GUILTY CA - Dr. Han, wife & 5yo daughter brutally slain, Santa Barbara, 23 March 2016

just why, why do these perps think for one moment that they will get away with murder? for what, money? i know it be nice to have money, but its called hard work, not murder.:rose: rip Han family :rose:

Suspect arrested in Goleta triple murder

...all three suffered gunshot wounds and that their bodies were wrapped in plastic and duct tape and placed in the garage.

re Motive: Sheriff Bill Brown said early indications are that it was for financial gain.

:-(

RIP to the Han family with condolences to all who knew them

~jmo~

BBM I hope he faces the Death Penalty. These crimes were premeditated and cold, brutal murders to a family in their own home.

At 27, he managed to snuff out three good people from the face of the earth.
Found his fb page, empty, just his pic.
https://www.facebook.com/pierre.haobsh.1

http://www.edhat.com/site/tidbit.cfm?id=1215&tid=1394&art=167400
I read some of those comments about Dr. Han from his patients and he really helped so many people. In fact, there were so many glowing remarks about him, his wife, and little girl. I had tears in my eyes reading what people shared.

BBM I hope he faces the Death Penalty. These crimes were premeditated and cold, brutal murders to a family in their own home.

At 27, he managed to snuff out three good people from the face of the earth.

Found his fb page, empty, just his pic.
https://www.facebook.com/pierre.haobsh.1

http://www.edhat.com/site/tidbit.cfm?id=1215&tid=1394&art=167400
I read some of those comments about Dr. Han from his patients and he really helped so many people. In fact, there were so many glowing remarks about him, his wife, and little girl. I had tears in my eyes reading what people shared.

BBM

I have little doubt he will face the Death Penalty. I was just telling my husband about the case (he had been out-of-town). His response when I provided the details about the accused, "He wouldn't see another day of being 27 if it were up to me." And we are DP opponents!

This tragic crime has truly rocked the community. (I live near Santa Barbara but at the opposite end to the location of the Han residence.)

By its horrific nature (not to mention the age of the youngest victim), it will be widely covered in our local media.

Riddle me this: Just what financial gain did he win by murdering an innocent family of 3?

Heartbreaking!

~jmo~

Thanks shana for sharing any of the local news and your thoughts. Please keep us updated, if possible, as this case moves along.

This may not be Pierre Haobsh's first murders. He must be cold as ice especially if he befriended this doctor that everyone loved then killed the whole family.

I've been trying to figure out what big financial gain he hoped to get out of murdering an entire family. Was there a safe with a large sum of money in the house? Did he torture the doctor for the safe combination? I know he probably stole objects from the house, but there must be more to his plan.

The sheriff called the case "complex," "diabolical," and "premeditated."

http://www.keyt.com/news/triple-murder-investigation-begins/38675128

This case is somewhat reminiscent of others we've seen, McStay for example. But, until we learn more details, there is no known business association between Han and the accused, other than what's been alluded to in the Sheriff's comments. How did the accused benefit from committing this outrageous triple murder, including a mother and little child? There's a personal ring to it, or one which resonated with the accused. I wonder if he had ever visited the Han family home as a guest.

The UCSB campus paper weighs-in:

Suspect Arrested in ‘Diabolical’ Triple Homicide

(Sheriff Bill) Brown said Haobsh is a U.S. citizen of French descent who had been living with his father. Haobsh does not have a criminal record...

(District Attorney Joyce) Dudley said she will take into account the possibility that the murder was committed for financial gain and that Haobsh may have been “lying in wait” for the family.

More at link above, which also reports that the arraignment will be Tuesday after charges are determined.

~jmo~

I am wondering if the stolen material was possibly incriminating paperwork, rather than objects from the home.

Also interesting to me is that the perp apparently left the front door ajar, after having taken the time and trouble to secrete the bodies in the garage, presumably wrapped to delay earlier detection of a crime scene. <--That would have been a stupid, time-consuming, and unnecessary move since the couple were missed immediately on Wed morning as would their daughter be from her classroom.

I hope there are some surveillance cam videos available from neighbors/stores along the route to the house.

~jmo~

re local coverage:

IMO, the Santa Barbara News-Press does not serve the community insofar as it asks for a hefty fee for online access. We have far better alternatives with the local/Central Coast TV stations, the Independent, Noozhawk and edhat.

~jmo~

The more I think about it, I question why the killer went through the trouble of wrapping the bodies in plastic and duct tape, and placing them in the garage.

It wasn't going to buy time before someone realized they weren't around. It seems people would start looking for the doctor quickly, as they did. I guess he didn't expect people to go to the house, but when they did, dummy killer had left the front door ajar.

Two other business associates of Han went to his home after he failed to show up for a meeting &#8212; something they told authorities was highly uncharacteristic of him. The associates called authorities when they found the front door ajar and the family's cars parked outside. Deputies subsequently performed a wellness check on the doctor when the bodies were found.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/2...n-deaths-california-herbalist-his-family.html

Triple Homicide Investigation

Santa Barbara - March 25th, 2016 UPDATED

Bolding mine...

During the course of the investigation, detectives developed information that pointed to a business acquaintance of Dr. Han’s as a possible suspect. That person was identified as 27-year-old Pierre Haobsh (Hau-Psh) a U.S. Citizen living in Oceanside, California. Preliminary indications are that he was recently involved in a business transaction with Dr. Han.

He became ill, was transported to the hospital for examination and was medically cleared. He will be booked at the Santa Barbara County Jail on three counts of murder.

Full narrative at the Sheriff's site linked above.

~jmo~

Oh sure, he felt kind of sick after his arrest, not when he was wrapping those three dead bodies.

I think I read somewhere he was driving a red Lexus.

Deputies conducted a surveillance operation on Haobsh and spotted him driving in unincorporated San Diego County at about 12:30 a.m. Friday. They followed him to a gas station in Bonsall, where he was arrested, Brown said.

Detectives recovered a loaded 9mm handgun and an unspecified item that belonged to one of the Hans.

Haobsh has no criminal history, the sheriff said. Investigators have not released a suspected motive for the crime, though they say "financial gain" was believed to be behind the case.

Dr. Han ran the Santa Barbara Herbal Clinic since 1991, with his wife working alongside him in the office, Brown said.

The couple's daughter, Emily, would have turned six on Saturday.

Haobsh was arrested at the intersection of SR-76 and and Olive Hill Road in Bonsall just after midnight Friday morning.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...illing-of-Santa-Barbara-Family-373593651.html

Triple Homicide Investigation

Santa Barbara - March 25th, 2016 UPDATED

Bolding mine...

During the course of the investigation, detectives developed information that pointed to a business acquaintance of Dr. Han&#8217;s as a possible suspect. That person was identified as 27-year-old Pierre Haobsh (Hau-Psh) a U.S. Citizen living in Oceanside, California. Preliminary indications are that he was recently involved in a business transaction with Dr. Han.

He became ill, was transported to the hospital for examination and was medically cleared. He will be booked at the Santa Barbara County Jail on three counts of murder.

Full narrative at the Sheriff's site linked above.

~jmo~

Thank You shana. Can't ask for more accurate information than from this site. I'm very impressed with the LE investigators and how efficiently this arrest went down.

http://www.sbsheriff.org/03241601.html

He brutally killed a 5 yr old for 'financial gain?' :mad:

The only significant thing I have been able to find regarding Pierre Haobsh, is he is listed as Webmaster at DocFoc.

http://www.docfoc.com/ip-registry-form

He seems like an underachiever in an otherwise high achieving family. But, since we aren't supposed to bring family into it, I won't. Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see if a guy who apparently drives a Lexus, and who may or may not be a 'webmaster' elects to hire his own attorney or chooses an appointed attorney.

District Attorney Joyce) Dudley said she will take into account the possibility that the murder was committed for financial gain and that Haobsh may have been “lying in wait” for the family.

Shades of the sievers case where it is thought that the perps were lie in wait also. and also, the motive for both of these cases is greed :(

The Latest: Suspect's sister condemns Santa Barbara killings

Nadine Jolie Courtney, a beauty blogger and author, said in an email Saturday that Pierre Haobsh is her brother.

(Finally, an article to confirm their relationship - I've been sleuthing all afternoon for a legitimate reference.)

Nadine is also mentioned in this latest article from the CBS affiliate in the Bay Area:

Chinese Herbalist’s Family Of 3 Killed In Santa Barbara County; Man Arrested

“We cannot wrap our minds around this tragedy and are in a state of shock,” she wrote on behalf of herself and her husband.

~jmo~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Just Cami
Back