CA CA - Crystal Tymich, 6, Los Angeles, 30 June 1994

How wonderful it would be if we could find out what happened to little Crystal. She would be an adult now. Maybe she will see this story if she is out there....maybe she has doubts and questions. Praying for a miracle in this case.

i think at this point it would be a miracle that would solve this case

How heartbreaking. I have a 6 year old and I cannot even imagine him just disappearing. Her poor family. I hope there is a miracle and the family can at least know what happened to her.

Well we know she did not just run away. At that age they may run but come back or would have been found by someone.

How was the coverage then? Does anyone remember?

I removed a couple of posts, just prevent confusion. The posts were within TOS, but it appears a case description for a missing girl in Alabama was posted in the wrong place and it contains misleading information.

Let me know if anyone has questions.

Salem

In regards to the post above about Crystal's mother supposedly founf murdered....I went to the link, and it appears that one case has nothing to do with the other and am not sure why it is posted with Crystal's information...they have Crystal listed as "Christina" and disappeared in 1973...obviously not talking about the missing 6 year old Crystal Tymich....nor her mother.

How very sad! 6 is so young to just disappear. Doesn't sound like there was a lot of media attention at least not over the years. It just amazes me how many missing people there really are.

So sad. There is such little information. I wish we had more info because I have a ton of questions.
I wish we knew why there are such differing accounts on how she went missing - picking peaches or following her brothers on bicycles. Is this a reporting error or did the brothers give different stories of when they last saw her? If they gave different stories, why? perhaps they last saw her when riding bikes, which was way before the peaches and did not want to get in trouble for not looking out for her. Neighbor said she was wandering off and threatened to run away. Why? was this a normal 6 year old temper tantrum type rant or was something more going on? Maybe she just wanted to play "girly" games and not do what her brothers were doing.

Maybe she wasn't wandering off. Maybe her brothers were trying to ditch the pesky little sister. it would be worth it to speak to them as adults. There may be some details they were afraid to say when they were young.

Has the family been ruled out?

I did find some additional information in the about section of the Facebook page. An article about the search of the house across the street was cut and pasted. It is a good read. That article has a direct quote from one of the brothers and he mentions the peaches so that appears to be the correct story. But I still wonder where the other story came from.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss...94/324100557607480?id=324100557607480&sk=info

Adorable little girl. This family must be heart broken. I hope we can help to solve this mystery. Having read various information here and there, I have some questions:

Is there any verified report of what type of animal(s) bones were found in the search of the home across the street?

Were the animal bones found in the attic or crawl space or both?

Who was living in the house that was searched and who else (if anyone) had access to or frequented that house at the time little Crystal went missing?

I feel that it is one thing if the bones were found in the crawl space and were opossum, cat, etc. "normal" creatures that tend to hole up under homes. But if bones were found in the attic or belong to an animal or animals that are not commonly found in/under/above homes (cows, horses, etc.), it would strike me as odd and worth looking into whoever had access to that home.

Also, does anyone know if dogs were brought in? If it was already verified, please forgive me as I must have missed it.
ETA - article from 1997 below refers to canines being called off but doesn't say what, if any results were.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...9VPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=GQgEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4926,5442540

All very good thoughts, ellemo. I also wondered about the brothers' story and thought maybe it was a case of there actually having been a much longer window of opportunity for her to disappear.

Also, any details on what the tip was resulting in the other house being searched? Or was someone just generally suspicious of a neighbour/acquaintance. Any other witnesses at all?

Without much information it's difficult to know where to begin, but it's such a shame that a little girl has been missing so long with hardly any attention. :(

I've been lured in though so I'll keep checking back.

Edit, another poster got in after the post I was referring to, but it's another good one!

Why does the Facebook page say her name may be spelled "Chrystal"? I feel like there are so many relevant details here the family or others close to the case could provide, that we're not getting.

FWIW, I attempted to run away when I was 7 because my mom was making me clean my room. I really wonder if she tried to run away, or at least go off by herself for a few hours because she was angry/frustrated, and ran into the wrong person, the classic "Get in my van and I'll give you some candy" scenario.

i think the time frame the boys are giving is probably quite longer.
nevertheless this drew my attention back to the alanna gallagher case...
a small girl exploring the neighborhood and someone close by snatches her....these cases are so heartbreaking.

Is there any verified report of what type of animal(s) bones were found in the search of the home across the street?

Were the animal bones found in the attic or crawl space or both?

According to the FB page linked above the bones were "fish, cow and dog." Not what you'd expect to find in crawl space...

I personally think this was a local crime, either a family friend or someone living on the street. Does anyone know if there are any other missing little girls that could be tied with her or any known sex offenders?

It would be interesting to know where Wayne Harvey Smith was when Crystal Ann Tymach went missing. He was charged in 2008 of killing this little girl in the 1980's. http://doenetwork.org/cases/804dfca.html. There is a large window for him to have had other victims.

From Newspaper article:

"Alice Williams, 90, stood on her porch and watched investigators swarm over the nearby property but couldn't bring herself to go down the street. Her voice shaking, she recalled that Crystal used to play with Williams' grandchildren.

She still keeps a snapshot of the girl in her Bible.

"She used to run into my house and say, 'Candy, candy, candy.' She loved candy," Williams said."

Sounds like she was in and out of neighbors houses a lot and had a weakness for lollies. A little girl like that would be very easy to lure...

The rest of the article can be found here as well as information gathered about the case.

http://25missingpersons.proboards.com/thread/61

A couple of other items of interest are in the article:
"Tymich held a worn photograph of a teenage girl that resembled his sister. The picture was taken by a group that tries to help runaway teens. "

So did the family follow up on this picture?

and
"Tymich said the house that was being searched used to belong to a female reverend who frequently invited neighborhood children in for religious services. She no longer lives there, he said. "

So the house that was searched belonged to this female reverend. Why did she suddenly become a suspect? It shows that little Crystal had a tendency of dropping by on the neighbors. Perhaps she dropped by at the wrong house that day?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back