CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
CA Exile-thank you!!! I would think that the family might have access to his phone records which the police have alluded to in multiple interviews in the press. They appear to be the key to something. By family I am including Fontelle.

CA Exile, what is your wish for us? Should we try and get more press out there? Should we continue to draw attention? If he was lured from the home, where would they have taken him? Your best guess...

CA Exile-thank you!!! I would think that the family might have access to his phone records which the police have alluded to in multiple interviews in the press. They appear to be the key to something. By family I am including Fontelle.

CA Exile, what is your wish for us? Should we try and get more press out there? Should we continue to draw attention? If he was lured from the home, where would they have taken him? Your best guess...

I have not a wish for you. I like what you are doing. I would like to see the press get more involved. I would like to see more pressure on law enforcement to assure us they are doing everything they can. So far, they have not impressed me. They do not need to tip their hand. They just need to give enough to show they actually care about the case. The best way is to keep talking about it. Even if it is just local media. If enough noise is made maybe other media sources will take interest. I have said it before, if he were some hot, blonde coed partying in some exotic paradise, we would still be seeing it on the news.

If it takes focusing on the love story aspect to get attention, then so be it. But, Bob has three daughters that are not mentioned much. That is just how the media is. A reunited love who disappears looks better in the paper. But, we need to remember there are three women who love and miss their father. The legal stuff and trusts aside. This is still about a father and husband who has disappeared without a trace.

There are all kinds of places to hide a body. You could dump him in the Pacific Ocean. They could bury him out in the desert. His body could have been chopped up and disposed of. There are endless possibilities in that area of the country.

Thank you all.

Bob's house was in the middle of the block. Usually, he walked up to one end, crossed the street, walked to the other end, crossed the street, and returned home. He could not walk very far. He could not have walked to the fruit stand/junk yard. Same goes for the CVS and the shopping center. He could not have walked to the golf course. You have to go out of the subdivision and up a hill to get to it. I do not think in Bob's current physical condition he could have walked up there and back home.

If Bob had wandered off as the Keystone Cops had mentioned, he would have been found by now. There are no woods or drainage ditches that are not fenced around for him to fall into.

Bob would not have called a cab or limo. It was the middle of the day. If he was going anywhere, he would drive himself.

As far as vigils, signs, and other stuff, it is no good after all this time. It may sound cold, but after him missing a year, no one is going to respond to that stuff. I am so happy to see this board alive with various theories and ideas. I hope I cleared up some so we can concentrate on others.

Thank you all for your interest in finding out what happened to Bob.

respectfully snipped. TY CA Exile for your thoughts and additional info. Respectfully, I think we need to look outside the box if we want to try and explore what may have happened to Bob. While it is unlikely he may have walked further than the neighborhood it is possible, even if remotely possible, if he was disoriented.....

Also, as far as fliers or getting info out there. It may be worthwhile because it will remind people Bob has not been recovered. It will keep him in their mind to keep their eye out for anything that looks unusual or even perhaps his remains. No stone left unturned!

I agree with you about the financial issues. Until Bob is recovered - there isn't much we can do with that.... until we find Bob, they rest of the pieces won't fall together.

Here is a link to the City of Placentia website where PPD is located. I emailed them and requested they put a flyer or banner on the website, preferably on the PD page, that highlights Bob Harrod's ongoing missing status.

http://placentia.org/index.aspx?NID=80

I will let you know if I hear back from them!

I have been reading the past few pages of posts. I thought it might be time to put in my $.02.

Bob's house was in the middle of the block. Usually, he walked up to one end, crossed the street, walked to the other end, crossed the street, and returned home. He could not walk very far. He could not have walked to the fruit stand/junk yard. Same goes for the CVS and the shopping center. He could not have walked to the golf course. You have to go out of the subdivision and up a hill to get to it. I do not think in Bob's current physical condition he could have walked up there and back home.

SNIPPED~~~~

CaExile.....

Did Mr. Harrod have a set time that he used to walk?

I know it was posted that it was very hot on July 27, 2009 but many elderly people do not feel the heat, which is why they are more likely to suffer a heat related illness.

I don't know if this has been asked, but are there any wells in the area? Are the homes on Septic tanks and is it possible for him to have fallen into something?

Ok, I don't know much about septic tanks.... I have lake MI water.

Now see, this is one of the reasons I don't believe the family is responsible. Having Bob go missing is not going to get them anything anytime soon. If they were so anxious to get his $$$, they would have wanted him found ASAP. And the lack of searching isn't going to find him. Doesn't it seem they would be pulling out all the stops to find his remains if they knew he was deceased? And they would know where to look.

What better reason to make sure the body is NOT found right away is the "forensic evidence" that could possibly be found. The longer he is exposed to the elements (SORRY!!) the better are the chances that any incriminating evidence would be destroyed. IMO.

I don't know if this has been asked, but are there any wells in the area? Are the homes on Septic tanks and is it possible for him to have fallen into something?

Ok, I don't know much about septic tanks.... I have lake MI water.

Not likely. It is a city sewer system. There is a drainage canal about 1/2 mile away. It is protected by a fence. There is a man made lake nearby. But, it is drained regularly and refilled.

SNIPPED~~~~

CaExile.....

Did Mr. Harrod have a set time that he used to walk?

I know it was posted that it was very hot on July 27, 2009 but many elderly people do not feel the heat, which is why they are more likely to suffer a heat related illness.

He did not really have a set schedule. He would walk in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Usually three or four times a day. He used to do it to walk the dog. After she died, i guess it was just a good habit he developed.

Just a thought.

IF Bob wanted to run away from his daughters why not bring Fontelle with him?
He was happy with Fontelle and didn't seem to want to get away from his daughters or he and Fontelle could have up and left together. Fontelle and her entire family were on the other side of the country. Hair dresser and her DH have been officially cleared by LE. Where does that leave us? Right back to SIL and the daughters.

JMO

Even if Bob didn't have a set schedule it still sounds like he was a creature of habit. Most people are creatures of habit and don't change their routine too often even if they are not on set schedules.

IMO we need to start exploring the routine habits of those who were closest to Bob. Where might they have had regular access to and a place to hide a body? Especially close to Bobs home if someone was in a hurry to dump his remains. I'd also be cautious and watch THEM because if they are monitoring Bobs thread and are concerned someone might FIND his remains they will likely go to check on them and make sure they have not moved or attempt to re-hide them.

MOO

He did not really have a set schedule. He would walk in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Usually three or four times a day. He used to do it to walk the dog. After she died, i guess it was just a good habit he developed.

The last time Mr. Harrod was seen by a neighbor or neighbors was on Saturday, July 25. I wonder if he was out for a walk.

Just a thought.

IF Bob wanted to run away from his daughters why not bring Fontelle with him?
He was happy with Fontelle and didn't seem to want to get away from his daughters or he and Fontelle could have up and left together. Fontelle and her entire family were on the other side of the country. Hair dresser and her DH have been officially cleared by LE. Where does that leave us? Right back to SIL and the daughters.

JMO

Right. As CaExile said, Mr. Harrod was madly in love with her. He would not have willingly left. Something happened to him at some point that day. If you go by the timeline it happened in a very small window of time.

CA Exile, has there been any discussion with Bob's other friends regarding hiring your own PI as a group or suggesting your own search areas? Thank you for tolerating the question.

There is a certain pressure put upon LE when a PI enters the picture, especially if you can find one who is ex-LE, perhaps even from the same county. They have their own contacts etc....

Regarding the theory that some "accident" happened at home.... I wish LE would luminol the house. Also... Not pointing any fingers here.. just wondering... what kind of vehicle did/does SIL drive? Truck? SUV? (suitable to haul things, vs. a compact car?) What about the hairdresser? I would imagine her hubby has access to truck(s) in his line of work.

Again.. no finger pointing.. just wondering, IMO, etc.

Regarding the theory that some "accident" happened at home.... I wish LE would luminol the house. Also... Not pointing any fingers here.. just wondering... what kind of vehicle did/does SIL drive? Truck? SUV? (suitable to haul things, vs. a compact car?) What about the hairdresser? I would imagine her hubby has access to truck(s) in his line of work.

It has been posted that the hairdressers husband has a construction company/backhoe operator to be exact. He would definitely have to have a truck for that kind of work. And excavation would be something he would do on a daily basis! So, that's why it is so hard for me to believe the PPD have ruled them out as suspects due to them having motive and means!!

Regarding the SIL...Bob cared deeply for him. He could call him anytime of day (I have read) and the SIL would drive the hour and 20 minutes to do odd jobs for Bob. If the SIL was going to do somthing to Bob OR the daughters, why wait till the day before Fontelle was supposed to arrive? That would be like painting a sign on their foreheads that said Guilty ! Nope! It has to be someone other than the daughters or Fontelle! IMHO

The SIL's vehicles per CaExile were a Mercedes SUV and a Honda pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemo1961