CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree entirely.
I also think there's somewhat of a pattern of 'disguised' paranoia (as exhibited by disclosure of random 'stressors', often online) that creeps up when folks start discussing search efforts again after a period of apparent rest.

I have an idea. Let's start again.
if i stll lvd there i would help. His kids would b wise.to know the statute of limitations on murder in ca state.
They never expire. We will watch n wait just like le is. One day that knock at the door....will come.

Rejected? I wonder on what grounds? And, looking at the form, what had been requested? It looks as though applicants can request just about complete power over the estate, to distribute/spend as they wish. No guarantee it will be granted, of course.

Which it seems in this case, it was not. How very disappointing for Bob's girls.

BBM. Could it be due to the classification of Bob's missing persons case being investigated by/as a homicide?

Police have really released zero information in this case, which may be a little bit responsible for the zero progress, so far. I'm sure they have some, and hope they can give very careful thought to issuing a press release, with an update.

If nothing else, it would at least serve as a reminder to whoever disappeared Bob that they can't just do that to an 81-year-old in Orange County, and then forget all about it.

If anything, I think LE is holding what info they do have close to the vest since only the person(s) responsible for 'disappearing' Bob would know certain information.

Oh, I wish the probate court would demand to hear from Bob's son in law, last known person to see him alive, before it will distribute his estate. I suppose that's too much to hope for.

I've just heard about a case where someone found a dog and refused to return it, and police are considering grand theft charges. So anyone doing the same (and especially posting openly about it) ought to be careful.

O/T but I was also listening to a radio program today, with siblings telling their stories of how sisters or brothers had cheated and bullied living elderly parents out of their money, and even their homes. One brother described it as 'the perfect crime' - because police and social services found themselves unable to help. One son sold his disabled mom's home over her head, once his dad died.

Luckily, these folks have one child looking out for their welfare and interests, but how terrible it must be for aged folks whose offspring all conspire together to take their assets.

I really hope that the marriage license carries some weight and that everything isn't turned over to the kids automatically, like Bob had never married Fontelle. Suppose the kids challenge the validity of the marriage since the two had never actually resided together as a married couple? I am not sure that it matters if they did or not; just throwing it out there

IIRC, Fontelle & Bob were married and lived together before Fontelle returned to Missouri to collect her things.

Did they? I wasn't sure...it certainly seems like his children didn't like the idea of Bob marrying again-and after having him declared dead, I'd put nothing past his offspring

Actually now is an excellent time for a new search. There is a death cert and the case is a homicide investigation (bet it always has been inside of PPD) so finding Bob's body is even more of an incentive. LE can tell a lot about a crime and a person by analyzing how remains are disposed of-I have heard of forensic people who dedicate themselves to that kind of analysis. Aside from the material evidence of course.

Police have really released zero information in this case, which may be a little bit responsible for the zero progress, so far. I'm sure they have some, and hope they can give very careful thought to issuing a press release, with an update.

If nothing else, it would at least serve as a reminder to whoever disappeared Bob that they can't just do that to an 81-year-old in Orange County, and then forget all about it.

Actually, I think they have released a lot, but maybe not as much as we would like for sure. We know who has been ruled out, they confirmed the brawl over the money the day before Bob was killed, they provided crime scene photos which were shown on the Disappeared episode (I assume they were crime scene photos of the bathroom) and they provided quite a bit of proof that Bob did not have dementia, was not ill and clearly drove on the highway. Directly contradicting the statements made by two of his daughters...also shown during the Disappeared episode.

I personally would love to see alibi information and phone records for everyone during the time frame Bob was missing. For example, were there any calls made from the house after he disappeared before noon on that day? (Time frame per daughters assertions on 7/17/2014 while petitioning the court for the death cert.) What was the chain of events leading up to JuM's phone call to Mrs Harrod and GS's entry into the house?

It amuses me, in a way, that from day one GS made a sworn statement regarding the fighting over the money at the family meeting the day before but his aunts insisted for YEARS that it never happened. Until they admitted it did. And then RB was tossed under the bus...remember it was RB who got heated. It was also clear for YEARS that Bob disappeared/was killed by noon on that day, yet the point was denied for YEARS by his daughters. Until it came time to get a death cert so they could finally get their hands completely on his money.

Anyone think they were trying to line up their petition with their understanding of PPD's evidence? I do.

I think this is absolutely the time for a search and time for Bob to come home. And I would like to point out how happy I am that Oriah is in the house because we are going to get some good insight into logical locations.

I am going to ask for a new thread-maybe this is a good opportunity to start fresh on some discussion regarding locations now that we have a firmer timeline. ;)

Good morning everyone :)

Working on a new thread now, will close this one shortly...

Ima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members