CA - Body of local doctor found in chimney flue

I have always felt that the trip/vaca they had planned to take together was 86'd at the last minute and it was decided abruptly that he would go alone for some reason. Didn't her co-worker have to obtain some last minute travel documents for her that day or the day before her death? I'll have to go back and re-read the thread. Something sure was emotionally overwhelming for her.

Hallowedbe's been around WS for a while. I do not know where she got her information about the drinking, but if tox tests say no alcohol in the doctor, I think we have to go with that.

I've found at least one article that said what Hallowedbe reiterated, Club Med that night and that she was a regular there. I seem to have lost my ability to copy and paste links or I would include. Can't figure out how she could be there drinking yet NO alcohol in her system. Very weird! I guess that's the way it is unless there was some mixup in the testing. Certainly people can do strange things without drugs/alcohol involved.

I've found at least one article that said what Hallowedbe reiterated, Club Med that night and that she was a regular there. I seem to have lost my ability to copy and paste links or I would include. Can't figure out how she could be there drinking yet NO alcohol in her system. Very weird! I guess that's the way it is unless there was some mixup in the testing. Certainly people can do strange things without drugs/alcohol involved.

I am sorry to even suggest this, but perhaps her death occurred long enough after the consumption of alcohol for it to have cleared her system.

Also, legal limits are quite low today. So she may have called a taxi even after only a couple of drinks. Nothing suggested that she was falling over drunk, right? (I need to probably go back and reread the articles, some of the details are fuzzy.)

I am sorry to even suggest this, but perhaps her death occurred long enough after the consumption of alcohol for it to have cleared her system.

Also, legal limits are quite low today. So she may have called a taxi even after only a couple of drinks. Nothing suggested that she was falling over drunk, right? (I need to probably go back and reread the articles, some of the details are fuzzy.)

I don't recall any stories about her being falling down drunk. Maybe that is what happened, the alcohol dissipated from her system before her body was found and tested. Ugh.

I don't see why people are having a problem understanding why she did this. She was a person that couldn't take no for an answer. If this was a man there wouldn't be any discussion of why he did this. People for some reason refuse to believe that women can also be violent stalkers that won't let a relationship end. I would think every man that has dated multiple women has had the psycho stalker ex that wouldn't leave him alone, and if they haven't they are lucky.

I had one that would constantly try to get into my secured building so she could pound on the door of my unit until I let her in. It didn't matter if I was home or not. She finnaly stopped when the building management had a trespassing order put on her, but that just stopped her from trying to get into the building. Another one of my friends had an ex that fell and broke her leg trying to climb over a 20 foot security fence to get to his apartment. A third friend had his ex use a ladder that a construction crew left out to get up to the balcony of his condo and then fell asleep in his bed waiting for him to go home.

So yes there are some women when they want to get inside of your house and confront you about a break up they aren't going to let anything stop them.

I don't believe this doctor put herself in that chimney.

I wonder if anyone who knew her would know if she had any phobias to closed in places.

I think she was forced to go down that chimney, and now insults are being added to her injury.

Who was this man who walked out the door while she was climbling down his chimney?
Seriously folks, can you imagine your doctor doing this?
I don't think so, but can you imagine someone who is done with you doing this to you?
Well, that makes more sense to me.

moo

ETA; would any woman seriously consider climbing down a chimney knowing all that suet is down there?
That's just laughable.
No woman is going to do that. There are so many easier and cleaner ways to get into a house.

again, moo

So yes there are some women when they want to get inside of your house and confront you about a break up they aren't going to let anything stop them.

Porkchop! Sounds like you know most of them! :cool:

I wonder if anyone who knew her would know if she had any phobias to closed in places.

I think she was forced to go down that chimney, and now insults are being added to her injury.

Who was this man who walked out the door while she was climbling down his chimney?
I don't think so, but can you imagine someone who is done with you doing this to you?

moo

ETA; would any woman seriously consider climbing down a chimney knowing all that suet is down there?
That's just laughable.
No woman is going to do that. There are so many easier and cleaner ways to get into a house.

again, moo

The act itself is indeed hard to believe, but just thinking a woman wouldn't do that, or imagining that she wouldn't want to get dirty, isn't evidence to support a theory that something else went on. Presumably, there was nothing that indicated a struggle, or another person on the roof, or a different scenario, given that the ladder was used, her stuff was dropped together in the yard nearby....

moo

That's just laughable.

again, moo

First, to assume that all women have the same aversion to dirt, is a mistake.

Second, it would be harder to believe that anyone could carry a grown woman onto a roof (via ladder) and drop her down a chimney. Even if they could; why would they?

If she were conscious during this altercation, she didn't scream? The houses are very close together in that neighborhood. Someone would have had to carry her up to the rooftop while she struggled.

People do strange things in the midst of obsession and rejection.

Anyone who doesn't believe this woman put herself into that flue needs to go back and look up and read all of the artitcles published in the local paper. This incident was very thoroughly investigated. No one put her in there. She put herself in there.

I too assumed she must have been very drunk at the time. That she was not convinces me that she was very nuts, whether anybody knew it or not.

I don't see why people are having a problem understanding why she did this. She was a person that couldn't take no for an answer. If this was a man there wouldn't be any discussion of why he did this. People for some reason refuse to believe that women can also be violent stalkers that won't let a relationship end. I would think every man that has dated multiple women has had the psycho stalker ex that wouldn't leave him alone, and if they haven't they are lucky.

I had one that would constantly try to get into my secured building so she could pound on the door of my unit until I let her in. It didn't matter if I was home or not. She finnaly stopped when the building management had a trespassing order put on her, but that just stopped her from trying to get into the building. Another one of my friends had an ex that fell and broke her leg trying to climb over a 20 foot security fence to get to his apartment. A third friend had his ex use a ladder that a construction crew left out to get up to the balcony of his condo and then fell asleep in his bed waiting for him to go home.

Whoa, Porkchop! Sounds like you've had more than your fair share of "bad girls!" :blushing:

Seriously, thank you for putting real life situations behind the assertions that several of us have made that women are as capable as men of being obsessive and downright dangerous in relationships.

moo

That's just laughable.

again, moo

yosande, with all respect, have you read all the articles pertaining to this case? Because there is no evidence to support someone else stuffing her into the chimney---in fact, there is evidence to support the fact that she was trying to gain access to the home. There is evidence to support the fact that she wasn't thinking very clearly that evening.....

Also, if someone goes down a chimney due to an obsessive desire to confront their "ex" then the crud in the chimney probably doesn't even enter into the equation......plus, some girls don't mind getting down and dirty when it is needed! (I garden, and although I am a pretty clean lady, if you saw me in the midst of my gardening chores, you'd assume I was a dirtbag!)

As hard as it may be for us women to believe that another woman could be a stalker, could be dangerous to her past boyfriends, it happens. Just read what porkchop posted!

Whoa, Porkchop! Sounds like you've had more than your fair share of "bad girls!" :blushing:

Seriously, thank you for putting real life situations behind the assertions that several of us have made that women are as capable as men of being obsessive and downright dangerous in relationships.

As hard as it may be for us women to believe that another woman could be a stalker, could be dangerous to her past boyfriends, it happens. Just read what porkchop posted!

SBM, BBM

It has happen to me too.

Just because she was a women and a doctor does not mean she could never do anything wrong as far as a domestic situation or breaking the law. Professional people like doctors, lawyers and politicians to name a few are not immune from domestic violence and are charged with these kinds of crimes all the time. Remember the case of the dentist running over her husband several times with her Mercedes after finding him cheating on her with he receptionist. http://www.toobeautiful.org/ap_030213.html

She had to have some mental issues, maybe she just hide them from her patients.It just is a very weird thing to have happen.

Hallowedbe's original post is posted below.

She had been drinking at her old hangout, Club Med. She was aware that she was drunk and called a towing service to take her and her car home. It was after she had been home for a while that she jumped back into her car and went to Moodie's house to confront him about something that had obviously thrown her into a rage. The rest is history.

I searched to see what I could find about the doctor drinking at Club Med or calling a towing service as Hallowedbe posted. What I found was the establishment that the doctor was supposedly drinking at was an upscale restaurant called Cafe Med and she did call a service that likely drove her and her car home. There is no mention that this was a "towing service" in any of the articles that I have found. I didn't research what services are available in the local area as far a calling for rides when you have had to much to drink that will actually take you and your car home as well. This could have very well been a towing company for all I know as Hallowedbe posted. This call to a service to receive a ride home and that she had been drinking was confirmed by LE according to the media article linked below and from another article from someone I would consider a blogger, also linked below. According to both articles she was at Cafe Med at about 8:00 PM and arrived at WM's house at about 10:15 PM. I would assume that it would have been dark at this time contrary to what others and I have posted about carrying a body up to the roof during daylight hours and not creating a scene. Also the ladder and I believe the chimney is located to the rear of the residence.

Two hours was not much time for alcohol to dissipate from her body if she had been drinking, especially if she had considered herself to have had to many drinks to drive and called a service to drive her home. She was worried enough about drinking and driving at 8:00 PM to call for a ride, but was not worried about driving after drinking to drive to WM's house arriving a little over two hours later.

http://www.bakersfield.com/news/local/x49332680/Police-Alcohol-may-be-factor-in-doctors-death

Other new developments in the death of Dr. Jacquelyn Kotarac — who on the night of Wednesday, Aug. 25, went down the chimney to try to get into the house — include that she had an airplane ticket to go to Amsterdam on Friday with the boyfriend, and she arranged earlier on Wednesday night to have a service drive her home from Cafe Med where she had been drinking, police Sgt. Mary DeGeare confirmed.

(Snipped)

Sometime after Kotarac returned home from Cafe Med, where her family said she was a regular visitor, she stopped at a Chevron station and bought cat food, Wallace said.

http://www.georgethomasclark.com/?p=1788

On Wednesday night August twenty-fifth Jacquelyn Kotarac had drinks at Café Med, an upscale restaurant in west Bakersfield, and at eight p.m. called a driving service which sent someone to drive her home in her vehicle.

Something else I found interesting in the media article that I don't think has been discussed before here on WS was that she purchased cat food sometime that evening after leaving Cafe Med as told by the PI that the family had hired to look into the disappearance of the doctor. The story is not clear as to how LE or the PI knew she purchased cat food, but I would suspect the cat food was found in her car along with a dated receipt and LE checked surveillance video of the store to see if she was alone or with someone at this time. If the cat food was found in her car then it suggest she stopped en route to WM's house to purchase the cat food.

It just seems strange to me that if the cat food was found in her car she would have stopped to purchase it on her way to WM's house. I think everyone agrees something had to set her off to make her want to drive to WM's house to confront him and WM knew she was mad because he didn't want to be confronted by her since he didn't answer the door when she arrived, instead leaving the house undetected.

She was doing very reasonable and responsible things up until the time she arrived at WM's house like calling for a ride home after drinking and purchasing cat food to feed her pets. What went wrong to cause her to climb down a chimney SOBER? And why did the tox reports show NO alcohol in her system if she considered herself to drunk to drive home two hours earlier?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back