CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had tried the search feature up in the right corner, and came up with nothing. Did I misspell his name?? :blushing:

Well, gees LOL He's mentioned twice, which is a good thing ;)

Thanks for finding this! :rose:

I used the search feature using 'Robert Harrod'. That only brings the missing page up though. 'Bob Harrod' has no results. I cannot get the fugitive page up under the search or looking through the alphabetical list of fugitves.

Weird, because I can see it in your link. How did you find it in the first place?

Bob could have been transported in JeM's truck and no evidence was found that showed foul play.

Chris McAmis, who murdered Lynsie Ekelund (from Placentia), said the PPD searched his truck after she disappeared. Now I don't know what kind of search/check they did on his truck at the time, but when McAmis finally confessed after 10 years, he told the police he kept Lynsie's body in his apartment for up to two days, wrapped her body in a blanket, put her into the cab of his pickup, and drove her to a construction site where he buried her.

Plus, JeM had at least 3-4 days before his truck was checked. Did he get the truck cleaned during that time? JuM always talks online about their power/pressure washer.

This was the post I was searching for and Cloudajo was kind enough to locate it for me.

Yes, unfortunately I suppose there are completely different standards of forensic evidence required depending on the case. With a stranger abduction, a hair or fibres from the missing person, present in a stranger's vehicle, might be enough. That same 'evidence' in a family member's vehicle, would be no evidence at all.

On the ktla.com news video from July 28th 2009, a clip is shown of Bob with a handset to his ear. It's a cordless receiver and they almost always have a redial function. To me, it looks slightly old-fashioned, as though it may not have a digital screen or functions. I suspect a digital phone would reveal a lot more info than a conventional one.

However, it could have the old-fashioned, bulky look simply because it is one with extra large buttons for the visually impaired.

Thinking about it - PB said her number 'came up as private'. So it must have a screen.

Second video down, here:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only

Random, and possibly inappropriate thought...

RB: I do not suspect anybody in my family. The fact that he disappeared the following day is strictly coincidental.

Why not? Why does RB say she does not suspect her BIL?

From the poison pen letter, we know Bob went into an angry tirade against JeM before (which is weird in it's own right because what would JeM have to do with anything in the first place, but I digress.) We know from Fontelle that Bob was agitated after the family meeting. Wouldn't it make sense that Bob could've launched into another tirade against JeM the following day?

Why does RB seemingly defend her BIL, if he's just her BIL? I mean seriously, I love my BIL, and I do trust him, but if he's the last person to see my father before he disappears, I'm taking a hard look at him, kwim?

IMO, there is something weird going on, and it's not just Bob's disappearance.:twocents:

From the poison pen letter, we know Bob went into an angry tirade against JeM before (which is weird in it's own right because what would JeM have to do with anything in the first place, but I digress.) We know from Fontelle that Bob was agitated after the family meeting. Wouldn't it make sense that Bob could've launched into another tirade against JeM the following day?

Why does RB seemingly defend her BIL, if he's just her BIL? I mean seriously, I love my BIL, and I do trust him, but if he's the last person to see my father before he disappears, I'm taking a hard look at him, kwim?

IMO, there is something weird going on, and it's not just Bob's disappearance.:twocents:

I agree, all very weird. I think a few things are factoring in here. One being acceptance of JeM's probable involvement means acceptance of the poison pen letter setting off a chain of events which led to Bob's probable murder.

It's hard to believe someone could be in such denial with the glaring red flags in this case. Maybe that's due to fear of this being ruled a murder for financial gain and no one getting a red penny.

PB as well, although RB especially. AH doesn't seem to be so popular though.

I started in thread 1, and started clicking every link I could click LOL I am reverifying, and throwing out info since Disappeared, and new statements by daughters/Agnes have surfaced.

(A lot of inconsistent statements by daughters. The whole family might be innocent, but I can certainly understand why the police and Judge in the estate matters are reluctant to take them at face value.)

Cubby, Cloudajo, or Angelo (or all of them) had the AMW link in their media list.

I used the search feature using 'Robert Harrod'. That only brings the missing page up though. 'Bob Harrod' has no results. I cannot get the fugitive page up under the search or looking through the alphabetical list of fugitves.

Weird, because I can see it in your link. How did you find it in the first place?

BBM (left posts as are for support statements)

CA Exile, Bob's neighbor Paul, stated that Josie (Barber) gave Bob a cell phone as Bob did NOT have long distance. This is also how he came to meet Josie's son. This young man went over to Bob's house to show him how to use the phone. The buttons were too small, and Bob didn't like it (or stopped using it) whatever.

Cordless phones require long distance to make long distance phone calls. In this clip, Bob is blowing kisses to Fontelle (in MO) using a cordless phone.

So, up to a week before Bob went missing, Paul was apparently under the assumption that Bob did NOT have long distance. (Paul moved away about 8 days before Bob went missing)

I wonder if Bob actually had an internet package, since his grandson had the computer hooked up there. If so, Bob didn't need long distance, and didn't need that cell phone from Josie.

I wonder if it was a "pay as you go", Trac kind of phone for some reason.

Just more stuff that doesn't make sense to me.

On the ktla.com news video from July 28th 2009, a clip is shown of Bob with a handset to his ear. It's a cordless receiver and they almost always have a redial function. To me, it looks slightly old-fashioned, as though it may not have a digital screen or functions. I suspect a digital phone would reveal a lot more info than a conventional one.

However, it could have the old-fashioned, bulky look simply because it is one with extra large buttons for the visually impaired.

Thinking about it - PB said her number 'came up as private'. So it must have a screen.

Second video down, here:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only

.... another thought. I'll bet there were numerous calls in the late AM when no one was there.... and once AH and JuM went through the list and times of calls on the caller ID, they tried to build the timeline around the times when Bob's phone was not answered.

Fortunately those people who were trying to reach Bob in the am and didn't have a hand in his disappearance can testify to no one answering and I believe phone records can determine if the calls being made to Bob were answered or not.

I'd even go as far as saying probably JuM tied the "about 28 hours ago" time to what she read on the caller id. She must have seen that calls after that appx 10:00 am call were coming in frequently enough to indicate they hadn't reached Bob.

I'll go a little further and say JuM fed info to her sister PB like she did Fontelle......

Time will reveal the truth... It always does.

ETA: It also wouldn't surprise me to learn someone hit redial to determine the last call Bob made out.

With that 'mile long' memorabilia list, I think it's pretty obvious there are some snoopers in Bob's bio family.

I am sure that AMW thing is just a misplaced link on the site, or a broken one. But given what's gone on in the past, it is really needling me that Bob comes up as a fugitive somehow. Even if he does also come up as a missing person. There are some families of missing people who would find that really, really upsetting. It's a bad mistake.

My only worry about complaining is if they then go overboard and delete Bob's missing profile as well. Should I just leave well alone?

BBM (left posts as are for support statements)

CA Exile, Bob's neighbor Paul, stated that Josie (Barber) gave Bob a cell phone as Bob did NOT have long distance. This is also how he came to meet Josie's son. This young man went over to Bob's house to show him how to use the phone. The buttons were too small, and Bob didn't like it (or stopped using it) whatever.

Cordless phones require long distance to make long distance phone calls. In this clip, Bob is blowing kisses to Fontelle (in MO) using a cordless phone.

So, up to a week before Bob went missing, Paul was apparently under the assumption that Bob did NOT have long distance. (Paul moved away about 8 days before Bob went missing)

I wonder if Bob actually had an internet package, since his grandson had the computer hooked up there. If so, Bob didn't need long distance, and didn't need that cell phone from Josie.

I wonder if it was a "pay as you go", Trac kind of phone for some reason.

Just more stuff that doesn't make sense to me.

I think it may be possible Bob did not have long distance. From what Fontelle has said, it does seem like she was the one who always called him. However....I am just wondering if daughters were a little behind the loop.

Fontelle had married Bob and was staying in California but had family in MO. I imagine she would have wanted to stay in touch with them. Unless she had a cell phone (but Fontelle has a visual disability too) then maybe she and Bob had changed the phone package and daughters didn't know about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon