CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uphill would more than likely be the direction to go as downhill there are several residences that take up a large chunk of that land. IMO there are WAY too many places he could have driven along that highway, pulled off the side of the road (without anyone driving by him for a while) and thrown anything over the side of one of those railings never to be seen again. Whenever I make that drive my skin starts to crawl a little thinking about the history there, both known and unknown!

When you take that drive over the Ortegas, be aware if you start thinking of Amber or a crime in any particular area. See what comes to you if you do.

I was telling The Mentalist about repeatedly thinking about Polly Klaas as I'd pass by a particular section of 101. This was while her body was undiscovered. I'd hear what I perceived to be her voice, screaming, and in anguish. This went on for several times as I'd pass back and forth to the San Francisco area.

Why that had happened became clear when they found Polly's body just off the freeway at the south end of Cloverdale.

What I'm saying is there may be psychic information to be picked up.

This was the original post about the hoodie they found. It is described as gray, and was found in a ravine, not the water, I would imagine if it had been their a year it could be a faded black one, but wouldn't they be searching that ravine if they thought it was Ambers? Or are they?

Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
Women's medium gray hooded sweatshirt found in a ravine!!!! Officer wants to know if there is interest in this find, or should it be ignored?

I'm listening live on the Scanner: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Haven't posted in awhile. He was an electrician, so good with wire and electrical tape:

Could have been using the same method as Sanchez, the Bike Path Rapist/Murderer (Buffalo, NY). Generally Sanchez would walk, run or ride a mountain bike toward a victim and past the victim, then turn abruptly around and follow them, or hide in the woods, grab the women from the back, by slipping a wire or rope ligature around their necks and then silence them by putting tape over their nose and mouths, beating them and finally strangling them until they passed out. He would bring them in and out of consciousness by loosening or tightening the garrotte. Some survived to tell of it.

IMO So. Cal just has to be careful not to try to close out a bunch of cases based only on eye-witness testimony as that can be iffy in best of curcumstances, which of course being attacked is far from the best. Hopeful they will close out other cases but with solid evidence. Some jurisdictions have been guilty in the past of trying to attribute a number of crimes to an offender in custody and this, leaving some offenders free to continue.
I am NOT saying JAG didn't do all of or most of these other attacks, but only that I hope LE is certain before they consider them as solved.
i.e. the ones that mentioned guns, I must have missed it, but has anyone confirmed JAG as having a gun? Did he have it in Dec 09 attack? Seems a different sort of MO to go from a gun to possibly using a knife?

This was the original post about the hoodie they found. It is described as gray, and was found in a ravine, not the water, I would imagine if it had been their a year it could be a faded black one, but wouldn't they be searching that ravine if they thought it was Ambers? Or are they?

Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
Women's medium gray hooded sweatshirt found in a ravine!!!! Officer wants to know if there is interest in this find, or should it be ignored?

I'm listening live on the Scanner: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

What color hoodie was Amber wearing on the day she disappeared, again please someone??

Mick, I posted a few pics of Dixon Lake on another thread, here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97228"]Amber and Chelsea case Similarities - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Dixon Lake, Escondido, is 3.3 miles from Escondido High School. Would you please take a look at them, to see if they match your vision?

I don't recall where it was, but i remember hearing on the scanner that it was found!

I remember mention of a hooded sweatshirt being found and the searchers asked if it was something relevant. Also, didn't they find a backpack..........if I remember correctly a blue denim backpack?

Yes, I remember Lake Elsinore rising and falling in the years I jumped out there, back in the 1970's. Is the para center even still there??

I'm northwest of Los Angeles and haven't had the occasion to go down that way in a few years. I don't know if the para center is still there or not. But, I do remember going there to watch the gliders in the 1980's and into the 1990's.

Is Barstow or Ludlow far from where Chelsea was found and they are looking for Amber?
because a girls skull was found in a backpack there.
They have pics and ID stuff on the thread ., I'm wondering if there is a connection to the area??

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95670"]CA CA-Human Head found in Barstow Desert - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

If Chelsea had been killed prior to JAG moving her body...the foot would of been relaxed and shoe could of fallen off quite easy in this situation. As for the sports bra...if and I say if the knife was involved...perhaps it was used to cut the bra off. We really dont know the condition of the evidence found at the scene all they have been willing to tell us is DNA on her underwear and then later they indicated Semen. Again we dont know if the sportsbra was found ...never confimed...and we dont know if there was a second shoe. Sarx who was at the search site thought he heard 2 shoes but couldnt confirm if that was a pair or not or whether both were Chelsea's . Lots of missing puzzle pieces with the evidence.

Hopefuly by the time of the preliminary hearing on the 18th we'll know more and be in a better position to speculate on the evidence gathered at this point.

A question on the legal aspect of this case. If LE finds proof that JAG is responsible for the death of Amber and others, will there be separate trials on each case?

I remember a federal kidnapping/murder case in which the two individuals charged were only prosecuted in one of two deaths (two different states). They were found guilty and given the death penalty. Although charged in the second case, there wasn't a trial.

Hi all, trying to keep up with the fast-moving threads on poor Chelsea's rape and murder. Let me just say I'm incredibly impressed with all the time and energy you've all put into this - TravelingBug's maps and pictures are amazing and were extremely helpful to me in learning the basics of this case. That said, I can barely contain my anger that JAG was a free man, out on the streets, and had the opportunity to even commit this horrible crime. If I'm understanding correctly, he was convicted in 2000 of brutally raping and beating a 13-year old girl (a stroke of luck he didn't murder her too), and yet he was out within 5 years??? Unbelievable! I've known someone who had to serve more time than that for selling drugs to another adult. That's right - an adult sold drugs to another consenting adult who wanted them for his own personal use to use behind closed doors and he served 8 years. This is a small-time dealer I'm talking about, not even a 'kingpin' or big timer. Yet JAG brutally beats and rapes a child and serves less time. What is wrong with this picture? It's time to get the non-violent offenders rehabilitated through drug treatment and job skills/employment placement and out of the jails, and make room for the violent offenders, especially including level three sexual offenders and child predators. Where are the priorities in this country? Perpetrators of the so-called 'victimless' crimes (drugs, gambling, prostitution) are often serving more time than violent sex offenders - there should be rioting and protesting in the streets!
RIP Chelsea. What a talented, beautiful girl with a life full of promise and potential. I could barely stand to watch the video of JAG in the courtroom, looking down with that awful smirk on his face. I'm not a death penalty supporter, but I don't think this 'creature' deserves to live. Execute him or put him in general population and let nature take it's course.

Is it 'unoccupied' at the moment or what?

Another place that keeps sticking in my mind is below the restaurant that's on the side of the hill, as one starts dropping down to Lake Elsinore. Is that place still there? It used to be a take off point for hang gliders too.

It's been about five years since we've taken 15 south through the area. Is Tom's Place still there, where they have an outdoor fruit/vegetable stand and crafts?

What color hoodie was Amber wearing on the day she disappeared, again please someone??
''

Mick I dont recall but I think someone that searched for Chelsea indicated they found red lace style panties but their search commander told them they were too old to be Chelsea's so maybe those are connected to something. Dont remember who said it but maybe back in thread 2 I think.

time to break out the discussion. This thread is closing.

We have a whole forum now to cover this case. Please stay away from general discussion on one thread. To those of you that are new, this will be a bit confusing for you at first, but you will catch on quick I promise. If you have any questions, please post them on the threadiquette thread. Veteran members can guide you as well.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97156"]Ask your forum questions here[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=387"]Chelsea King - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname