Look at the Chandra Levy case. Talk about taking long.......
R.U.

The leaking of the affidavit is odd. We don't get to see the whole thing, only the parts that leave the driving friend suggestively in the 'guilty' frame. And surely with the evidence they already have on him, it's a wonder why there's been no arrest...This makes me think that maybe there is another person involved and that the driver,although complicit, was not the main doer? The leaking of these damning parts of the affidavit would certainly turn up the heat on the driving friend and if he was not responsible for the murder (but accomplice after the fact for sure), perhaps leading to a ID-ing of third party? Not convinced of this theory myself but the partial leak and then sealing of the document feels a bit like 'strategy'.

Ugh! Tapatalk is acting up for me!..{freezing, not updating, won't let me quote, etc}...so, Sorry!! no quotes..

@LOSANGELES24 =
Safe Journeys & Man!, No Fair!..*driving me crazy*..I just read pages 1-5 & had to take a break, so Luv to see/get the link, Thanks!

@DESMCKY
&
@R.U.KIDDING

Yeah! It was that how was he missed & was he moved back, that lead me to say...Unless I missed something..bcuz what I read originally while stating LE, was written in a way that left the Reader with little pebble of doubt & 'What if'...

@EUCALYPTUZ

No Arrest isn't surprising to me, because, believing someone is guilty, there being every indication that they are guilty, and then having what you need to bring a rock solid case to court, without potentially losing critical portions of evidence, etc. to defense motions, and/or having what the JURY will want to see in order to convict someone (especially someone fairly young), is a whole other set of criteria...

Personally, I do not believe there was anyone other than the Driver, but obviously, I could be way off base...

All of the above are just my own thoughts, opinions, views, theories, fish stories, etc.; unless otherwise indicated via website URL or my referencing another source. ..Thanks!

=======
Q=Anyone know how to 'fix' imbeded spaces that aren't there & aren't supposed to "be" there, which keep posting with One's signature?...my sig keeps dropping down an inch or two (way too much space), and then posting...Ugh!
========

I think this is very plausible. I'll have to reread some things..you've certainly got me rethinking some things. This is why I love WS; there are always new observations, thoughts, opinions, etc.
The leaking of the affidavit is odd. We don't get to see the whole thing, only the parts that leave the driving friend suggestively in the 'guilty' frame. And surely with the evidence they already have on him, it's a wonder why there's been no arrest...This makes me think that maybe there is another person involved and that the driver,although complicit, was not the main doer? The leaking of these damning parts of the affidavit would certainly turn up the heat on the driving friend and if he was not responsible for the murder (but accomplice after the fact for sure), perhaps leading to a ID-ing of third party? Not convinced of this theory myself but the partial leak and then sealing of the document feels a bit like 'strategy'.

In light of some online investigation I performed, I need LE to look into the "white pride or white power" online posts regarding Blaze Bernstein. I hope I have worded this in a way in which I will not be sent to a corner. I will never forget this young man and am grieving a brilliant light and star that has been extinguished too soon. We will never know the things he would have accomplished. My heart so heavy today for his siblings and family as well as friends he will never know. We will never read him again, and that is also a crying shame. RIP Blaze, you set a Nation on fire. XO

And this is why we don't even use his initials here.

AGREED! ..not only for liability purposes, but also to protect the foolish from themselves..*shakes head*

& the Video's "points" Reminded Me= While young & not as smart as he thinks he is, his keeping his hands from leaving prints on door knobs, etc., as he left LE headquarters, was definitely "telling"..as to his guilt and/or innocence, and in my own humble opinion!...the former more so than the later...

Also, while I believe in Sleuthing to a point, I'm not a fan of people going and doing such in person investigations at the level of those young people & lack of precaution!..(IMOO), the thought of 19-20 yr old's out there doing stuff like that is horrifying!!..I had a classmate murdered, so I get how it can naw at you & you're left to try and understand a "why", you likely never will, regardless of what info comes out, so I sympathize and 'get' that....BUT, still, were they my kid(s), I'd call either or both (& their parents!) & read them the riot act!..Doing stuff like that (random in person investigating & showing up at ppl's homes!), is like watching a bad cliché horror movie in real life (this case, not so bad as I think the criminal activity level is low & based around what happened, but "What If" it were a real SK case?!?!)..it's just insane!..*sighs*..to be young & foolishly still believe yourself invincible!.*sheesh*..

I finally had time to look at BB's FB page, and found myself really chuckling. What a wonderful, quirky sense of humor. My take-away is that many young kids from that school have really bright futures. If it turns out that the driver was an old classmate and the perp, it could have been an act in the moment, and not premeditated. He could have been frustrated and struggling seeing others move forward in their lives in a way that he couldn't, and he snapped. Just completely a SWAG and IMO.

Perhaps - there is a lot that we still don't know. I believe the police said they didn't believe this was premeditated, which rules out things like this being a planned hate crime. Assuming the leaked affadavit is accurate if incomplete, the driver lied but lies are told for a lot of reasons, it could just as easily have been told to cover up for a third party's involvement in his death or someone covering up for an accidental death. I think this may be a situation where the police know a lot more than we do and after charges are filed, we'll find out more of the pieces of the puzzle. Truth be told, if I put forth a theory and it was right, it would be a lucky guess.

Good question. Another one: why didn’t he make up the last name of his fictitious gf?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good question. Another one: why didn’t he make up the last name of his fictitious gf?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Because then they would be able to check her out and find out she doesn't exist or if she does exist won't corroborate his story.

Please tell me how the police can assume and even state that they feel it was not premeditated when they haven’t even arrested anyone yet or gotten a confession. They must know *something* if they can seem to be so sure that there was no premeditation. How can they be sure that the killer didn’t pick him up specifically to murder him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member