CA CA - Corinne Groenenberg, 14, Modesto, 1 Nov 1973

does it strike anybody else as weird that someone saw her walking from her home to the highway and get into a truck? was the witness following her? I feel the witness might deserve some more attention in this case. Poor girl.
Yes! That was the first thing that jumped out. Why did a neighbor follow her in the first place, and then allegedly watch her hitchhike for a while before getting into a strangers car??? I am ver suspicious of this and would absolutely want more information on the neighbor and what actually transpired.

The details leading up to Corinne hitchiking is vague. Why did Corinne leave? Nov 1 was a Thursday. Did Corinne go to school? I can imagine the walk from Corinnes home to the highway and the friend following after her. What was said and where did Corinne say she was going? I'm sure this friend was questioned by LE..description of driver or any more info on the truck besides it color? IMO, the friend is key..the last one to see and speak to Corinne. I would like to see a cold case detective look into her disappearance and re interview the friend. Maybe after all these years, this friend might remember something...

The details leading up to Corinne hitchiking is vague. Why did Corinne leave? Nov 1 was a Thursday. Did Corinne go to school? I can imagine the walk from Corinnes home to the highway and the friend following after her. What was said and where did Corinne say she was going? I'm sure this friend was questioned by LE..description of driver or any more info on the truck besides it color? IMO, the friend is key..the last one to see and speak to Corinne. I would like to see a cold case detective look into her disappearance and re interview the friend. Maybe after all these years, this friend might remember something...
I agree, but i'm afraid this was treated as "just another" runaway.

Here to post a potential match for Corinne!

Any chance she could be this doe found in Los Angeles in 1976? Say she got trafficked by whoever picked her up that day, I think the old and new composites do resemble her; long eyebrows, middle part and similar hair colour, high forehead. She would be in the right age range, I just can't properly explain the time gap.

Any chance she could be this doe found in Los Angeles in 1976? Say she got trafficked by whoever picked her up that day, I think the old and new composites do resemble her; long eyebrows, middle part and similar hair colour, high forehead. She would be in the right age range, I just can't properly explain the time gap.
The LA doe had on Thursday day of the week panties too.

I am quite new to trying to ID so this is likely quite off, but is there any possibility that she could be Castleberry Kate (UP86366)? There isn't a lot to work with on the UID but the basic description seems to work, as the Jane Doe had apparently been there for quite some time. Since Corinne was hitchhiking and it isn't clear where she was heading to, I think at least in that sense there is some possibility? The only issue would be the dental plates on the jane doe and I do not see anything relating to Corinne having them. Just a thought.
Is that number correct?

They haven’t ruled her out, but the height is off by 3 inches and it says year of death 1976.

What transpired that made Corinne leave her house, walk to the highway, and hitchike? It was a Thursday..did she go to school or did this occur afterwards? The family friend that followed her to the highway..what did he or she say happened that made Corinne leave? They described the truck and said the driver was male..any description given?
Very vague..so little info :(

What transpired that made Corinne leave her house, walk to the highway, and hitchike? It was a Thursday..did she go to school or did this occur afterwards? The family friend that followed her to the highway..what did he or she say happened that made Corinne leave? They described the truck and said the driver was male..any description given?
Very vague..so little info :(
Unfortunately there is no information on any of what was said, although hitchhikikinh was not uncommon, and I didn’t get the impression she “left” per se so much as she walked to the highway to hitch a ride somewhere.

I find it more interesting that the neighbor followed her, watched her hitching, saw her get in a car, and then just watched it drive away??? Why was he following her? Why didn’t he offer a ride? It seems off to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back