Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said it wasn't irrelevant- I'm not sure why folks think this is what I am saying.

Maybe I just can't convey properly what I am trying to say. I don't know, sometimes things get misinterpreted online.

I understood what you meant.

It's very hard to disentangle the influence of inner psychological demons vs the involvement of external violent influences.

To cite an extreme example, in one case I followed, the killer (same age) had a copy of Silence of the Lambs on his coffee table. So was he inspired by the book and the figure of Hannibal L? Then how come the millions of others who read it, didn't also go out and kill people?

Edited to reword last paragraph.

I understood what you meant.

It's very hard to disentangle the influence of inner psychological demons vs the involvement of external violent influences.

To cite an extreme example, in one case I followed, the killer (same age) had a copy of Silence of the Lambs on his coffee table. So was he inspired by the book and the figure of Hannibal L? Then how come the millions of others who read it, didn't also go out and kill people?

Edited to reword last paragraph.

The big difference there is the kid in your story didnt go to serial killer camps that are intended to teach and indoctrinate hate towards specific religions and sexualities that BB was. Groups that activly threaten and encourage violence. Groups that we sent our grandfathers to destroy in the 40's. Big difference between a video game or book to a whole ideology that seems to be more and more enabled in this country for about a year now.

The big difference there is the kid in your story didnt go to serial killer camps that are intended to teach and indoctrinate hate towards specific religions and sexualities that BB was. Groups that activly threaten and encourage violence. Groups that we sent our grandfathers to destroy in the 40's. Big difference between a video game or book to a whole ideology that seems to be more and more enabled in this country for about a year now.

I agree, that is very concerning, and is a story that should be exposed.

It seems possible IMO that SW parents may be a bit on the legalistic side. You would have to have experienced this or witnessed it closely to understand. Attending church every day because you desire to is different from attending because you feel you need to in order to work your way to Gods acceptance.

I have seen nothing about his brother. Did he not measure up?
The father being a Scout leader
SW being an odd fit for the conventional Eagle Scout
The priest mentioning SW taking communion
The stark contrast between SW and his parents
My own interpretation of his fathers countenance when leaving the court room

The combination of these are what have made me think about the possible legalistic aspect.

This post has nothing to do with challenging legalistic religions, nor judging his parents...please im not interested in doing either. It’s just sharing an observation that may or may not materialize to anything.

I remember this it took place in California near Santa Barbara

Killer who committed massacre in Isla Vista was part of alt-right, new research shows
He was alt-left. Fan of The Young Turks

He could well have been both.

A certain number of dangerous extremists are "drifters" who do not have a fixed socio poltical ideaology. Rather, they are attracted to the potential for justified violence, and / or wish to be associated with an "elite" group of any sort that affirms and accepts them. Or, their true motive is simply noteriety.

This couple is a good example. http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/police-officers-killed-in-ambush-shooting-identified/71059628

At some point prior to murdering two police officers, they were photographed attending far left wing "Occupier" protests holding placards with leftist talking points regarding health care. Yet, they later show up at the far right wing oriented Bundy Ranch stand off.

Trust me. As Americans, many of us are mystified by the constant assault on the media as of late. You are right. The media does what it's always done. But no amount of proof as to reliability of a publication seems to be enough these days. It gets tiresome and drags threads off track on a regular basis.

It seems it's become a way to prevent serious discussion of information uncovered by the media, by diverting attention to the media itself.

Notice how little we've discussed SW since this began again? Because it works. I'm part of the problem, of course, because I have to fact check all of the claims of media bias.

*Sighs, and will probably do the same thing all over again in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Great post, vmm. Thank you.

It seems possible IMO that SW parents may be a bit on the legalistic side. You would have to have experienced this or witnessed it closely to understand. Attending church every day because you desire to is different from attending because you feel you need to in order to work your way to Gods acceptance.

The combination of these are what have made me think about the possible legalistic aspect.

This post has nothing to do with challenging legalistic religions, nor judging his parents...please im not interested in doing either. It’s just sharing an observation that may or may not materialize to anything.

Interesting thoughts- this has crossed my mind too yet I cant reconcile the parents following church morality/laws to a T with them launching a defense of SW and his crime which they appear to be doing ... such as hiring a big time defense attorney , trying for bail and bringing the prayer show to court.

Do you have children?

I do have children. In fact when faced with church teaching over supporting my children I didn't think twice about leaving the church to support my child. Which is indeed my point. I don't understand how Gooddeeds thinks the parents are legalistic with regards to the church in his above post when they seem to be supporting their child. I was just hoping she/he would offer up a further explanation. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

We aren't supposed to sleuth the brother or family here. I've seen a lot of people on social media who say they know the brother describe him as very popular and normal. He was also an Eagle Scout. He went straight to Uni from high school. Nothing unusual.

I've also heard the family described as homophobic. Wouldn't that be a surprise? (Being ironic here).

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting thoughts- this has crossed my mind too yet I cant reconcile the parents following church morality/laws to a T with them launching a defense of SW and his crime which they appear to be doing ... such as hiring a big time defense attorney , trying for bail and bringing the prayer show to court.

It is their child at the end of the day. This is such an extreme situation that personally I don't know what I would do if I was going through their circumstances. I would like to think I would do what the parents of a doctor who tried to rape and then killed and dismembered a nurse a few years back in Mainland Spain did... The murderer's father when he heard what his son had done, he dragged him to the police station and told police officers never let him get out of jail.

But a person's state of mind could be seriously altered by hearing what their child has done so who knows? They might also believe there are "mitigating circumstances" -mental problems, bullying suffered in the past, brainwashing by hate groups etc- and in their minds they might think he can be "rehabilitated" in the future.

I don't think we have enough information at this stage on the parents' core set of principles, SW's past etc. to understand why his parents are behaving the way they are.

It is their child at the end of the day. This is such an extreme situation that personally I don't know what I would do if I was going through their circumstances. I would like to think I would do what the parents of a doctor who tried to rape and then killed and dismembered a nurse a few years back in Mainland Spain did... The murderer's father when he heard what his son had done, he dragged him to the police station and told police officers never let him get out of jail.

But a person's state of mind could be seriously altered by hearing what their child has done so who knows? They might also believe there are "mitigating circumstances" -mental problems, bullying suffered in the past, brainwashing by hate groups etc- and in their minds they might think he can be "rehabilitated" in the future.

I don't think we have enough information at this stage on the parents' core set of principles, SW's past etc. to understand why his parents are behaving the way they are.

I agree. I wonder if they've shelled out to have him deprogrammed, and thus he left the AWD this summer. Informants claim he was further radicalized by someone who got him to leave school, but we really know nothing about what that means. Maybe his parents thought he was done with that stuff and maybe half of him was. Hence renewing his friendship with Blaze. I think they were in the same year at OCSA, since they were both college sophomores (if Sam hadn't left). That means they spent four years together there, as it starts in 7th grade. The 6th grade Sam had to love the arts a lot to go through the application process, and the workload there is intense. This was the boy that did an interpretive dance at a school performance. It's too bad he couldn't find lasting friendships there. Maybe how ever superficial it might have seemed to others his friendship with the very popular Blaze was really important to him. Being outed by him might have been super devastating. But the idea of him targeting him for revenge or hate is just too horrible to contemplate. I'd rather imagine some scenario where it was more to do with immediate emotions and a lack of control. JMO

Source on AWD activities Jake Hanrahan's Twitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's think about how we are getting side tracked here, through diversionary tactics. We were discussing the possible relevance of SW's connections to hate groups with the fact that he murdered a gay Jewish man.

In providing proof that being associated with these groups can lead to violence and murder, people posted articles from MSM about previous and recent murders connected to these groups.

In response to that, someone claimed that one of these murderers was actually alt-left, but of course did not provide any proof. This was the first diversion. It was not a fact-check because no proof was provided.

Some posters then began to attempt to connect violence with the far left, and then proceeded to connect antifa with the democratic party. Further diversion here.

And now we are at a point where we are discussing several things that have no relevance to this case - antifa and the democratic party.

Who benefits from this? Blaze doesn't. Furthering theories on the case doesn't. Neither the victim nor the perp have any connection to antifa and Blaze's politics have never been mentioned. Since there is zero evidence that SW was a member of antifa or the democratic party, this is clearly a way to divert our attention from the groups he was a part of. This kind of red herring serves only to benefit the murderer.

Now ask yourself why you would want to divert a discussion in such a way that only the murderer benefits. What is that agenda about?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My apologies for not elaborating further in my previous post: ‘LEGALISTIC’

In relational dynamics that are legalistically driven versus not, there typically is a tremendous amount of denial involved. Because ‘no one’ is perfect, therefore denial becomes an intense mechanism to survive in maintaining a constant state of ‘perfection’. Eagle Scout is a man made and recognized high achievement, to rank you have to be a ‘version’ of perfection.

In regards to his parents supporting him this could explain part of that, or simply because they are his parents and want to. Or both, but at this point we don’t know.

*Re: my points are simply directed to possible factors in SW decisions and actions (Im directing *this to a different post, not you Cat, that commented on ‘sleuthing’ the family).
In my post I mentioned this is not judgement or sleuthing the family. Don’t want to or care to.

MOD NOTE

STOP discussing politics now. Timeouts will be forthcoming if this discussion continues. This is a TOS violation.

If you don’t agree with a post, either scroll and roll or put the other member on ignore.

Do not personalize posts. If you see a problematic post, hit the alert button and move on. Replying to the post just creates a bigger mess for moderators to clean up.

This post falls at random.

I was looking on the web for articles associated with the types of crimes associated with multiple stab wounds. I came across this interesting abstract from a published paper- Multiple Stabbing in Sex-Related Homicides.

Snip

Cases include both hetero- and homosexual relationships. Multiple stabbing occurs significantly more frequently in sex-related homicides (≥ 3 stab wounds) than in other homicide types. When the criteria for multiple stabbing are changed (≥ 4, 5, or 25 stab wounds), the percentage of sex-related homicides rises in every group in relation to the increased number of wounds.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23756522

My apologies for not elaborating further in my previous post: ‘LEGALISTIC’

In relational dynamics that are legalistically driven versus not, there typically is a tremendous amount of denial involved. Because ‘no one’ is perfect, therefore denial becomes an intense mechanism to survive in maintaining a constant state of ‘perfection’. Eagle Scout is a man made and recognized high achievement, to rank you have to be a ‘version’ of perfection.

In regards to his parents supporting him this could explain part of that, or simply because they are his parents and want to. Or both, but at this point we don’t know.

*Re: my points are simply directed to possible factors in SW decisions and actions (Im directing *this to a different post, not you Cat, that commented on ‘sleuthing’ the family).
In my post I mentioned this is not judgement or sleuthing the family. Don’t want to or care to.

Thats interesting - makes me wonder (in my limited 1 course in college study of psychology) if living in legalistic perfectionism relational dynamics could lead one to splitting easily - a tendency towards seeing things as either all good or all bad, black and white, no grey. Which might be how SW could fall into Nazi circles from Eagle Scouts i.e. Nazi selling ideas of a perfect race of one being superior to another resonated in him. And or his splitting if he is gay and not accepting that aspect of himself turning into rage for making himself *bad*.

Rigid thinking patterns can easily lead one to a cult. .

I was looking on the web for articles associated with the types of crimes associated with multiple stab wounds. I came across this interesting abstract from a published paper- Multiple Stabbing in Sex-Related Homicides.

Snip

Cases include both hetero- and homosexual relationships. Multiple stabbing occurs significantly more frequently in sex-related homicides (≥ 3 stab wounds) than in other homicide types. When the criteria for multiple stabbing are changed (≥ 4, 5, or 25 stab wounds), the percentage of sex-related homicides rises in every group in relation to the increased number of wounds.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23756522

Wow, this is interesting too...
“Regardless of age, homicides involving multiple stabbings should be considered sex-related, especially when the victim is female.”

Thats interesting - makes me wonder (in my limited 1 course in college study of psychology) if living in legalistic perfectionism relational dynamics could lead one to splitting easily - a tendency towards seeing things as either all good or all bad, black and white, no grey. Which might be how SW could fall into Nazi circles from Eagle Scouts i.e. Nazi selling ideas of a perfect race of one being superior to another resonated in him. And or his splitting if he is gay and not accepting that aspect of himself turning into rage for making himself *bad*.

Rigid thinking patterns can easily lead one to a cult. .

Bingo, you said the word ‘cult’. I didn’t want to reference any modern Day mainstream denominations for obvious reasons. I WILL NOT ENGAGE.

Any religion can represent different things to different people. It doesn’t have to be the obvious known ‘purple koolaide’ ones. Most often it is solely derived from the persons mindset, ideology, etc. It’s why you see some people being ok with missing church, synagogue, service, sabbath for a day or a week and others not even entertain it. THIS NOT ABOUT RELIGION AT ALL.

Surge in alt-right violence: At least 43 murders in the last four years

"The alt-right is associated more closely with white supremacy than misogyny, but as Hankes explained it, misogyny is "a through-line through the whole ideology" and the alt-right community holds "a general distaste for gender egalitarianism." In fact, alt-right leaders target online forums where young men gather to demonize women and exchange "pick-up artist" tips, using misogyny as the bait to lure young men into a white nationalist ideology. Baiting angry young white men with the idea that men of color are "stealing" all the white women — and that's why they can't get a date — is a common tactic."

https://www.salon.com/2018/02/09/su...e-at-least-43-murders-in-the-last-four-years/

It will be very interesting to see what SW's internet search history reveals. Wonder what, if any, websites/forums he participated in. It will probably yield a lot of information regarding his motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member