CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gig,

After just driving in that area, I can't imagine anyone "joy"!riding in that area. Nothing joyful about it at all. Almost a ghost town. However, I could see a farm worker robbery of a "rich kid". He would not fit in. It's really remote orchards for miles and miles and miles along a lonely highway.

Well, in this case I meant a "joy ride" in reference to taking a car out and doing stunts like speeding, booney crashing, swerving around at high speed, just going to go, etc. The way the car ended up sure sounds like that kind of scenario.

Perhaps his car was stolen and he was 'gotten rid of' along the way, or gotten rid of there at the lake. :(

It would have been easy pickings if he was in fact asleep in the car, and quite vulnerable.

Well, in this case I meant a "joy ride" in reference to taking a car out and doing stunts like speeding, booney crashing, swerving around at high speed, just going to go, etc. The way the car ended up sure sounds like that kind of scenario.

Perhaps his car was stolen and he was 'gotten rid of' along the way, or gotten rid of there at the lake. :(

It would have been easy pickings if he was in fact asleep in the car, and quite vulnerable.

O.K., now I understand what you mean, and *yes* it sounds very plausible. A vehicle left like that does have the appearance of post "joyride".

Was the blood in the vehicle confirmed to be Bryce's? It was a small amount, yes?

Because drops of fresh blood were found in his rolled vehicle LE should know if it was Bryce who bled or not.

Dovetailing off the "joyride" theory, I was wondering if it was Bryce's blood or perhaps one of the "joyriders". I really think there is merit to that theory now that I dwell on it more. Good one Gig!
In this scenario, ne'er do wells from the fields could have rolled him, left him anywhere in those miles and miles and miles and miles of fields, and taken his car until they crashed it.
Plausible. An unhappy outcome scenario, but plausible.

There would have to have been a second vehicle as well. Depending on the time of day (or night), what is the likelihood both would have been seen?

And if it turns out to be Bryce's blood, it could be blood from that crash, or an earlier event prior to the crash - such as when his car was over taken.

If it was someone else's blood, things become a lot less complicated imo.

His scent was trailed to the edge of the lake. However, did they find any of his belongings out there? Could his "stuff" being carried to the lake then tossed in also provide a scent to follow? Or is his scent only possible if HE was there.

Did cadaver dogs sniff his car?

I like the direction you guys are taking this. I joined WS only because of my minor obsession with this case. A client of mine is a realtor who worked with Bryce's parents when they arrived here in California. Bryce joined them on a few home searches and when she spoke of him missing...I was crazy curious...as she kept repeating how excited he was to leave the Midwest for a new start,etc...he seemed upbeat and ultra polite. So...your progress here looks and feels positive to me! So much evidence IMO and nothing? So many cases are solved with less! What happened?
And why would a carjacker drive by the cameras at the lake THREE TIMES? Still so weird. Why would Bryce have done that as well? Odd behavior for sure. I have often wondered if he had a gun in that duffle bag...the one that was found at the rear of his truck,unzipped and wide open. Thoughts?

I still would really like to know why LE hasn't taken advantage of the lake being so low and also don't understand why his parents are so against a search there. Surely when someone is missing, every possibility should be checked out, even if just to rule out? KWIM?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the direction you guys are taking this. I joined WS only because of my minor obsession with this case. A client of mine is a realtor who worked with Bryce's parents when they arrived here in California. Bryce joined them on a few home searches and when she spoke of him missing...I was crazy curious...as she kept repeating how excited he was to leave the Midwest for a new start,etc...he seemed upbeat and ultra polite. So...your progress here looks and feels positive to me! So much evidence IMO and nothing? So many cases are solved with less! What happened?
And why would a carjacker drive by the cameras at the lake THREE TIMES? Still so weird. Why would Bryce have done that as well? Odd behavior for sure. I have often wondered if he had a gun in that duffle bag...the one that was found at the rear of his truck,unzipped and wide open. Thoughts?
Maybe the drivers didn't know there were cameras. Also, maybe Bryce isn't the one who left stuff laying around.

But... Wasn't Bryce seen on camera walking from the car? Or am I imagining that? I thought it was somehow verified that it was him for sure, or else I'd assume a carjacking, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not ever read that Bryce was spotted there. Can you find that link?

My memory for the facts is a bit hazy but I don't recall Bryce being spotted there either. I believe it was thought to be him who had been in the car based on dogs following a scent originating from there, but don't take that as gospel because I haven't read up on this case recently.

It is hard to dismiss that he was there if dogs picked up his scent. But again, if his stuff was dragged to the water would that lead the dogs as well?

Okay, I'm probably wrong, then. I'll still assume it was he who drove the car there since the dogs picked up his scent.

I think we need to give more weight to the Vyvanse he was taking. I did a little googling and some people get really bad emotional / mental side effects from it. I can now see why he needed to sleep for so long in his car, and was acting strangely. He may have been suffering withdrawals by the time he got to Castaic.

This case is so bizarre to me. I was in Castaic about 6 weeks after this happened. It's a pretty typical desert area

Haha, whoops, little sleep so that comment above went nowhere. What I meant to say is that it's not somewhere where things are easily hidden due to tons of brush or anything. It's just the mountainous areas. It's a very barren area, and it just makes me so worried. Since day one I've really only been able to rationalize it as a suicide.

Sad, sad case - drought in CA, lake levels so low now - uncle who was LE reportedly, in MSM, believed burned body was likely Bryce's, must have been privy to info about BL & his last days that could have reasonably supported the notion BL could have taken his own life - ??? - can only hope some sense of closure reveals itself soon.

Sad, sad case - drought in CA, lake levels so low now - uncle who was LE reportedly, in MSM, believed burned body was likely Bryce's, must have been privy to info about BL & his last days that could have reasonably supported the notion BL could have taken his own life - ??? - can only hope some sense of closure reveals itself soon.

When was this burned body found, shortly after his disappearance? My memory may be failing me but I felt like I remembered something like that. Was it burnt beyond recognition and DNA testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members