GUILTY CA - Brad, 57, & Andra Sachs, 54, slain, 8yo injured, San Juan Capistrano, 9 Feb 2014

I got a lot of info from watching again. Interesting that none of the siblings were in court for the sentencing, and that Ashton's brother Myles wrote a letter thanking the investigators and prosecutors but made no mention of Ashton at all. Wishing the family peace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watching 48 hours again. I can't believe they even had these aunts of the boy speak. Seriously, when you were a teen, how well did your AUNT know you? Unless there are unique circumstances like the aunt living with you, they wouldn't know a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O.C. mass shooter spared death penalty as judge rules on fallout from jail informant scandal
An Orange County judge on Friday threw out the possibility of a death sentence for the man who murdered eight people at a Seal Beach salon in 2011, ruling that law enforcement has repeatedly failed to turn over relevant evidence about the use of jailhouse informants.

The decision by Superior Court Judge Thomas Goethals marked the latest stinging rebuke for the county’s beleaguered law enforcement community over its handling of a jail snitch scandal.

For years, allegations that Orange County law enforcement officials repeatedly violated inmates’ constitutional rights by recruiting a network of jailhouse informants have roiled the region’s criminal justice system.

Found this from last year. Excellent article updating us on how the remaining family is doing. Big brother Myles managed to keep the family together. Sisters in 20's in college, and little brother had major surgery that helped him have more mobility.

After teen kills parents, paralyzes brother, remaining siblings survive with love – Orange County Register
On five-year anniversary of killings, Myles Sachs shares struggles, successes
PUBLISHED: September 22, 2019 at 7:00 a.m.
UPDATED: September 23, 2019 at 6:36 a.m.

"Eventually, Myles found a surgeon on the East Coast who offered a different option. Instead of fusing vertebrae, the doctor would insert titanium screws into each vertebra and support the spine with a flexible tether which would allow movement."

Alone with his thoughts, Myles over and over asked himself if it was the right thing to do. Finally, he and his little brother made the decision. If there was a chance to retain a range of motion then it was worth the risk."

"As the hours ticked by during surgery, Myles, his sisters and two of his parents’ closest friends sat in the waiting room, nervous and wondering."

"Finally, the doctor came out. The surgery appeared to be a success."

"Today, his little brother shoots hoops, albeit from a wheelchair."

“I really am a dad, a mom and brother,” Myles confides, “all rolled into one.”

and in conclusion--

"A year after the shootings, he told me he as far as he is concerned, Ashton died when he killed his parents. Today – and understandably – all the siblings feel the same."

"As Bruce Springsteen sings, “Man turns his back on his family, well he just ain’t no good.”'

BBM

Wow, I can't believe it's been 6 years already. Thanks for sharing that article. It's nice to know they are doing relatively well and have each other.

I just came across this article from December and am so impressed with the youngest son. He's earned himself a tennis scholarship!

I am sad to read that Myles is having health challenges now. These "kids" have been through so much.

I just came across this article from December and am so impressed with the youngest son. He's earned himself a tennis scholarship!

I am sad to read that Myles is having health challenges now. These "kids" have been through so much.
Thanks for posting this!!

How incredible for Landon! It's amazing that he ended up in the same sport with the kid who tried to befriend him in rehab. For him to get to be in a position to influence and inspire others and excel at something like he is has got to be so life-giving.

And like you, I'm so saddened to read about what Myles is dealing with health wise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back