CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to WS Raine.

The hairdresser has been cleared by the PPD. I believe she was cleared within a few months of Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

Did you read the daughter's postings on the IS site before they were deleted? They were/are very disturbing. IMO, there is no excuse for posting what they did on the world-wide web. IMO, it was done so that the public would not care about this missing 81-year-old gentleman.

Here on WS we disuss cases. We discuss the evidence. The daughter's postings are evidence. We speculate on what we think may have happened. We also try to bring awareness to the cases we discuss.

While we may not personally know about the Harrod's family life, we can glean a lot of information about the daughters from their postings.

Thank you for the welcome Angelo.

I just read where the hairdresser was cleared by the PPD several months ago, something I had forgotten. Has her family been cleared as well (just wondering)?

Unfortunately I did not read the daughter's posting on the IS site before they were deleted, I wish I had but at that time I was not even aware that these types of boards existed. I have only read what others state were the comments and from what I read, it really did sound so much like my Dad that I didn't find it horrible... JMO. But the reason that I followed this case after it all but disappeared from the media was probably that it did so much remind me of my Dad/family and I so much wanted RH to be found, alive.

I understand that cases and evidence are discussed here, please remember that I have not read the daughter's postings on IS first hand (wish I had) and I joined WS originally because of this case, just to follow it and didn't intend on posting at all but it got the best of me.

You've all got more information about the Harrod family life than I do but I will say this, things sometimes are different than what they appear, at least in my family they were.

Welcome to WS Raine!! If you have read the threads, you know that LE has stated that the hairdresser and her husband have no involvement. Period. I for one am thrilled to have the field narrowed and we will be sure not to bring them up because then we might actually be touching on some slander which other posters have expressed some fear of... So they are out of the mix.

I was interested to read of your relationship with your father-it is nice to have perspective. I am unclear of what the relationships were behind closed doors of course in this case because both Bob and his children have their opinions, and Bob cannot represent his unfortunately. All we have is what we can glean directly from the people who knew him, and on this thread we have one verified local player who is CA Exile. He has been open regarding his friendship and what he knew regarding dynamics. I think he has tried to be neutral. The other sources of information come from the daughters themselves and what they have said and implied is both shocking and incredibly sad. I do not know that their postion is undisputed however.

Regarding the disposition of assets-we dont actually know what has or has not been turned over to the daughters and why. Mrs Harrod may have been asked by LE and or legal counsel to keep the contents of the house intact until the investigation is finished. It is a legitimate position and one she should not be taken to task for. IMO.

It is always nice to have fresh eyes and we welcome your participation in the thread!

Thank you for the welcome Believe09.

I got you on the hairdresser and her husband and won't bring it up on
this board again, thank you for letting me know.

I did read CA Exile's posts and I very much appreciated him posting since he had some first hand knowledge, was Bob's friend and I agree he seemed neutral. I haven't seen any postings from him in a while, did I miss
something?

In no way was I taking Fontelle to task but I do know how it feels for whatever reason not being able to have some of your Mom's things and it does stir up some not so good feelings - I didn't mean to imply that Fontelle was up to anything bad, in fact I cannot imagine an 80 yr old (I think) woman being involved in something like this (RH's disappearance) at all.

I just read where the hairdresser was cleared by the PPD several months ago, something I had forgotten. Has her family been cleared as well (just wondering)?

Respectfully snipped. I'm not Angelo, but the above links pp indicate *both* the hairdresser and her husband have been cleared. Their son is a minor and WS has a strict no sleuthing minors policy.

hth and glad you decided to post!

Cubby

Has anyone figured out when the grandson changed his last name? Over the years of seeing others who have done this, it's mainly because they do not want their current name do to the dislike of their parents who have that name. I have to wonder if there was a split of somesort between him and his father, his mom and their family. Does he not agree with the assessment of his grandfathers personality? Is he disgusted by what's being said/posted by his family and how his grandfather's disappearance has been handled?

Obviously there are many reasons for changing ones last name. The above are just some questions I have.

Hi everyone,

I had forgotten about the subforum we have available to us in the missing/located discussion forum specifically for timelines and media links only.

I opened a thread for Bobs case where we can work and fine tune the timeline for reference and to keep it from continually being buried in the discussion.

For those of you who have worked the timeline and would like to utilize this thread, please post the timeline and supporting links here:

CA Bob Harrod, July 27 2009 - Orange County - Time Line and Media Links only - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

thanx!

eta: This subforum is also for media links, so you may add both timeline and media info/links for quicker reference in the above thread.

Timeline is up.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5593061&posted=1#post5593061

I have yet to find anything indicating when he changed his last name and if he assumed the last name or changed it legally.

hth

Welcome to WS Raine1953. I'm bumping an older post where we confirmed the barber/hairdresser and her husband have been officially ruled out for quite some time. This has been known since October of 2009 and confirmed in Feb 2010. Honestly, with as many discrepancies as Bobs daughters have put out with regards to the timeline along with other discrepancies their account of what happened or is currently happening is questionable with regards to accuracy. I'm not ready to say or even believe anyone is holding a persons belongings 'hostage' so to speak. There was well over a year between the time Georgia passed away and Bobs disappearance when they could have received all their mom wished for them to have. We just don't know either way. IMO the bickering the 'gimme gimme - get get it's mine, it's mine' is embarasing to watch. I'm honestly embarrased these three grown woman would allow their community and the WWW to see that side of them. It certainly leads to wondering how much did they want and to what extent would they go to get it? .........

jmo

Cubby

Hi and thank you for the welcome too Cubby:

I read the links you provided and was reminded that the hairdresser and husband had been cleared by the PPD and I won't mention it again.

The daughters - you'll read prior to this post that I did not read their posts on IS before they were deleted, so I have no first hand knowledge.

I don't have first hand knowledge of any bickering between anyone over possessions, don't know about the year period between their Mom's passing and their Dad marrying Fontelle, I just know that there sometimes are selfish reasons why the remaining spouse does not want their children to have possessions of their deceased parent, just saying...MOO.

I can only relate to my own experiences and I cannot imagine wanting anything bad enough that would lead to losing my remaining parent. Just saying...

Has anyone figured out when the grandson changed his last name? Over the years of seeing others who have done this, it's mainly because they do not want their current name do to the dislike of their parents who have that name. I have to wonder if there was a split of somesort between him and his father, his mom and their family. Does he not agree with the assessment of his grandfathers personality? Is he disgusted by what's being said/posted by his family and how his grandfather's disappearance has been handled?

Obviously there are many reasons for changing ones last name. The above are just some questions I have.

Words bolded by me
Has anyone ever thought to use the word "LOVE"! The grandson was the only one who could carry on his grandfathers name. Maybe he LOVED his grandfather SO much that he would be willing to change his name out of respect. How often is that done?? That's the word I would like to use when wondering why the grandson changed his name!!

Words bolded by me
Has anyone ever thought to use the word "LOVE"! The grandson was the only one who could carry on his grandfathers name. Maybe he LOVED his grandfather SO much that he would be willing to change his name out of respect. How often is that done?? That's the word I would like to use when wondering why the grandson changed his name!!

BBM. That could definitely be a valid reason. And a very nice one! In the careers I've had, running across name changes and aliases were the norm. Other than marriages and child adoptions, I've personally never seen it done to honor someone or show respect. Unless you count the son's and daughter's who hate their fathers, and change their last name to their mothers maiden name out of love and respect for their mothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500