CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
With as many wireless devices that are out there, she could have posted from anywhere, including her own phone from Bobs home.......

jmo

True.

Daughter J posted on ROTW at 1:50 pm on Tuesday, July 28th. We know from the news footage she was at her father's house that day. I don't know if she drove an hour and 20 minutes home that day. Not likely, because she was at her father's house the following day when Fontelle arrived.

PPD could ask ROTW for ip addresses for J's posts.

Daughter J was very specific in her post on ROTW as to the time her father went missing.

"My father has been missing approx. 28 hours ago."

This is the same day she tells the reporter her father disappeared around noon or 1 pm (we're thinking).

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53721?page=0

I often think that this whole case could be solved if PPD got information on cellphone tower pings (if they exist, just assuming, say, that the SiL had a cellphone, or maybe even a vehicle with something like OnStar?) for a few of the key people in the case.

So where was Bob taken??

I am waffling on the Angeles Forest idea because hitting a hiking trail with an 81 year old, especially one who could walk less than 2 blocks, seems unreasonable.

So, you have this item in your average sized pick up truck and where do you go to dispose of it? Some place where you think there is little to no risk of a search connecting the item to you. I doubt you run the risk of bringing it home-you would be taking a big chance because what if PD is quick enough to want to take a look at your home?

Hmmm

So no one shows up at Bob's house during the welfare check other than the neighbor with the key....right? Still stuns me-how did they know he wasnt lying on the floor in the house having had a heart attack or stroke?

This is what I think....I think you wait to call PD and say he is missing when there is little to no chance that he is going to surface in some fashion quickly. And none of the children said he was missing to PD, correct? They called Fontelle and she filed the report, her initial call was just before midnight or just after 12PM PT, right? PD did the welfare check and then she filed the missing persons report after they had been to the home....

Neither grandson or his wife or the neighbors who had the key were called to see if they had seen Bob, correct?

Gosh this does read like the Anthony case if you use the lens Cubby referenced, because Casey never called Caylee in either as missing...but I digress.

So where was Bob taken??

All JMO. The window of time is so large that the mind boggles at the possibilities. The person we would expect to be driving the truck knows a fair amount of the area, and between Bob's home and his there are innumerable areas of rugged, relatively uninhabited and un-/underused terrain, waterways, hidden-away dumpsters. That's sort of why I hope LE has or can get a hold of cellphone tower ping information. I'd be curious about what happened before Home Depot.

Fontelle was only there for two weeks before Bob went missing so she may not have seen the garage in such a short time. With CAExile being Bobs neighbor for 7 years it is likely he would recall seeing such an item, if it was from Bob and Georgia's dining room set.

kid calling bbl

CAExile hasn't logged in a long time. Who was it who sent him the email about WS which he wrote about in his blog. If that person is reading and a member can you please send him an email asking him to check the thread about the curio cabinet? And the media campaign if he hasn't checked in. Maybe he is reading and not logging in which is possible.....

tia

I just emailed CA Exile and asked him to come "over" here and help us out.

If we go back through the various threads on Bobs case here at WS, including the forensic astrology forum - which has the time the missing persons report was called in, Fontelle called it in close to 12:30am 7-28-09 California time.

LE had to do a well being check prior to taking the missing persons report at which time they entered the house after having obtained a key from a neighbor of Bobs.

Fontelle made the call to LE for the well being check and then called the neighbor to meet the police at the house to let them in.

Fontelle made the calls for both the well being check AND the missing persons report appx 12:30 am 07/28.

Per my verified source which I mentioned in thread two. Verified according to WS standard verification procedures.

ETA: Since we don't have phone records, I will assume the daughters were calling from home, but we don't know where SIL was from the time the cleaning lady left until ???? I don't know when LE verified he was at home....

believe, you brought up Angeles National Forest. What can we find about outdoorsman style hiking and other activities for this national forest? I would like to compile a list of hiking clubs, fishing clubs or other activities and groups that we can ensure we pass along Bobs missing persons info - so their members can be on the look out for anything unusual... even a piece of clothing, remains..... the more that are aware, the more may just give it that little bit of extra thought that something looks out of place when without the knowledge of Bobs missing status something unusual might be missed.

Idea's anyone?

tia

Here are some possibilities.

OC Hiking Club
Largest hiking club in the Great OC
Hike Everywhere/OC Hiking Club is a nonprofit organization dedicated to getting men, women and children out into nature through social hiking, backpacking and peakbagging activities.
Contacts
http://www.oc-hiking.com/contact.htm

San Bernardino Hiking Club
http://www.mountaintophiking.com/
Contacts
http://www.mountaintophiking.com/contactpage.html

Safari Club International is the leader in protecting the freedom to hunt and in promoting wildlife conservation worldwide.
The Orange County Chapter of S.C.I., established in 1982, is committed to the above mission and has members from every level of hunting-beginner through global expert. It is the place in Orange County to participate with other like minded hunters in sharing experiences, fellowship and hunting and travel knowledge. We are also very active in political action to further the cause of hunters and sustainable wildlife conservation.
http://www.scioc.org/
Contacts
http://www.scioc.org/contact.html

CA Dept of Fish and Game
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/
Contacts
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/contact/
Director’s Contact Info
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/about/director.html

U.S. Department of the Interior
Bureau of Land Management
Barstow, CA Field Office
(North of Lucerne Valley)
http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow/topten.html
Contacts
http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow/directory.html

Fly Fishers Club of OC
http://www.ffcoc.org/content.aspx?page_id=0&club_id=510287
Contacts
http://www.ffcoc.org/content.aspx?page_id=4&club_id=510287

California Bass Federation
http://www.californiabass.org/presidentwelcome.html
Contacts
http://www.californiabass.org/contact.html

True.

Daughter J posted on ROTW at 1:50 pm on Tuesday, July 28th. We know from the news footage she was at her father's house that day. I don't know if she drove an hour and 20 minutes home that day. Not likely, because she was at her father's house the following day when Fontelle arrived.

Daughter J was very specific in her post on ROTW as to the time her father went missing.

"My father has been missing approx. 28 hours ago."

This is the same day she tells the reporter her father disappeared around noon or 1 pm (we're thinking).

http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/53721?page=0

I think she was at the house from the time the police arrived for the well being check until Fontelle arrived. That left a whole heck of a lot of time to clean up any forensic evidence. A lot of time to 'rearrange". It doesn't take that long to change bed linens........

I'm sure Fontelle, the cleaning lady and likely friends and neighbors who had visited Bob or been in the home recently were interviewed by LE regarding any noticable "rearranging".

Interesting, 28 hours prior to 1:50pm Tuesday the 28th coincides with that 10:00 am phone call.

jmo

When Bobs daughters were posting on IS did anyone ever ask if they took a polygraph?

Before the first thread at IS was closed, they were pretty adament about their innocence, no? I didn't have the opportunity to read it so asking.....

Makes me wonder, IF they had taken a poly and passed with flying colors wouldn't they have mentioned so everywhere and anywhere they could?

hmmmmm....

jmo

What do we know about outgoing calls showing up as private other than when the caller dials *67 to block their number prior to making an outgoing call? Is that *67 still good everywhere?

I think some land line providers have an option to block the callers number on all outgoing calls but I don't know much about it.

anyone?

I believe to activate caller ID blocking, you can either do it on individual calls by entering *67 before the number, or you can do it for all calls through your calling plan. At least that’s how it works for Verizon (ref at link). It doesn’t seem that LE had looked at the phone records yet when PB made her post about coming up as private on Aug 13. Maybe at that point they were going by what showed on Bob’s caller ID? As we know, her account doesn’t jive with the 10:00AM comment from the reporter that he said came from officials.

http://wirelesssupport.verizon.com/features/calling_features/caller_id.html?t=3

Do private incoming calls show up on Verizon phone bills or records?
If you don't answer the call, a private number will not show on the bill, if you do answer, the bill will display "private" on it.
http://www.chacha.com/question/do-private-incoming-calls-show-up-on-verizon-phone-bills-or-records

On August 11, 2009, daughter PB posted “I called my dad that morning by telephone, he had obviously been getting quite a few phone calls that morning. Then I realized that my BIL was there and I DID hear him say he was going to the "hardware store". My dad responded to him in a favorable way. I told my dad that I would let him go and talk to him later. That was the last time that I spoke to him. Times vary as I could not tell you the exact time that I called Dad, I gave an approximate of sometime between 11 and 12 and found later it was probably after 11:30 a.m

On August 13, 2009, daughter PB posted “LE has looked at D's phone records - know because they did not know which phone call was mine, because I came up as private.”

On August 26, 2009, Detective Corinne Loomis mentions having a search warrant to check phone records: "We're just now winding down the full-court press part of this investigation," said department spokeswoman Detective Corinne Loomis Tuesday. "We're going back and doing some follow-up stuff and documentation. We have a search warrant for phone records to see who he might have talked to that we don't know about."

On September 16, 2009, Detective Corinne Loomis references result of checking phone records: Loomis said they are close to exhausting all their leads in the case, but continue to do follow-up work. "There is no movement on any bank account or credit cards," Loomis said, adding that Harrod did not have a cell phone and calls made to and from his home before he vanished don't point to anything suspicious.

On October 8, 2009, comment posted by Atownsend (Reporter) under the article: Officials have said that at 10 a.m. July 27 there was a phone call to Bob Harrod, which is the last time anyone other than Jeff Michaels verified he was at the house. Police are not releasing the content of those phone records.

http://www2.ocregister.com/articles/harrod-bob-police-2598739-fontelle-michaels?orderby=TimeStampAscending&showRecommendedOnly=1&oncommentsPage=2#slComments

When Bobs daughters were posting on IS did anyone ever ask if they took a polygraph?

Before the first thread at IS was closed, they were pretty adament about their innocence, no? I didn't have the opportunity to read it so asking.....

Makes me wonder, IF they had taken a poly and passed with flying colors wouldn't they have mentioned so everywhere and anywhere they could?

hmmmmm....

jmo

On Aug 22, 2009, RB posted, "Did someone say polygraph again? Me first, me first, I wanna do it!"

The thread was closed near the end of Nov, 2009. I believe if people were asked to take polygraphs, it was near the end of the year. I don't believe anyone asked them about it when they started posting again in June of this year on IS.

FH said to reporter included in Feb 2010 article that late last year police were giving polygraph tests to family members and those close to Bob Harrod. Detective Loomis confirmed that police were using a lie-detector test, but would not disclose publicly the results or to whom the tests were being administered.

CA Exile posted this on July 24, 2010:
I just talked to Fontelle on the phone. She is holding up considering the circumstances. She is still living in Bob's house as is her right. She and Bob's daughters are still at war. They want her out and she wants her rights as a widow. Also, there is a lot of suspicion about the case. No proof, but the daughters have apparently been uncooperative. There could be several reasons for this. They may just be tired and want to get on with their lives. Or, something worse. Some took lie detector tests, some did not. They are trying to settle his estate and trusts. Hopefully, all of this can go to court and decisions can be made. Until then, no one will be at peace.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/harrod-60921-ocprint-bob-police.html
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009

If we go back through the various threads on Bobs case here at WS, including the forensic astrology forum - which has the time the missing persons report was called in, Fontelle called it in close to 12:30am 7-28-09 California time.

LE had to do a well being check prior to taking the missing persons report at which time they entered the house after having obtained a key from a neighbor of Bobs.

Fontelle made the call to LE for the well being check and then called the neighbor to meet the police at the house to let them in.

Fontelle made the calls for both the well being check AND the missing persons report appx 12:30 am 07/28.

Per my verified source which I mentioned in thread two. Verified according to WS standard verification procedures.
ETA: Since we don't have phone records, I will assume the daughters were calling from home, but we don't know where SIL was from the time the cleaning lady left until ???? I don't know when LE verified he was at home....

BBM
Could you please point out the TOS rule that states qualifications for a verified source? All verified sources on other threads have given posters the opportunity of asking questions and here it seems we have to take the poster for their word without links or documentation.

I would love to know how many here would take a polygraph under the same circumstances. Keeping in mind, of course, the results are not admissible in a court of law.

I would love to know how many here would take a polygraph under the same circumstances.

(BBM)

I guess it would really hinge on which circumstances you mean. As an innocent party, I think I would want to help LE direct their attentions most efficiently to fruitful lines of inquiry. One way to do so would be to open myself up as frankly and quickly to help them rule out one line of inquiry which they are obliged to pursue, but which cannot help them find the responsible party.

If I were not innocent, I could imagine myself doing whatever I could do discredit polygraphs both before and after the fact, and I could well want to avoid one, and could easily find reasons to give LE as to why I would not take one.

I'm not saying that polygraphs are perfect instruments, but the police do know that they have limitations, and for these reasons they cannot be used as evidence in a court of law, but police still count on them to help them direct investigations because they help to distinguish where greater and lesser suspicion is due.

I would love to know how many here would take a polygraph under the same circumstances. Keeping in mind, of course, the results are not admissible in a court of law.

If I were to take a poly tomorrow..based on what I have come to believe since the beginning of this case, I would take it in a heartbeat and allow them to use whatever results they got in court. I would like to think the posters that have been with W/S for a long time and have posted on many other threads would feel the same way no matter who they believe is guilty. But there are trolls that post on just one thread and one thread alone that take everyone off track. I'd like to get back to contacting the Media agencies for a story on Bob. I have been doing my own leg work..And feel hopeful without accusing.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but was it ever explained why the SiL left Bob's place at all, when returning from Home Depot and finding him unexpectedly missing? Wouldn't Bob have said something to either his SiL or whatever daughters he spoke with on the phone if he had some sort of planned excursion? And if he left, with his father already missing under mysterious circumstances, would they not want a family member around his place, to ensure he could at least get in?

Maybe this is a dumb question, but was it ever explained why the SiL left Bob's place at all, when returning from Home Depot and finding him unexpectedly missing? Wouldn't Bob have said something to either his SiL or whatever daughters he spoke with on the phone if he had some sort of planned excursion? And if he left, with his father already missing under mysterious circumstances, would they not want a family member around his place, to ensure he could at least get in?

Bob had his keys and wallet..Why would the SIL not think he couldn't get into the house. Bob also would leave with his friends on many occasions. Maybe the SIL thought he was just off having lunch with friends again! After all he was a grown man and sounded like he was set in his ways. I would get mad if someone questioned me everytime I was going out the door..right?

After all he was a grown man and sounded like he was set in his ways. I would get mad if someone questioned me everytime I was going out the door..right?

Oh, I wasn't saying that anyone should be questioning him. But if he had gone out on his own, how had he expected the housecleaner to get in? Don't you think he would mention something to his SiL about that, if not wait around for her himself? Or, just in conversation to his daughter or SiL, so they wouldn't be concerned? Let's not forget, his daughter drove over an hour just to change his linens the next day. It seems that their priorities for concern are very inconsistent, at best.

Oh, I wasn't saying that anyone should be questioning him. But if he had gone out on his own, how had he expected the housecleaner to get in? Don't you think he would mention something to his SiL about that, if not wait around for her himself? Or, just in conversation to his daughter or SiL, so they wouldn't be concerned? Let's not forget, his daughter drove over an hour just to change his linens the next day. It seems that their priorities for concern are very inconsistent, at best.

The way I see it is..The SIL was there to let the cleaning lady in when he got back from errands..The cleaning lady was there..Bob was missing with whomever was the one that took him..I just see that timelines as being so small..The only one that had the biggest timeline is the one that drove off with Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix