CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know my underage daughter was able to buy a Pennsylvania drivers license (we're in CA) with her photo and a different name and age with no trouble at all. I don't know the details, but I think it was very easy, one of her friends at high school took care of it.

Actually, since Bryce was 19 and away at college, he may very well have had something similar. His friends might know if he had a fake ID

Hello all,
Havent been on here as I've been down with the flu or something. I have had to keep up on other stuff like the upcoming search, media, securing the command center, volunteerspot etc etc but have been too under the weather to be on here.

When I am on here, I always try to look at posts as an outsider. I try not to be emotionally involved. I am not easily upset and realize that everyone has their own theory or speculations, as do I.
Please don't feel that you need to censor posts because I am on here, I am a big boy and can handle it.

I don't see my original post. As long as you're good with it,that's all that matters. I had just felt really bad for you.

^ good! hope people will go ahead and sign up ahead of time

This is a great video from Shane Fells brother asking for help. Maybe Bryce's family could make something similar. According to the brother this case was aired on a tv show too.

http://helpfindshanefell.com/v2/ Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow, reading the news page http://helpfindshanefell.com/v2/?cat=4 was so incredibly like reading about Bryce's disappearance, it was jaw-dropping. In some strange way, it lends credence to the theory that Bryce has suffered a head injury and is now wandering, maybe feeling paranoid, and coming out only at night. My heart breaks for Bryce's family, and the Fell family - not knowing is probably the worst hell a family can experience, when a loved one goes missing. That burning desire to never, ever give up searching becomes an obsession, and until there is closure, that obsession never abates. We are so very fortunate to have DRZ here to share insights, and to be able to help fan the flames of the search. I could see myself agreeing to have every baby with a little GPS tracker installed ;) I know for Alzheimer patients, micro-chipping is a huge asset. People "disappearing" is devastating on so many levels, and LE have their hands full already. It is probable that many of the nameless homeless seen in every town are in fact one of the "missing."

As of December 31, 2012, NCIC contained 87,217 active missing person records. Juveniles under the age of 18 account for 32,225 (36.9 %) of the records and 15,141 (17.4 %) were for juveniles between the ages of 18 and 20.

In 2012, we had 661,000 cases of missing persons; and that's just from that one year. Very quickly, 659,000 of those were canceled. So that means those persons either come back; in some cases, located as deceased persons, maybe never an unidentified person; or just a total misunderstanding. So at the end of 2012, of those 661,000 minus the canceled, we had 2,079 cases that remained at the end of the year as unresolved.

And that is every year... about 2000 can't be found. :raincloud: If I am feeling like this, I can only imagine the agony of Bryce's family.

Will try to cheer up now! In Bryce's case, I believe he will be found, maybe even this weekend, with all of the clues that may come from the searches. :please:
Sorry for the looooooooooooong post! Just struck by the senselessness of it all...

I was thinking of how to keep Bryce in the hearts and minds of the public and media. Again thinking back to the Michelle Le case, I think one of the things that really kept it going for me was that she became very real to me. When they shared personal stories and anecdotes about her, it endeared her to me, reminded me how she was so much like my own daughters.

If we heard personal nuggets of what he was like as a person, people couldn't help but be more drawn to him and the case, I might think. Like that YouTube someone found and shared here where he was doing silly moves to one of those dancing video games. I couldn't help but smile and feel his humanness and ache for him to be found and just come home.

I've been saying this. Bryce needs to come alive for the public to become and remain interested in this case and publicity can help find him, IMO.

I am wondering if it would be possible (and I am anything but a video tech guy) to record a YouTube video about Bryce being missing, than have us all view it and drive the view count up so that it shows up as most watched?

I don't know much about that sort of thing...being I am from the Black and White TV days and the 8088 computer era...

I have suggested this a few times but haven't heard from Dragracerz yet about it. I guess too much going on for the family.

Someone here said they were going to do a video, cannot remember who though. They were going to see if it was ok with his family.

I can do one in couple of weeks.

That was me. I'm really good at videos. I think I could do a compelling one. But I would like permission from the family first and it would be helpful if I could get access to pictures or video of Bryce.

Who knows what will help and what doesn't. All I know is that I think of this kid everyday.

Missing Teen's Car Is Found Overturned In Castaic

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/missing-teens-car-found-overturned-castaic-37484

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA?ref=stream

1240648_620106978033709_749536956_n.jpg

Verified Insiders: Dragracerz and Caron

Thread #1

Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

here^ see if that helps ya

I think it would be great to have a video about Bryce being missing.

One thing I think it is really important is if the family/friends could release home/candid video of Bryce to be included. Home videos of the missing that really show that individual's unique personality are what causes the public to be "drawn in" and feel a connection to that missing person.

One of the reasons I think the McStay case has kept people fascinated for so long (despite the obvious fact that an entire family went missing) is that the public was able to view home videos of the family interacting on YouTube. This caused many people to feel as if they "knew" the McStay's, and really became committed to the case.

I think Bryce probably had an amazing personality, and in order to keep the attention of the media and the public we should really allow his personality to shine and reach people!

Furthermore, if anyone DOES sight a living Bryce, he could be easier to spot if people have seen his mannerisms, gait, and heard his voice on tape. Hair color, hair length, and even eye color -- (the main traits we can garner from a still-photo) are easily changed.

Castiac is definitely mountain lion country. We live in a much more populated area at a much lower elevation in So. O.C. and have often had mountain lion sightings. A young child was attacked during the day at a local wilderness park resulting in children being banned from the park for years and years. A mountain biker was attacked and killed less than a mile from thousands of suburban homes. A short time later another mountain biker was attacked but survived. A local church security camera was picking up a mountain lion every night at about the same time. One of my neighbors hit one with his car when it leaped into the road in front of him (while driving less than a mile from thousands of homes). An overzealous homeowner in our neighborhood shot one that was sitting on his block fence. (Unfortunately he only wounded it - I only say unfortunately because it was unnecessary to shoot it in the first place, it escaped injured, and resulted in a huge lion hunt by Animal Control to try to find it to kill it because the shooting incident was less than a mile from our local elementary school with close to 2,000 students.) Obviously these incidents happened over the course of several years, but mountain lions are very elusive and very rarely seen. They ARE out there.

My understanding is that mountain lions attack from behind, try to break the neck to incapacitate and drag their prey off in an attempt to keep it hidden from other predators.

I don't know why I am even typing this. Please come home, Bryce!

I was thinking all of this. My "sleuthing skills" (heheh) tell me you live in my area. :)

I've been saying this. Bryce needs to come alive for the public to become and remain interested in this case and publicity can help find him, IMO.

I have suggested this a few times but haven't heard from Dragracerz yet about it. I guess too much going on for the family.

That was me. I'm really good at videos. I think I could do a compelling one. But I would like permission from the family first and it would be helpful if I could get access to pictures or video of Bryce.

Who knows what will help and what doesn't. All I know is that I think of this kid everyday.

I do remember you so kindly offering to put together a video for the Laspisas. I guess while I thought a video would be a wonderful thing, I wasn't realizing the value and impact it would have in garnering renewed interest in the case. You're steps ahead of me! See, that's why I am a "slowpoke"---Ha!;)

Thanks to Gitana1 for coming forward again with an offer to make a compelling video about BL being missing. I hope that she and uncle Brian can get together offline to get this project started.
Feel better soon Brian!

My point in bringing up the Video concept again was that recent videos of rather odd or stupid things/people go viral in short order to the point of ending up on the news.

Properly done, a viral video about Bryce would get National if not International exposure and for the most part, by the younger crowd whom potentially would have the most interaction with him.

If, and this is only an IF, Bryce was having mental and/or emotional problems...would he qualify for a special type of alert, i.e. Silver or whatever? I have noticed quite a few missing persons recently where the family has indicated the person may be distressed, suicidal, etc. And sometimes they have a special alert status and possibly more coverage. I know there is always the worry about privacy, etc...but finding the person is the point, IMO.

OK so I've surveilled the area. Coming down off the lagoon where the city building is that I can remember the name of now there are 2 cameras. Up from there is a traffic camera on the intersection near 7/11. Both of these would likely have footage of whether on not he left the recreation area in the direction of the town.

These have got to help us some how!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

OK so I've surveilled the area. Coming down off the lagoon where the city building is that I can remember the name of now there are 2 cameras. Up from there is a traffic camera on the intersection near 7/11. Both of these would likely have footage of whether on not he left the recreation area in the direction of the town.

Can you show where these are at on a map or get gps coordinates please?

and we should try to make were these cameras there the whole time, or installed after Bryce was reported missing? Have seen in other cases where cameras were installed shortly after a disappearance, and we are all left scratching our heads. Thanks again to AmandaFast for your boots on the ground information and dedication to helping find out what happened to Bryce.

That would be so great if they did capture him on camera! Did you let Dragracerz know?

Good work, as always :)

Dragracerz stated (thread 1, I think) that the police were reviewing footage from several cameras so I assume LE has already reviewed them. On FB there was a post that nothing was found on the 7-11 video (might be the same camera footage?) The only info that has been released about Bryce on video is the 2:08 and 4:20 license plate videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015