CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder, was he under more stress than the average college-aged person? Some particular stressful event? I know he likely had stress for good grades, etc. But was something else going on?

Very possible IMO. What stresses out a teenager, or young adult, might be simple things to others. Not everyone deals with stress the same way either. Bryce was away from home, on a restricted budget, new apartment, new college year, likely meeting new friends, away from his girlfriend, trying to fit in, etc. While that might seem like a normal college life, who gets to define normal? Who gets to determine how much stress one person can deal with? Who gets to decide how that person deals with the stress? It's an individual thing as far as I know.

As I stated before, the human brain is mysterious. Our most important organ, and the one that the less is known about. It's a fragile organ that none of us can predict what will happen. Any of us could develop a mental condition at any time.

:please: for you Bryce!!!

.I don't pick up hitch hikers. Just don't feel comfortable doing that now. But years ago I did pick up this man that my Mom had picked up many times. He only needed a ride about 4 miles from where he was, and I was going that direction. During the ride he asked if my parents were so and so. I replied yes, and knew this man's name. He was a known alcoholic, use to ride his lawnmower to get where he was going, and was arrested for Driving while drunk on his mower, so told.he couldn't do that. He then was arrested for riding his horse while drunk, and told he couldn't do that. So he hitched rides to where he wanted to go. Harmless man, whose brother had froze to deal in a neighbor's barn as he was homeless. At any rate, when we got to his destination, he gave me a stern lecture that I was NEVER to pick up ANYONE hitch hiking, and he wouldn't accept rides from me anymore because my Dad would get him! LOL! I was just a teenager that figured Mom had ALWAYS stopped to give him rides, so it would be OK for me to do as well.

Last Summer, my vehicle broke down, and I couldn't find a ride home. It was only 2 miles away so I started walking. I had several people offer to stop and give me a ride, but they were strangers to me, so I declined.

So yes, people do still give hikers a ride!! In my own experience.

I think so, but for the exact opposite reason. Redheads are NOT rare in California, they said the same stupid thing in Linnea Lomax's case- that blondes are rare in Sacramento. Nothing could be further from the truth!!! I am a Native Californian who has lived up and down the state my entire life. If anything, I am a very dark brunette, and I stand out far more than all the blondes are redheads around me in the state!!!

Oh my gosh LinasK, flashbacks! That drove me insane in the Linnea Lomax case, especially because I live very close to where she went missing and I myself saw at least a dozen blonde people daily, several of whom looked at least somewhat like her. I think in general redheads are rarer than say blondes or brunettes, though. Bryce's hair is SO red I think he'd stand out, but it's not like he's the only redhead you might see in a day, at least not where I live.

Here are some case studies:

This one tells about a woman missing for 19 days, with no money or ID. It explains how she survived.
That has happened to the woman twice. Happened 5 years ago to her as well. Hoping thats what is going on here.

Looks like driver and passenger front air bags. No note of side air bags.

This model also has it's lowest rating in rollover protection.
Jumping off your post, this did not appear to be a true "rollover", but if reports are accurate, a nose dive and flop on it's side (passenger, if I am not mistaken). Since there are dozens of ways that could happen and the air bags not deploy (including but not limited to the air bags being defective, or the vehicle rolling at slower than 14 mph when it crashed), if the vehicle never completely turned over, the roof would have no reason to be caved in, meaning that extracting oneself from the vehicle would be easier than if it had actually "rolled".

I suppose I've just reached the point where I can see Bryce being in the vehicle (or not) during the crash, getting himself out if he was, getting a ride since he was so close to a standard stopping point for truckers and travelers, and being anywhere else in the US. It's a preferable thought to him being deceased and curled up under a tree or bush in Castaic, or having been kidnapped. And that means when I'm driving 5 and 99 in a few weeks and when I'm driving through Northern Oregon and southern Washington a few weeks later, I'll be carrying posters and dropping them everywhere I stop that doesn't already have them. It can't hurt.

I think so, but for the exact opposite reason. Redheads are NOT rare in California, they said the same stupid thing in Linnea Lomax's case- that blondes are rare in Sacramento. Nothing could be further from the truth!!! I am a Native Californian who has lived up and down the state my entire life. If anything, I am a very dark brunette, and I stand out far more than all the blondes are redheads around me in the state!!!

Hehe! I can understand your frustration! :) I was thinking the same thing. I know dragracerz said redheads are only 2% of the population...but that completely boggled my mind! I feel like I know plenty of redheads! I have 4 cousins that are redheads even (both sides of the family!). I could list at least 20 redhead friends in no time flat. Not to mention all the ones I "sorta" know or the ones I see out in public. I was really surprised by that statistic.

Very possible IMO. What stresses out a teenager, or young adult, might be simple things to others. Not everyone deals with stress the same way either. Bryce was away from home, on a restricted budget, new apartment, new college year, likely meeting new friends, away from his girlfriend, trying to fit in, etc. While that might seem like a normal college life, who gets to define normal? Who gets to determine how much stress one person can deal with? Who gets to decide how that person deals with the stress? It's an individual thing as far as I know.

As I stated before, the human brain is mysterious. Our most important organ, and the one that the less is known about. It's a fragile organ that none of us can predict what will happen. Any of us could develop a mental condition at any time.

:please: for you Bryce!!!

bbm Trying to fit in ….I have a 19 yo college kid. Our experience at a college here in Alabama has been juniors & seniors get the freshman to get them their drugs …only marijuana that I know of so far. I learned that this can be bought over the internet, it is mailed to a PO Box, there was a system in place to pay cash somewhere, somehow before the drugs were mailed through the USPS! All this was news to two 50 yo parents who thought they sent their kid to a nice college. We were astounded to learn of this situation. College is tough enough with the classes and studying, preparing for a future career, but to add drugs into the mix is a tough road to be on.

I am wondering if Bryce could have gotten involved in something like this prior to the one pill incident. Knowing deep down inside that he should not be doing this…what would my parents think if they found out? Maybe, the one pill, the reason he was at ButtonWillow for so long, the subsequent accident …

How would he be able to fess up to mom and dad … is it possible that something along these lines happened that was the triggering event that set all this into motion?
I think it is a possibility as well as Bryce possibly having amnesia like has been talked about.

I am hoping and praying that Bryce will be found soon.

MOO

bbm Trying to fit in ….I have a 19 yo college kid. Our experience at a college here in Alabama has been juniors & seniors get the freshman to get them their drugs …only marijuana that I know of so far. I learned that this can be bought over the internet, it is mailed to a PO Box, there was a system in place to pay cash somewhere, somehow before the drugs were mailed through the USPS! All this was news to two 50 yo parents who thought they sent their kid to a nice college. We were astounded to learn of this situation. College is tough enough with the classes and studying, preparing for a future career, but to add drugs into the mix is a tough road to be on.

I am wondering if Bryce could have gotten involved in something like this prior to the one pill incident. Knowing deep down inside that he should not be doing this…what would my parents think if they found out? Maybe, the one pill, the reason he was at ButtonWillow for so long, the subsequent accident …

How would he be able to fess up to mom and dad … is it possible that something along these lines happened that was the triggering event that set all this into motion?
I think it is a possibility as well as Bryce possibly having amnesia like has been talked about.

I am hoping and praying that Bryce will be found soon.

MOO

Almost anything is possible...and parents often never know until they know. Usually because something happens, someone gets arrested, injured, kicked out of school, or whatever.

Oh my gosh LinasK, flashbacks! That drove me insane in the Linnea Lomax case, especially because I live very close to where she went missing and I myself saw at least a dozen blonde people daily, several of whom looked at least somewhat like her. I think in general redheads are rarer than say blondes or brunettes, though. Bryce's hair is SO red I think he'd stand out, but it's not like he's the only redhead you might see in a day, at least not where I live.
Hey, our own niece in the Sacramento area resembled Linnea with her long, curly blonde hair!
One can't make generalizations like that. California is one of the largest and most diverse states in the nation- everyone of every type live here. There are no rarities! I know a couple of people with hair the color of Bryce's.

From FB:

WITH THE POSSIBLE SIGHTING IN VALENCIA, MORE VOLUNTEERS HAVE COME FORWARD TO POST FLYERS AND HELP IN FOOT SEARCHES. FOR CONVENIENCE, DEBRA HAS OPENED HER HOME IN SANTA CLARITA FOR PICKING UP FLYERS AS WELL AS TO COORDINATE FOOT SEARCHES. CONTACT DEBRA AT 661-309-7117
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PICK UP FLYERS LET DEBRA KNOW AND SHE MAY BE ABLE TO GET THEM TO YOU.
WITH THE POSSIBLE SIGHTING IN OREGON, VOLUNTEERS HAVE COME FORWARD IN NORTHWEST STATES HELPING SPREAD THE WORD, POSTING FLIERS, AND HELPING ANY WAY THEY CAN.
THANKS TO ALL THAT ARE HELPING

Hey, our own niece in the Sacramento area resembled Linnea with her long, curly blonde hair!
One can't make generalizations like that. California is one of the largest and most diverse states in the nation- everyone of every type live here. There are no rarities! I know a couple of people with hair the color of Bryce's.

OT... but sorry if I stalked your niece while looking for Linnea. :) (I'm kidding, in case the emoticon's not enough... I didn't stalk anyone beyond noticing them and doing double takes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge