GUILTY CA - David Kazdin, 63, murdered, Los Angeles, 14 March 1998

Hi Yad,

You asked: "Have you ever been at a sentencing hearing?"

No...I haven't. Based on what you have expressed, perhaps I'm very glad that I haven't. Now I understand what you meant by "not a pretty sight."

You wrote:
"You realize that this convicted felon will have to suffer a life different from yours or mine. Apart from who she is and what she has been convicted of, it's still a gut wrenching sight."

I'm having a discussion with myself about the above statement. I can't quite get my head around any feeling of gut wrenching for the sake of a convicted felon who "will have to suffer a life different from yours or mine." I find it very difficult (maybe impossible) to empathize/sympathize with felons, particularly those such as Kimes. Please don't misunderstand, I would not diminish your heart of compassion, I just haven't found mine where yours appears to be...or maybe I just don't get this yet.

You obviously feel pain that Kimes will suffer from a life different from yours or mine. This appears to be a reflection that you feel that our lives are satisfying (I agree that they definitely are.) Kimes would laugh at any of us that feel sorry for her that she can't have a life such as ours. She DID laugh but, took it far further than that. Kimes loathed, and treated with derision, all of that which you and I "deeply" respect and find to be of value. Kimes DID NOT WANT a life such as yours or mine. I personally believe that this was a conscious decision of Kimes, well thought out... She, like many, came to a "Y" in the road, then laughed at those of us that chose the branch that indicated "includes respect of others." She PURPOSELY chose the branch that we did not, and purposely chose not to backtrack and re-select despite that which I believe she heard along the way from a "greater than she."

Our lives are pathetic to Kimes, of no value. A life such as ours includes the simple core value of respecting the boundaries of others. Respecting the boundaries of others must include a certain amount of "servitude" to others and, OH, this is NOT what Kimes has chosen to be about. Perhaps that is the bottom line with such as Kimes...I will be no man's (woman's) servant. Kimes "chose" to be the God of her universe - all others would be her servants. Kimes chose to write the laws of that which is right per her Godhood, what serves "me" is that which I will live, teach and force others to live. For the life of me, as a mother of two infants, I cannot understand any mother birthing a child, looking upon their fragile estate, and then taking advantage of this to raise servants to "me alone" (mother of the children.)

I can only guess that my major feeling of gut wrenching during the sentencing of Kimes would be that her heart would not be stopped, her breathing would not be stilled, within 2 hours of sentencing. There has been a tragedy, but the greatest tragedy is that the tragedy has not been ended. Kenney remains to be targeted by the wicked one, and he will be. Kimes will victimize as long as she breathes. The true tragedy is that her breath has not yet been taken away.

Yad, check your PMs.

FT

Very unfortunately, Judge Kennedy-Powel's post-conviction statement did not get any press: she told him that he was now "free" to live his life, without any longer being his mother's killing machine.
In the post-conviction of Sante, the same judge said that just because she is behind bars, it will not stop her manipulative attempts: to her son (dis-allowed correspndence), fellow prisoners, guards and those already released. There are a plethora of people doing her bidding as we sit in our homes, enjoying the net. She will not stop, simply because she can't.
You know what got me interested in her/their case? Read Jeane King's wonderful/best book on how they were captured at NY's Hilton (4 LE jurisdictions) and how easily Sante was able to steal Irene Silverman's identity (SS#, passport, Trust deed etc). That can happen to any of us. It happened to Mrs.Silverman, plus being killed by Sonny-Boy at Mamma's direction. The book is called "Endgame."
The new, made-for-tv movie will focus on Sante's destruction of her son. Since the script-writer is working hand in glove with the aforementioned writer, it aught to be a not-to-be-missed movie.
And yes. I cancheer a 's conviction while it is on TV, if you feel the tension in court, it is gut-wrenching. For me, at any rate.

I know a mother just like that. Don't believe for a second that she is the only one that would control and beseech her children to do her bidding. But, thank goodness this one is behind bars forever.

There some incestuous allegations between the two. Things like that do not happen every day. The woman is a total enigma.

yadler said:
There some incestuous allegations between the two. Things like that do not happen every day. The woman is a total enigma.

Do you mean actual incest vs. emotional incest? Yuck....if that is correct! Sante Kimes sounds like she is truly truly an evil woman.

And the world is a better place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back