CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on the issue of Mr. Harrod's mental and physical condition is from a SAR standpoint (of course!)

When family members report a well-being check, they are asked for the reason and/or necessity for. For example, we get lots of calls via LE about elderly persons who tend to wander. Also, people with multiple types of disabilities that either require medical attention, have left without medication, have said worrisome things to friends or relatives- etc. Also from friends and relatives located far away (in physical distance) who grow concerned when extenuating circumstances may indicate a problem. Such as a missed nightly 'goodnight' call, or an expected 'I've arrived at my destination' call.

If LE receives a call such as the above, completes a well-being check, and cannot locate the individual, often they will open the case as a missing person case. (Really, it depends on the extenuating circumstances.)

An elderly man with known dementia would (imvho) fall into that category. But an elderly person with mental acuity, a vehicle, and a lifestyle predisposed to independance (with friends and family in the area) would not. Bad knees would not be enough. But bad knees, personal vehicle remaining at residence, and possible evidence of a crime scene or disturbance of some sort would.

The issue of mental acuity did not arise until after the fact- it was not a part of the initial report (please someone correct me if I'm wrong.) Nor was it a part of the well-being check, or the initial MP report filed.

That's enough for me to think something else entirely was surmised by both the reporting person(s), and LE after conducting the well-being check.

Mvhoo.

The Search returns these 3 closest locations to Placentia, in descending order of proximity:

Gateway Lodge No. 339

500 E Imperial Hwy

Brea, CA 92821-5564

(714) 256-1452

http://www.gateway339.org/

Yorba Linda Lodge No. 469

4847 Main St

Yorba Linda, CA 92886-3413

(714) 758-5954

www.ylmasons.com

Anaheim Lodge No. 207

303 W Lincoln Ave

Anaheim, CA 92805-2936

(714) 891-1482

Maybe Bob's daughters would know which one Mr Harrod attended, if any, in the year or two before he went missing.

~jmo~

Since Bob's daughters have not provided any useful information about their fathers disappearance, I think reaching out to Bob's neighbor friend PE would be the best avenue to get accurate information as they were lodge members together.

PE's blog

A person has to run really fast to catch up with the SAR thread at the moment, but boy am I glad to see it. It really makes me think 2013 could be Bob's year.

I have to agree that if Bob's daughters were willing and/or able to provide more details about his accessories/where groups willing to support him could be found, they would have done it by now.

They would have done it a long time ago. Since they were providing misleading info out of the gate, and AH stopped his mortgage payments out of the gate for the reasons posted upthread, I suspect the entire CA family knew Bob wasn't 'missing'. That, imo, is why they did not provide useful information for locating him.

FWIW y'all probably remember but-
thread 1, post #592, ex neighbor PE indicated that AH was also a member of the lodge

BBM

Since Bob's daughters have not provided any useful information about their fathers disappearance, I think reaching out to Bob's neighbor friend PE would be the best avenue to get accurate information as they were lodge members together.

PE's blog

Apparently you missed my post way upthread where I suggested the very same thing. zwiebel might recall since she commented on it.

~jmo~

Wouldn't Bob have been the type of person to take photos of his valuables for insurance purposes? And maybe keep them in a safe or safe deposit box?

Interesting question. I suppose each of us could come-up with a guess. Based on the characterization of Mr Harrod I've personally developed, I believe he wouldn't have been inclined to do this. I wonder what his family members would have to say, or if they knew whether he did or not.

~jmo~

thread 1, post #592, ex neighbor PE indicated that AH was also a member of the lodge

Actually, I think we may have inadvertently overlooked that info, sre'. Thank you for the reminder! It certainly explains to me why the Masons wanted to leave it to the police and not get involved when they were approached. And it's a reminder how important new eyes are to Bob's case.

Here is that post of PE's:

Bob and his grandson were very close. He is a good guy as well. He is also a member of the lodge. I am sure he joined because of Bob. He has a wife and kids as well. I believe Bob had a big hand in him getting the financing to buy his house. I like him. I do not know him that well. He works a lot in computers. He travels for work a lot as well.

Fontelle is a very intelligent and headstrong woman. She married Bob. She feels as his widow, she is entitled to the house and its furnishings. If she were to go back to MO, the daughters would clean that house out. She would not get anything. After 59 years meeting the man you plan to spend the rest of your life with, would you go back across the country and pretend it all did not happen? I wouldn't. Plus, I do not think her family can "make" her do anything. She is there more on principle than anything.

At the point of his disappearance, Fontelle had little to gain. Bob had already said he was going to put everything in both their names and add her to his stuff when she returned from MO to CA. Yes, he told me that. Why in the world would she have anything to do with his disappearance before he did all that. If she was going to do anything, would it not be after all the papers were signed and she would legally be entitled to it. That would just be dumb. Fontelle is NOT a dumb lady. You see what she is going through now.

The hairdresser had no intention of paying Bob back. He was 80 years old. She figured he would at least pass on before anyone asked about the money. And since there were no signed papers, what could they do?

Keep them coming.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #1

And looky, looky at how long ago they knew there were no loan papers with the BL. Seriously, how much earlier was this from the date they went to trial to collect on these gifts?

I have to go look......

Oh wow, about 2 years prior to the trial and they still went ahead with it despite knowing their father documented that money as a gift.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod-Court Documents No discussion

PE:
The hairdresser had no intention of paying Bob back.

Neither did his grandson. I wonder if PE read AH's deposition about not making his mortgage payments because he believed his note was to be forgiven upon his grandfathers death.

I sure wish we could hear PE's thoughts on that, as well as his thoughts regarding the co-conservators secret agreement with AH forgiving him of all of his debt owed Bob.

here is something else from PE on thread 2 post #79
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #2
BBM
7. He was an officer for several years. But his friends were all back at the lodge in Pasadena. Everyone knew him. When Georgia was sick, I kept them up to date on things. But, yes, he was active in the lodge.

maybe that lodge could be contacted...do THEY even know Dear Mr H is Missing? maybe THAT one would take an interest

not sure which one?
http://www.freemason.org/becomeMember/lodgeLocator.htm?address=pasadena+ca&x=16&y=9

thx C ;)

Thank you so much for reminding us of that. I had a really yukky feeling about reaching out and I don't usually - maybe that post was in the back of my mind somewhere. It would have helped me more if I'd filed it properly, at the front.

Actually, I think we may have inadvertently overlooked that info, sre'. Thank you for the reminder! It certainly explains to me why the Masons wanted to leave it to the police and not get involved when they were approached. And it's a reminder how important new eyes are to Bob's case.

Here is that post of PE's:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #1

And looky, looky at how long ago they knew there were no loan papers with the BL. Seriously, how much earlier was this from the date they went to trial to collect on these gifts?

I have to go look......

Oh wow, about 2 years prior to the trial and they still went ahead with it despite knowing their father documented that money as a gift.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod-Court Documents No discussion

As well, I think it is really interesting that CAExile could personally testify that Bob told him he was about to put everything in Fontelle's name. It's such a shame LE didn't speak to him as soon as Bob disappeared, and didn't follow up on his offer to be interviewed.

I really hope LE did speak to him eventually because his knowledge of Bob certainly helps shed light on possible motives. That makes the threat he says was made by a daughter to stop talking about Bob, look very suspicious as well, imo.

Respectfully snipped and BBM. My comments/questions are inserted within the quoted post, in green.

I'm not clear on WHY you think that AH's joining the lodge would result in no involvement by the lodge for its missing senior member and grandfather of a new member. Please clarify. (Note: I am not saying the lodge *should* have involved itself but I don't understand your reasoning.)

I think new eyes to case are important too!

{snip}

I have to go look......

Do you think it is possible that Mr Harrod did not draw a note to document any loans he may have made to the BL, even if some of his contributions to her were meant as gifts? Would it surprise you to learn, as would be the case for many, that he wrote the word "Loan" on the memo line of his check or on the reverse side above the endorsement block?

{snip}

~jmo~

As well, I think it is really interesting that CAExile could personally testify that Bob told him he was about to put everything in Fontelle's name. It's such a shame LE didn't speak to him as soon as Bob disappeared, and didn't follow up on his offer to be interviewed.

I really hope LE did speak to him eventually because his knowledge of Bob certainly helps shed light on possible motives. That makes the threat he says was made by a daughter to stop talking about Bob, look very suspicious as well, imo.

Would it surprise you to learn that CAExile has indeed posted elsewhere since he quit posting here?

~jmo~

Not at all. Social media stretches into the most remote corners nowadays. If he's providing up to date information elsewhere, that's great.

It would certainly be a marked contrast to anything AH appears to have done, or be doing.

Not at all. Social media stretches into the most remote corners nowadays. If he's providing up to date information elsewhere, that's great.

It would certainly be a marked contrast to anything AH appears to have done, or be doing.

I didn't say his posts are up-to-date as in current, but those I've read were posted AFTER he left here and may well provide more info for case followers to digest.

They are not in any 'remote corner' either.

As for AH and any other family members, I don't fault them in the least for staying quiet after the lambasting they've received at several internet sites, as well a being banned from some for speaking their piece.

~jmo~

According to JuM's recent posts on her community site, JeM is doing volunteer work, their hearts are full, and life is good.

According to JuM's recent posts on her community site, JeM is doing volunteer work, their hearts are full, and life is good.

Yes, and her father grinds Georgia's ashes in a coffee grinder looking for gold...tomato, tomahto as they say.

So we have another Masons Lodge to approach and one that might be more invested in Mr Harrod's recovery-GREAT!!!!!

I will wait to coordinate with Oriah before I start calling lol. In the meantime, we have to fine tune the poster and I will take any help I can get. :blowkiss:

No mention of that pesky cancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member