CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the SIL...Bob cared deeply for him. He could call him anytime of day (I have read) and the SIL would drive the hour and 20 minutes to do odd jobs for Bob. If the SIL was going to do somthing to Bob OR the daughters, why wait till the day before Fontelle was supposed to arrive? That would be like painting a sign on their foreheads that said Guilty ! Nope! It has to be someone other than the daughters or Fontelle! IMHO

What if the SIL did it but the daughters have no idea of him doing it?

Perhaps there was some reason SIL made a decision to get rid of Bob without his wife or sister in laws knowing. Maybe he was tired of seeing how this whole thing was upsetting his wife or kids... or maybe he had some secrets none of Bobs daughters know of......

IMO it is possible.

The SIL's vehicles per CaExile were a Mercedes SUV and a Honda pickup.

tinted windows by any chance?
Higher off the ground. Easier for someone elderly to get into.

I know when my grandma was in her late 70's and early 80's she had a hard time getting into my moms Civic because it was so low to the ground and the seats were so low to the ground. It was actually easier for her to get into an SUV, or mini van even if she needed a little help stepping up.

jmo

Regarding the theory that some "accident" happened at home.... I wish LE would luminol the house. Also... Not pointing any fingers here.. just wondering... what kind of vehicle did/does SIL drive? Truck? SUV? (suitable to haul things, vs. a compact car?) What about the hairdresser? I would imagine her hubby has access to truck(s) in his line of work.

Again.. no finger pointing.. just wondering, IMO, etc.

BBM
What in tarnation have the PPD done?? I don't want to put them down, by no means. I lived in Placentia my whole life and they were very good to me and my family. They had an old "cop" named Barney that should have written me up for DUI's from age 13 to 18 but that's a different story..BUT, what have they done to look for Bob??? No luminol! Doesn't seem like much of an investigation..I have called with several tips, left messages. No one has returned my calls. So, they ruled out the hairdresser..Haul in her kid!! On ALL the cases here on W/S the police have given bits and pieces of info to ask the public if they remember seeing something that might help in their investigation. I haven't heard anything!!! No news updates! Adam Townsend from the OC Register told me he was going to contact Jessica Terrell and have her do a follow up story but nothing ever came of it. I am going to contact her again. And another thing..The media did the lost love story VERY WELL. We all felt sorry for Fontelle but remember..There are three sisters that lost there father and we have to remember a person is innocent until proven guilty.

What would the hair dressers kid have to do with Bob?

Why not haul in Bobs grandkids?

I dunno.... whatever it is, I believe it is someone outside of Fontelle and her family and I do not believe it was one of Bobs 3 daughters..... but someone close to them and Bob.....

jmo

What would the hair dressers kid have to do with Bob?

Why not haul in Bobs grandkids?

I dunno.... whatever it is, I believe it is someone outside of Fontelle and her family and I do not believe it was one of Bobs 3 daughters..... but someone close to them and Bob.....

jmo

Bobs neighbor said he had seen the hairdressers son at Bobs house before..SO, he knew where he lived. Bob had the hairdressers son's cell phone..per neighbor. If hairdressers son knew his mother was getting cut off financially, she could have been really upset, sent him over to get Bob to talk to him before Fontelle arrived and no one would have ever known. Hairdresser could have known exactly the opportune time to have Bob picked up (within that 20 minute time period)!

and why would this mother (hairdresser) share with her son that Bob was helping her financially? Is there any evidence this son knew of his mom getting financial help from Bob prior to his disappearance?

Kids like the newest gadgets. Maybe she gave Bob her sons old cell phone when her son got a new one.

We don't necessarily know the window is only 20 minutes.

We know that LE said they have receipts for the time SIL said he left for the hardware store until he returned.

We don't know what happened with Bob and SIL between that last call at 10am when someone other than SIL spoke with Bob. So that leaves a 4 hour and 40 minute window in which SIL could have had a lot of time to get rid of Bob clean up the house before the cleaning lady arrived at 3pm

What proof do we have Bob was still alive when SIL left at 2:40pm for the hardware store?

JMO

Here is one of the biggest things that does not sit right with me.

WHY would SIL leave Bobs home 3 or so hours later without calling his wife to say, "honey your dad isn't home yet and I haven't seen him for several hours....."

A simple phone call to his wife PRIOR to leaving Bobs home could have led to having checked the neighbors Bob may have visited and a drive through the neighborhood Bob usually walked. When it was discovered Bob was NOT at a neighbors or taking a walk in the neighborhood calls could have been made to report Bob missing FROM BOBS HOME and LE could have been at Bobs home that night.

Instead, SIL leaves and no one is concerned until AFTER he gets home and his wife and sister in laws start making calls. By then LE has the idea Bob is cooling off and they hope he comes home Wednesday, losing precious time.

My hinky meter is flying that SIL did not contact his wife that Bob had not returned prior to leaving Bobs home that day...... Especially knowing he was an 80 year old man with bad knees, bad eye sight had NOT taken his car and not taken his house key. Nah, I'll just let everyone know when I get home? Especially when it has come from the daughters they were concerned Bob was showing signs of mild dementia....

jmo

Just found something from the link Cloudajo posted in thread 1 post 306

A painting of Sassy, Bob's golden-haired Pomeranian, hangs on the wall. His fishing hats sit on the bookshelf. His cane leans against the door frame.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03

This is the first I've seen anything about a cane. Was a cane something Bob used frequently? or something that most often sat against the door frame? Did Bob have any other canes or a walker perhaps? Or was he just too stubborn to use one.

tia

still working my way through thread one but I am begining to think a lot more was than the papers Bob was supposed turn over was discussed at that Sunday family meeting.

jmo

Copying over Cloudajo's post 338 from thread 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
"Daughter JM gave interview to reporter. Said her husband was with her dad at his home the day before, he went to the hardware store alone, and when he came back, her dad was gone. Asked what time, she replied, “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

"We're thinking"........She is married to the man that went to the hardware store. Her father is missing.

I have watched Julie in this video dozens of times. Disturbing. They did not even have the time-line straight.
Here is the video. This was the day after Bob went missing, filmed in Bob’s house.

Pay close attention to daughter JM’s facial expressions and response when the reporter asks her about the time.

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/...9354&src=front

We don't necessarily know the window is only 20 minutes.

We know that LE said they have receipts for the time SIL said he left for the hardware store until he returned.

We don't know what happened with Bob and SIL between that last call at 10am when someone other than SIL spoke with Bob. So that leaves a 4 hour and 40 minute window in which SIL could have had a lot of time to get rid of Bob clean up the house before the cleaning lady arrived at 3pm

What proof do we have Bob was still alive when SIL left at 2:40pm for the hardware store?

JMO

Exactly! The timeline only leaves a window of 20 -30 minutes.

Other than the SIL the only person that can verify Mr. Harrod being alive is the 10:00 am phone call.

Here is one of the biggest things that does not sit right with me.

WHY would SIL leave Bobs home 3 or so hours later without calling his wife to say, "honey your dad isn't home yet and I haven't seen him for several hours....."

A simple phone call to his wife PRIOR to leaving Bobs home could have led to having checked the neighbors Bob may have visited and a drive through the neighborhood Bob usually walked. When it was discovered Bob was NOT at a neighbors or taking a walk in the neighborhood calls could have been made to report Bob missing FROM BOBS HOME and LE could have been at Bobs home that night.

Instead, SIL leaves and no one is concerned until AFTER he gets home and his wife and sister in laws start making calls. By then LE has the idea Bob is cooling off and they hope he comes home Wednesday, losing precious time.

My hinky meter is flying that SIL did not contact his wife that Bob had not returned prior to leaving Bobs home that day...... Especially knowing he was an 80 year old man with bad knees, bad eye sight had NOT taken his car and not taken his house key. Nah, I'll just let everyone know when I get home? Especially when it has come from the daughters they were concerned Bob was showing signs of mild dementia....

jmo

I feel the same way.

Mr. Harrod told the housekeeper to come, and according to the SIL Mr. Harrod was expecting the SIL to return from Home Depot.

If after three hours Mr. Harrod had still not returned why didn't the SIL check with the neighbors?

CA Exile, has there been any discussion with Bob's other friends regarding hiring your own PI as a group or suggesting your own search areas? Thank you for tolerating the question.

There is a certain pressure put upon LE when a PI enters the picture, especially if you can find one who is ex-LE, perhaps even from the same county. They have their own contacts etc....

I don't know any of Bob's other friends. They all lived in Monrovia.

Just found something from the link Cloudajo posted in thread 1 post 306

A painting of Sassy, Bob's golden-haired Pomeranian, hangs on the wall. His fishing hats sit on the bookshelf. His cane leans against the door frame.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03

This is the first I've seen anything about a cane. Was a cane something Bob used frequently? or something that most often sat against the door frame? Did Bob have any other canes or a walker perhaps? Or was he just too stubborn to use one.

tia

He had a cane, but I never saw him use it. Georgia had a walker. The cane may have been her as well.

Does Bob, or any family member have a boat? Might he have taken off for a spin, or someone else take him on one unexpectedly?

I do not think any of them have a boat. The funeral was a charter.

CA Exile (or anyone else)... does Bob's house have a back door that leads to a drivewary? Can someone drive around back to load/unload and not be seen from the street?

Are the grandson and hairdresser's son "big" guys or scrawny little 110 lb guys?
sorry if these have been discussed before. Can't remember.
tia

Visiting a Neighbor for ~3 Hours?

Per Paul: Bob's house was in the middle of the block. Usually, he walked up to one end, crossed the street, walked to the other end, crossed the street, and returned home. He could not walk very far.

SIL told the housekeeper his father-in-law might have gone to visit a neighbor, police say.

SIL and daughter J used to live in the house next to Bob. Daughter J posted that the neighbors who bought their home are wonderful people, and welcomed Bob as family.

Other than the next-door neighbors and Paul (who lived across the street but had moved by July 27, were there any other neighbors that Bob was that friendly with, where he would have been at their house for ~3 hours? Did Bob have a habit of visiting with neighbors, or would a 3 hour visit be out of character?

Paul, can you advise?

CA Exile (or anyone else)... does Bob's house have a back door that leads to a drivewary? Can someone drive around back to load/unload and not be seen from the street?

Are the grandson and hairdresser's son "big" guys or scrawny little 110 lb guys?
sorry if these have been discussed before. Can't remember.
tia

This video (filmed the day after Bob went missing) shows Bob's house. Bob's car (Camry) and a minivan are in the driveway in front of the garage door (starts about -01:40 in video).

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=ac85bbd7-919c-45df-8bff-de9407f59354&src=front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daz1975