CA CA - Diane Dye, 13, San Jose, 30 July 1979

Oh yea, We've made a profile for Diane on facebook. Her brother Dean is of course a member now that he has a computer for the first time, as well as several other friends Of Diane's. Please share this with anyone you think might be interested. I'm going to post this new story about Diane there and have already posted the other one you created. you can find here profile on facebook under....

" Diane Genice Dye: Missing since 1979"

Here is a picture of Diane's mom Patricia Dawes, which was taken shortly before she passed away two years ago. Thought maybe those who have been following this case would like to see what she looked like just a couple of years ago. Her son Dean took this on his cellphone when he last visited her. He gave it to me when he came here to Stockton to visit me a few days ago. he and I had finally been reunited after 32 years of trying to find each other. It really get's me down knowing Pat passed away without ever knowing what happened to Diane.

Hi Ted.

So glad you have been able to reunite with Dianne's brother and get people looking at her disappearance again! My prayers are with you! I hope she is found alive and well and yes, I do think it is possible!

Wow- this Howard Coffey guy sounds like a real monster. Thanks for the heads-up on this dude. Never heard of him but I have now. I'm going to read up on that when I have some time. About the idea of Diane being alive I can tell you that one of the most prominant psychic investigators in the business worked with police to try and figure out what happened to Diane. Though she could not help them find her she has said she is convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that Diane is still alive somewhere. From what I have been told this person has helped solve a bunch of cases and that her information was vital many times and very accurate. So that gives us hope to push onward. I have worked so often in my free time between Diane, my work with Amnesty International and as an activist involving the genocide in Sudan that I never have much time for anything else. My hope it to either find Diane or find out what happened to her, then I want to keep on by helping any way I can with other missing persons cases. Thanks very much for the response

Diane's brother Dean came to visit me again yesterday. He managed to dig up two very old instematic (did I spell that right?) photos of Diane. These two shots were very washed out and yellow. They were taken at a distance and I had to zoom these, crop, then photoshop the hell out of them, but at least I got something out them. These are important because Diane dissapeared just a few weeks after these were shot. She may have been spotted wearing this shirt after she vanished. Please spread these around. it might jar something somewhere in someone, you never know. Her father has other images he had planned to send me but he said it's just too painful for him to go looking for them, so I don't know if I will ever get them from him. At least he sent me the SJPD police sketch which was a major help. Di's mother had some as well but sadly she has passed on and her last husband won't agree to look for them and "dig up the past" as he put it. So these may be the only other images of Diane we will ever see. I'll keep trying though.

2604vug.jpg

29qialt.jpg

Diane's brother Dean came to visit me again yesterday. He managed to dig up two very old instematic (did I spell that right?) photos of Diane. These two shots were very washed out and yellow. They were taken at a distance and I had to zoom these, crop, then photoshop the hell out of them, but at least I got something out them. These are important because Diane dissapeared just a few weeks after these were shot. She may have been spotted wearing this shirt after she vanished. Please spread these around. it might jar something somewhere in someone, you never know. Her father has other images he had planned to send me but he said it's just too painful for him to go looking for them, so I don't know if I will ever get them from him. At least he sent me the SJPD police sketch which was a major help. Di's mother had some as well but sadly she has passed on and her last husband won't agree to look for them and "dig up the past" as he put it. So these may be the only other images of Diane we will ever see. I'll keep trying though.

2604vug.jpg

29qialt.jpg

Hi Ted,

So glad you are wanting to find your friend Diane and that you have been able to recapture your friendship with her brother.

I have joined Diane's facebook page and would like to be able to help in any way.. (thru the computer, I live in PA)

Best of luck to you and her family to get the answers you need in Diane's disappearance!

Thanks very much. Also I checked the Tammie McCormick link. Reading through all of it and seeing her pics just eats away at me. I had never even heard of her, but none the less it hits so close to home. My eyes filled with tears after just a few minutes and couldn't take it anymore.

I tried to look at Jaliek's repeatedly and it wouldn't load. Thanks for sharing those links with everyone :)

Hi Ted,

So glad you are wanting to find your friend Diane and that you have been able to recapture your friendship with her brother.

I have joined Diane's facebook page and would like to be able to help in any way.. (thru the computer, I live in PA)

Best of luck to you and her family to get the answers you need in Diane's disappearance!

Very nice to meet you. Thank you for your very kind support and thoughtful words. Thank you for joining her facebook page and for being so caring :)

Ted,
I have Diane's page on facebook as well, I will circulate these photos-someone out there knows something! Take care! I am so happy you are helping to keep her case alive!

Ted,
I have Diane's page on facebook as well, I will circulate these photos-someone out there knows something! Take care! I am so happy you are helping to keep her case alive!

Thank you so much for being so thoughtful to do that. I have no choice but to keep looking for her. I tried to let it go and forget off and on for the past 33 years, but she's always there weighing heavy in my heart. We all miss her so very much and we love her. She was as much as sister to me as she was to Dean. Hardly a day goes by that I don't think about her repeatedly. Again thank you for caring about Diane's case. Some one has to know something somewhere, I just have to have faith that we will find out what happened to her :please:

I actually think there's a good chance she is alive. There were enough sightings of her (which I consider to be credible, since they were by people who knew her) that I am convinced she was alive for some time after she went missing.

The biggest problem is that when she first went missing, there was not much investigation done due to her being a runaway. It was only after the high profile "Princess Doe" became a possible link to her that anyone (mostly NJ police) started really looking into her. Witnesses came forward at that time claiming to have seen her, but this was so much later that it didn't do much good.

I tried emailing the NJ police awhile back to see if I could get any additional info that they had on Diane, but got no reply. I may try again. I remember hearing that she was on Unsolved Mysteries(?) around the Princess Doe time, does anyone know if there is some way to get a copy of their old episodes?

I actually think there's a good chance she is alive. There were enough sightings of her (which I consider to be credible, since they were by people who knew her) that I am convinced she was alive for some time after she went missing.

The biggest problem is that when she first went missing, there was not much investigation done due to her being a runaway. It was only after the high profile "Princess Doe" became a possible link to her that anyone (mostly NJ police) started really looking into her. Witnesses came forward at that time claiming to have seen her, but this was so much later that it didn't do much good.

I tried emailing the NJ police awhile back to see if I could get any additional info that they had on Diane, but got no reply. I may try again. I remember hearing that she was on Unsolved Mysteries(?) around the Princess Doe time, does anyone know if there is some way to get a copy of their old episodes?

You have made really great points! Back then, teens who go missing were not as much of a concern..in fact, most teens were considered run aways, and most investigations on them were delayed because of such assumptions. I also feel Diane is alive and well out there, and that's what I love about this case, because there is real potential for her loved ones to find her-alive!
I also think all the sightings were credible-there were probably much more sightings of her than we even know about-who knows if the reports were even charted because I honestly feel they dropped the ball on her case towards the beginning, which had a great affect on things decades later.

And as much as I hate to say it, I don't think her case would have ever been brought forward in the spotlight if it wasn't for the assumption she was Princess Doe...I will try to find it on Unsolved, the segment on Princess Doe..I do know Diane was ruled out as not being Princess Doe.

You have made really great points! Back then, teens who go missing were not as much of a concern..in fact, most teens were considered run aways, and most investigations on them were delayed because of such assumptions. I also feel Diane is alive and well out there, and that's what I love about this case, because there is real potential for her loved ones to find her-alive!
I also think all the sightings were credible-there were probably much more sightings of her than we even know about-who knows if the reports were even charted because I honestly feel they dropped the ball on her case towards the beginning, which had a great affect on things decades later.

And as much as I hate to say it, I don't think her case would have ever been brought forward in the spotlight if it wasn't for the assumption she was Princess Doe...I will try to find it on Unsolved, the segment on Princess Doe..I do know Diane was ruled out as not being Princess Doe.

I have spoken to her relatives and a family friend, and there definitely were more sightings than are mentioned in most of the online profiles. Unfortunately, the details are vague due to how long ago it was. I know a neighbor saw her shortly after she went missing, and I have communicated with this neighbor who says she and her sister saw Diane with a girl that lived on ___?__ Drive (in Diane's neighborhood - I can't remember the street name at the moment) and Diane's brother recalls that someone had reported seeing her at Jack In The Box but wasn't sure who that someone was... not sure if these sightings are one and the same. Most of the sightings I know of are so vague that they would cause more confusion than they would be helpful, which is why I haven't posted much about them. We also heard that she was with a friend Lisa (last name unknown) which could also be the same sighting. Lisa was a friend from school and her family wasn't sure exactly what street she lived on.

Then there was the widely publicized sighting at the mall in Daly City, and another vague sighting in Weimar, CA which is a little tiny town on the way to Reno. Her father lived in Reno at the time, so it's feasible that she may have been headed there. I'm not sure when the Weimar sighting was, though. I do know that the person who saw her in Weimar was talked to by the NJ police during the Princess Doe inv. and was considered credible. I'll have to go through my notes and see if I can find a way to post my info and have it make sense.

I have spoken to her relatives and a family friend, and there definitely were more sightings than are mentioned in most of the online profiles. Unfortunately, the details are vague due to how long ago it was. I know a neighbor saw her shortly after she went missing, and I have communicated with this neighbor who says she and her sister saw Diane with a girl that lived on ___?__ Drive (in Diane's neighborhood - I can't remember the street name at the moment) and Diane's brother recalls that someone had reported seeing her at Jack In The Box but wasn't sure who that someone was... not sure if these sightings are one and the same. Most of the sightings I know of are so vague that they would cause more confusion than they would be helpful, which is why I haven't posted much about them. We also heard that she was with a friend Lisa (last name unknown) which could also be the same sighting. Lisa was a friend from school and her family wasn't sure exactly what street she lived on.

Then there was the widely publicized sighting at the mall in Daly City, and another vague sighting in Weimar, CA which is a little tiny town on the way to Reno. Her father lived in Reno at the time, so it's feasible that she may have been headed there. I'm not sure when the Weimar sighting was, though. I do know that the person who saw her in Weimar was talked to by the NJ police during the Princess Doe inv. and was considered credible. I'll have to go through my notes and see if I can find a way to post my info and have it make sense.

Forgive me for quoting myself, but I've just submitted a PM

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6298

Not a lot of info on the UID, but she was found in Applegate, CA which is about 5 minutes from Weimar.

Oddly, the UID profile says there was insufficient DNA to create a profile, and dentals are unavailable, but there are 2 ruleouts. I wonder what method they're using.

There have been a few stories, publicized on Doe and Charley Project where people have left their old life, "gone missing" and continued to live with new identities. Some of them have died at ripe old ages, never having contacted their families. I hope that Diane is one of those people and that she'll contact her family at some point.

I joined her FB page and have had an interest in her case for almost 10 years, since I joined Doe. The answers are out there somewhere.

Hello, I've been a member for a long time but this is my first post. This is also the first time I have seen an image of Diane's necklace in entirety. In the past, the photo was cropped. The charm on her necklace apppears to be that of a marijuana leaf. I have one very similiar to it.

What a long time has passed since I or anyone else has posted here. To me, the marijuana leaf charm is significant to this case. Usually those who wear such jewelry are smokers of the herb. In the 70's, offering to share a joint was an offering of friendship. It was very common for strangers to bond over a smoke. Sadly, predators would use pot to lure native girls Into their clutches. That is what happened to me . I believe that the same men that abducted me were also responsible for Diane's disappearance. I believe the wife if one of the men was also involved. I am certain, however, that Diane is alive and very likely living in California, if not in Santa Clara County then probably in Southern California .

This case passed the 35 year anniversary last July. Have there been any recent reports or articles on it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back