GUILTY CA - David, 57, Toni, 55, & Ashley Menard, 16, slain, Northridge, 4 Aug 2006

And THIS is why I will never ever live in a cul-de-sac. EVER! There's something inherently evil about them. Too many times have I heard about "cul-de-sac" murders.

Anyway, just reading those blog entries, and looking at this kid's tatoo, you seems to have an affinity for sharp pointy objects and stabbing things.

A 21-year-old man was charged today with capital murder in the fatal stabbings of his parents and his 16-year-old sister at the family's Northridge home on Friday. Brandon Christoph Menard, who called 911 to report that he found the bodies early Friday, is scheduled to be arraigned some time today in San Fernando Superior Court.

Menard, arrested late Friday after questioning by detectives, is charged with three counts of murder for the slayings of his parents David, a 56- year-old real estate agent, and Toni, a 55-year-old evening nursing supervisor at UCLA's Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital and his sister, Ashley, a Granada Hills High School student and dance team member.

More: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=4442080

Warning Signs on Web? Internet, Neighbors Offer Clues to Slaying Suspect's Mind-SetThe MySpace.com Web page of a young Northridge man suspected of stabbing to death his parents and sister starts with a Latin quote that translates: "Everything which I used to say could not happen will happen now."

Profiling himself on his Web site as a Pierce College English and philosophy major and assistant manager at a retail store, the 21- year-old last logged onto his MySpace page the day before his parents and teenage sister were found dead at their home. It was unclear whether he changed anything on his page.

But at some point, he had written that the instant messenger phrase he most overused was, "I'm going to kill you."

And he wrote that he got along "OK with my parents ... unless they're on one of their schizo stages."

Other neighbors described the Menards as people who kept to themselves. Next-door neighbor Shelly Ontiveros, who lived next to the Menards for seven years, said David Menard was initially friendly, but objected to people parking in front of his house and would turn his lawn sprinklers on their cars.

Neighbor Rita Horwitz said she and her husband nicknamed David Menard "Vietnam" because his demeanor would be friendly one day and "weird" the next. They called Brandon "Columbine" because the trenchcoat he sometimes wore reminded them of the 1999 school massacre.

More: http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/606029/warning_signs_on_web_internet_neighbors_offer_clues_to_slaying/index.html?source=r_technology

Courtesy of Steve Huff's Crime Blog, all of the siblings My Space pages:

The accused, Brandon: http://www.myspace.com/samuraiplatypus

The victim, Ashley: http://www.myspace.com/65152330

The brother, Scott: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=9676169
(some postings have since been deleted from his page)

And on Steve's blog, someone named Andy says he's a friend of Brandon and
"the cops AND news were using his friends for info, and would not stop bugging ANY of them. both used MySpace as a link into his life, and nearly harrassed, no, they did harass people for info on Brandon. If I were to give my opinion, it would be this… the police rushed an investigation and while Brandon has no charges as of yet, they are holding him in Jail for the murder of his family while they sort it out."

Paladin said:
And THIS is why I will never ever live in a cul-de-sac. EVER! There's something inherently evil about them. Too many times have I heard about "cul-de-sac" murders.

Anyway, just reading those blog entries, and looking at this kid's tatoo, you seems to have an affinity for sharp pointy objects and stabbing things.
I live in a cul-de-sac and our neighbors house is for sale. Wanna buy it? You would have me for a neighbor......(sounds of song from Deliverence) :crazy:

curious1 said:
I live in a cul-de-sac and our neighbors house is for sale. Wanna buy it? You would have me for a neighbor......(sounds of song from Deliverence) :crazy:
Haha. No. Scary.

Anyone hear what happened to this guy?

The last thing I can find is an update from July 2008...

Scott Menard said he was with Brandon for much of that night. Scott said he and Brandon spent time together from about 12:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. He said they went to a club called Perversion, what he called an "industrial goth dance club." Afterward, he said they went to a nearby International House of Pancakes.

"At 4:30 I went to finish my delivery route, then came home (and) saw the police," he said

http://sundial.csun.edu/2.4503/northridge-man-arrested-for-murder-1.410580

Well got a little more info on him.. Next Court Date: 04/23/2009 Has this thing not gone to a trial yet? What are they waiting for?
(The information was current as of: 03/26/2009 00:51 PST)

Booking No.: 9152211 Last Name: MENARD First Name: BRANDON Middle Name: CHRISTOPH

Sex: M Race: W Date Of Birth: 05/20/1985 Age: 21 Hair: BRO Eyes: BLU Height: 604 Weight: 220

Charge Level: F (Felony)

ARREST
Arrest Date: 08/04/2006 Arrest Time: 1900 Arrest Agency: 4235 Agency Description: LAPD-ROB/HOMI DIVISION

Date Booked: 08/04/2006 Time Booked: 2214 Booking Location: 4273 Location Description: LAPD - JAIL DIVISION

BAIL
Total Bail Amount: NO BAIL Total Hold Bail Amount: 0.00 Grand Total: NO BAIL

HOUSING LOCATION
Housing Location: CJ

Permanent Housing Assigned Date: 06/24/2008 Assigned Time: 1854 Visitor Status: N

Facility: MEN'S CENTRAL JAIL
Address: 441 BAUCHET STREET City: LOS ANGELES

Public Visiting Guidelines Facility Visiting Schedule

For County facility visiting hours, Please call (213) 473-6080 at Inmate Information Center.

COURT
Next Court Code: NVE Next Court Date: 04/23/2009 Next Court Time: 0800 Next Court Case: PA05639401

Court Name: NO. VALLEY SUPERIOR CT DEPT E
Court Address: 900 THIRD STREET Court City: SAN FERNANDOUPT

RELEASE
No Information On Release Date.

CASE INFORMATION
Case No. Court Name Court Address Court City Bail Amt. Fine Amt. Court Date Sent. Date Sent. Day(s) Disp Code
PA056394RM 0 .00 02/06/2007 0
PA05639401 NO BAIL .00 04/23/2009 0
Click on specific Case No. for detailed information.

I have never understood why the national media seems to shy away from these type of horrific murders. They seem to pick and choose what they want everyone to be aware of.

These type of crimes are happening more and more where a child will murder their parents or siblings or both and for the most trivial of reasons. Yet it is as if those cases are not as newsworthy or is that really it? Is it they just do not want to discuss murders of this type because its families?

I have always been so offended by the media who's motto is "if it bleeds, it leads" who seems to have some imaginary criteria they want met.

Just like lawmakers will stampede congress wanting new laws enacted for stronger punishment if a little child is abducted, raped and murdered by a stranger. YET, never want to actually help the other 95% of abused, incestuously repeatedly raped, neglected and murdered children and most of the time it is done by their very own mothers or fathers. It makes no sense. It makes no sense yet they turn a blind eye. I have never understood why, if a victim is a child belonging to the murderer or rapists then those children never get the medias attention and congress never enacts tougher laws for incest victims who have been brutalized over a period of many horrific years. Even the justice system fails these type of children for the sentences handed down are much lower than if it had been done by a stranger. They have no law enacted in their names.

The media needs to give the complete picture. That is seems lately, at an alarming rate juveniles are murdering their parents or wiping out their entire family and they need to bring to the forefront just how many little children are being cruelly abused, raped or murder by their very own parent or parents.

It is like the media refuses to see the big white elephant in the room standing there.

All we hear is a blimp on cases like this one, maybe, and they move onto what they perceive are more titillating, sensational cases, where it seems either the victim or the defendant has to have some allure.

I think it is shameful.

imo

Court date is later today... 0800.

Not that it will accomplish much considering how very little progress seems to have been made so far.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I hope that it is not the son that murdered his family. :(

Isn't that horrible? That's the first thing I thought too.:eek:

ETA: CALL ME, southcity mom!!! :blowkiss:

Okay, duh! I just looked at the date and saw this is from almost 3 years ago. I can't believe it's taken this long to get to trial! :eek:

Court date is later today... 0800.

Not that it will accomplish much considering how very little progress seems to have been made so far.

This crime happened almost three years ago, and he has been sitting in jail since then. I'd like to know what's taking so long for the trial to begin.
No mention of this in the news anywhere...

Okay, duh! I just looked at the date and saw this is from almost 3 years ago. I can't believe it's taken this long to get to trial! :eek:

It's been postponed once again, this time until June 25, 2009.

http://app4.lasd.org/iic/case.cfm?B...NTENCE=0&BCA_DISP_CODE= &DISP_DESCRIPTION=

I can't find any coverage of this whatsoever in the news. All the stories on the Web are old. Very frustrating.

He was arrested almost three years ago, and still no trial...and no explanation anywhere for the many delays.

Still in jail awaiting trial.

Next Court Date: 08/13/2009 Next Court Time: 0800 Next Court Case: PA05639401

Case postponed once again!

Next Court Code: NVE Next Court Date: 10/14/2009 Next Court Time: 0800 Next Court Case: PA05639401

http://app4.lasd.org/iic/ajis_search.cfm

These murders happened three years ago and this case still has not come to trial. The suspect has been sitting in jail all this time. The case has been postponed time and again, and there is no news anywhere giving the reason for the delay. Very odd...

I remember this case clearly, and am astonished that he has yet to come to trial, the case reminds me a little of Sara Johnson for some reason, she murdered her parents when she was 16,

lets see what happens next court appearance, the case has had hardly any publicity since the initial flurry

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back