Found Deceased CA - David Neily, 69, Westport, 14 April 2006

Donald Cavanaugh and David Neily both had done work for the same small horse ranch in California outside Westport, a town with only 60 residents. Both men have also been missing for more than a decade and are feared dead. Donald Cavanaugh, then 63, was reported missing in May 2005, in Ukiah, California after a dispute with his nephew, James DeNoyer, who was the ranch owner. David Neily, then 69, was reported missing in Westport, California just one year later, also reportedly after a confrontation with DeNoyer. Both men's vehicles were found on DeNoyer's ranch property. DeNoyer denies having any information or involvement in either man’s disappearance and has not been named a suspect, but is considered by police to be a person of interest in both cases. According to the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office, the investigations are considered open and ongoing. If you have information about either of these cases, you are encouraged to call the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office at (707) 234-2100.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

NOV 13, 2021
Remains of Missing Man Found 14 Years After He Disappeared in Mendocino County – Redheaded Blackbelt (kymkemp.com)
On 05-07-2020, the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office was contacted by a private forester representative who advised one of his employees had located what was believed to be human remains in a remote forested area west of Wilderness Lodge Road in the 15000 block of Branscomb Road in Branscomb, California.

[...]

In October of 2021, the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Coroner’s Division was advised of a positive match to an active Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Missing Persons Investigation (Case #2006-01611) and identified the partial human remains as missing person David Virgil Neily of Albion, California.

[...]

The Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office continues to investigate the circumstances concerning David Neily’s disappearance and ask for anyone with information concerning the last known whereabouts of David Neily to contact Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Detective Alex Johnston at (707) 463-4086 or the Sheriff’s Office Tip-line at (707) 234-2100.

[...]

NOV 13, 2021
Remains of Missing Man Found 14 Years After He Disappeared in Mendocino County – Redheaded Blackbelt (kymkemp.com)
On 05-07-2020, the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office was contacted by a private forester representative who advised one of his employees had located what was believed to be human remains in a remote forested area west of Wilderness Lodge Road in the 15000 block of Branscomb Road in Branscomb, California.

[...]

In October of 2021, the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Coroner’s Division was advised of a positive match to an active Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Missing Persons Investigation (Case #2006-01611) and identified the partial human remains as missing person David Virgil Neily of Albion, California.

[...]

The Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office continues to investigate the circumstances concerning David Neily’s disappearance and ask for anyone with information concerning the last known whereabouts of David Neily to contact Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Detective Alex Johnston at (707) 463-4086 or the Sheriff’s Office Tip-line at (707) 234-2100.

[...]
Realize that (JMO) you are one of most informative posters at WS but solve this mystery of Saturday 11.13 AM; specifically how do you have that post from RHBB? I have been up and about since 7 AM PST and literally keep RHBB open on my desktop and that article has not been posted or was posted and removed as not there now. BTW I live in rural Humboldt.

Redheaded Blackbelt – News, nature, and community throughout the Emerald Triangle (kymkemp.com)

Realize that (JMO) you are one of most informative posters at WS but solve this mystery of Saturday 11.13 AM; specifically how do you have that post from RHBB? I have been up and about since 7 AM PST and literally keep RHBB open on my desktop and that article has not been posted or was posted and removed as not there now. BTW I live in rural Humboldt.

Redheaded Blackbelt – News, nature, and community throughout the Emerald Triangle (kymkemp.com)
Wow, that is odd! Try this - Google "David Neily" and under tools, select last 24 hours. I just tried it and the article is the first one that comes up.

Wow, that is odd! Try this - Google "David Neily" and under tools, select last 24 hours. I just tried it and the article is the first one that comes up.
Don't know how to do last 24 hours but searched on David Neily, 11/13/21, and redhead blackbelt and got the below: The first article has Neily's picture but no text. Must be some weird editing and / or internet propagation.

So thank you and sometimes think was put on Earth to be confused.
unnamed – 2021-11-13T075408.304 - Redheaded Blackbelt
https://kymkemp.com › 2021/11/13 › remains-of-missi...

Redheaded Blackbelt. unnamed – 2021-11-13T075408.304. November 13, 2021 Kym Kemp Leave a comment · David Virgil Neily. Join the discussion!

NOV 13, 2021
Remains found in California forest identified as missing man (sfgate.com)
[...]

Investigators later found his vehicles on a property in the tiny town of Westport before the case went cold.

Last May, an employee at private nature reserve contacted the sheriff's office after finding human remains in an old-growth Douglas-fir forest in Branscomb, about 3.5 miles (5.6 kilometers) from where his car was found, the statement said.

[...]

The examinations found no evidence of trauma, the statement said, and the sheriff's office continues to investigate the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back