CA CA - Dona Perry, 68, Santa Rosa Valley, 5 January 2016

Yes, that is why I was questioning what caused her not to go and why she was alone.

I am following 3 cases of women who have disappeared that are getting up in years and haven't been found. Very sad. Janet Sue Miller, Sally Allan, and now Dona Perry.

Waited for the family to post as this is a friends mom. She is suffering from Alzheimer's and had appointments she actually cancelled. At this point nothing other than her car have been found... :(

Waited for the family to post as this is a friends mom. She is suffering from Alzheimer's and had appointments she actually cancelled. At this point nothing other than her car have been found... :(

Yeah, the original announcement in the SRV group said she had Alzheimers but until now all the articles just said medical condition. Wasn't sure if the family wanted that known until now, but it is significant.

Someone with Alzheimers could easily get lost, but would they go off trail (more difficult to find)? I'd imagine they'd just wander the trails looking for a way back.

68 is fairly young to have to face that diagnosis. My mother was older when we knew but she had episodes in her late 60s and 70s where she had a lapse of memory. They called it a Transient Ischemic Attack. She drove into town for some errands. Drove home without any issues but came into the house and asked my dad why he had sold her old car without her knowledge. They had gotten it together a long time before! Freaked him out. She showed no other signs. Just an amnesia-like state that went away. Not saying that is what happened to Dona but she may have forgotten where she was suppose to be going and went to the trails where she had been before.

If they eventually end up finding this lady a 100 feet away from where her car was parked, I don't want anybody in here to act surprised. Yet another police search which is proving to be fruitless.

They need to open the area back up to the public and let them find her.

Moorpark woman still missing
[...]
Ventura County Sheriff deputies continued searching on Sunday for a Moorpark woman reported missing since Jan. 5.
[...]

A family vehicle was found on Thursday near the Gridley Trail around Ojai.

Searchers have been looking for Perry in the area since noon on Thursday and estimate they've spent 1,070 hours scouring the area to find her.

The search has included the use of rescue dogs and helicopters.

http://www.vcstar.com/news/local/mo...5d-06b6-321e-e053-0100007f3c7f-364818511.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they eventually end up finding this lady a 100 feet away from where her car was parked, I don't want anybody in here to act surprised. Yet another police search which is proving to be fruitless.

They need to open the area back up to the public and let them find her.

Something's not right here. I know these searches are tough, but 1070 hours and absolutely no clues found? Not even with dogs?

I wonder if she was attacked by a mountain lion. They tend to kill swiftly without much warning, and then bury their prey for safe keeping for later. Still, a dog probably would have tracked something. I've always wondered if the car was dumped there. That would suggest foul play but that doesn't really seem likely or even logical.

I am hoping they just aren't saying what they know, rather than truly having nothing to go on.

I am so sorry for this lovely woman and her family. Seems she'd always been very active and has done so many charitable things in her lifetime. I saw on her FB where she and her husband renewed their wedding vows just 3 years ago. Maybe she just didn't want to become a burden to her family later on.

Whether she is still with us or not, she needs to be found.

Aren't those trails fairly barren? Wouldn't searches from the air turned up something by now? I need to Google some photos. Where in the world is she??

I'm back! Not as barren as I thought. A lot of shrubs and small trees. Trees could be a bad thing and hard to find a body. :(

Missing woman case still a mystery
12508970_468906346634550_1333525095502501497_n.jpg

The circumstances surrounding a Santa Rosa Valley woman’s disappearance last month remain a mystery as efforts to find her have been unsuccessful.

Dona Perry, 68, was last seen by family members around 9 a.m. Jan. 5 before she left for a doctor’s appointment.

But police said the mother of nine, who had recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, canceled her appointment in Thousand Oaks and was not heard from again.

Two days later her car was found at the mouth of an Ojai hiking trail that leads miles into Los Padres National Forest.

Since then, volunteers have spent about 1,060 hours searching the rural area, but to no avail. Ventura County Sheriff’s Office helicopters have spent a total of six hours flying over the forest.

Sgt. John Wright said that although search-and-rescue efforts have been scaled back over time, the search for Perry continues.

“It’s not like it was the first couple of days, but it’s ongoing,” the sergeant said. “There is (no evidence) that has led us elsewhere, so our search efforts are still focused in that general area.”

According to her family, the missing woman was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s shortly before her disappearance, but she was still very independent.

https://www.facebook.com/Dona-Perry-Missing-468162236708961/

http://www.thecamarilloacorn.com/news/2016-02-12/Front_Page/Missing_woman_case_still_a_mystery.html

I don't think she would commit suicide without a note to her family.I don't think she would want to cause suffering to her family and have everyone out looking for her.Maybe she decided to go for a short walk and lost her way and suffered from hypothermia and has not been found yet.

http://m.thecamarilloacorn.com/news/2012-03-23/Neighbors/A_home_of_refuge.html

It's such a shame this lady hasn't been found. She clearly has a huge, loving heart.
This article is so interesting, they seem an amazing family.
Dona and her husband have led such a selfless life. They have three children between them, then went on to adopt six more children, all who had special needs. All these children have grown into well adjusted, achieving adults. One has a degree, another is a teacher, another a top athlete.
How sad that this happens to her at this stage of her life. I just hope for them to find Dona sooner rather than later.

I wonder if she was going for tests, if she was going to be told the results, or if she already knew she was terminally ill. (IF that was what was wrong. I am only surmising the "seriously ill" report.) If she were going for treatments or to get the results I would think she would have had someone drive her or at least be with her.

Maybe she refused to have others with her for her own reasons.

Assuming they've used cadaver dogs out there, I have to wonder if something else happened. Hopefully they've taken fingerprints inside the vehicle in case she was carjacked and the vehicle dumped to make it look like she is lost in the forest.

Still, Occam's Razor implies a hiking accident or suicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back