GUILTY CA - Dr. William Ayres for child molestation, San Mateo, 2007 #2

I am sorry to report today that a victim of Dr. Ayres has died. His name was Mark; he was 44; and was the father of two children. He was a talented pianist and could play anything from ear.

Mark's life went into a downward spiral after Ayres was arrested in 2007. He had several DUI's; got divorced and spent time in jail for drunk driving.

Although Mark never liked to talk about the abuse at the hand of Ayres; the pain and anguish in his voice was ever-present and it would haunt me for days after I spoke to him.
This is the third Ayres victim I know of who has died. One named Alan died in a motorcycle crash in 2005 not long after writing a tragic email saying that no one was going to help the Ayres victims.

Mark himself told me three years ago that he had a death wish. I am just so angry that it has come true. If there are any Ayres victims reading this, please, please, don't end up like Mark and Alan.

I know you most likely distrust therapists, but there are some good ones out there. A compassionate therapist can help you through your grief.

Oh Mercy-this is patently unfair. Do you know if he was within statute or outside of it?

RIP Mark-we are doing our best to fight for you and all the others. :(

I want to express my gratitude to San Mateo Deputy Police Chief Mike Callagy for reaching out and trying to help Mark before he died.

My heart goes out to Mark's family and friends as they must be reeling. I have to believe that Mark has found some peace and that his untimely death will be marked by those fighting this battle.

Sometimes the pain is just unbearable. I live with the fear of losing one of my children in this manner every moment of the day. We've weathered something like 30 attempts which we know of. I try to keep communication open and resources available but one never knows what's in another's heart.

I received a response from the CA State Bar-they will get back to me when they have completed their investigation. Just to refresh, I sent a letter in regarding the Ayres case and how it had been handled to date.

Thanks, Believe09. Others who have filed complaints have received the same response from the Bar.

Www.williamayreswatch.blogspot says that possibly a date will be set tomorrow for a trial to determine Ayres' mental competency. (Even though two doctors have said Ayres is mentally competent to stand trial, his lawyer is insisting on this trial.) The blog says, "This will be the fourth attempt to try to squeeze a trial date for the THIRD attempt at a Competency to Stand Trial Trial out of Jonathan McDougall, william hamilton ayres' lawyer. Anyone taking odds?"

FWIW, I never received any verification that my email had been received nor any notification from the bar. And I included the information that I was the parent of three young men adopted from the SM foster care system in the 1990s.

Missizzy: All complaints to the California Bar have to be made in writing, not through email.

FWIW, I sent mine delivery confirmation requested Priority Mail. :) Worth the 5.00.

Good to know there isnt a rush to judgement here....grrr.

He is a lucky man-if he were your garden variety janitor who is closet pedophile, he would be fending off other inmates in prison right now. :(

Today I went to a memorial party for Mark Doe, the Ayres victim who died a few weeks ago. I had always suspected that the abuse of Mark by Ayres was worse than what we have heard from other victims.

Today, this was confirmed by one of Mark's oldest childhood friends. She told me, in tears, what Ayres had done to Mark. If only Mark had been able to reveal this to the police. If he had, Ayres would not be out in bail but would be in jail. She did tell me that Mark said that Ayres bargained with Mark: "If you let me do this to you, then I will make sure you won't go to juvenile hall, or I won't tell your parents about the things you've done."

The friend was in pain as she described what Mark had told her about the abuse.

Mark's emotional state was very tied to a conviction of Ayres. Shame on the San Mateo District Attorney's office for failing do do their job on what was supposed to be a slam dunk case the first time around.

Mark is the third Ayres victim to die- that we know of.

I wish I could go into the details of the abuse but I must be prudent. Websleuths readers: if you can imagine the worst, then you get the picture of what Ayres did to Mark Doe.

Thank you for reaching out to those who love this poor man. He was so brave for so long.

I am sorry Mercy.

As for Ayres, well he may be trying to wait out his accusers but the Levine case should demonstrate to him that justice comes. Perhaps late, but it arrives.

Given what I know now about the severity of the sexual assault perpetrated by Ayres upon Mark Doe when he was an adolescent - and my belief that Ayres perpetrated a similar violent act on a victim who is now living in Providence, Rhode Island, it is my strong belief that the police need to put Ayres under surveillance. NOW.

A man has just come forward to say that he was molested by a prominent child psychiatrist who worked at Judge Baker and Children's Hospital from 1947 to 1974. The victim was molested in 1949. I can't can't name the doctor (who is deceased) until the victim gives me the go-ahead.

This child psychiatrist was at Judge Baker with Ayres and later with Donald Lee Rife, who was busted in three states for molesting boys.

Oh my God, this thing drags on and on and I'm so disheartened and disgusted.

I never received a reply email either - I wish one of these child safety organizations or foundations would raise enough money to pay for private and stealth surveillance of these monsters. Perhaps if there is enough mud on the faces of law enforcement and officers of the court, they will DO something.

Ziggy- Did you complain to the California Bar Association or to the San Mateo District Attorney's office?

You can't email a complaint to the California Bar. It has to be done in writing. If you complained to the San Mateo DA's office, I wouldn't expect that they would respond. They're into covering themselves big-time these days.

Surveillance is an excellent idea.

It was the DA's office. It was a while ago too. The Bar is an interesting idea - I'll have to cogitate on exactly the proper way to word it being a 3L here in the state and all.

Yes! I notice a lot of missing children raise money to go into searches etc. but I wish someone would just get on the wagon to fund "we are watching you" programs for sex offenders who are living around and possibly interacting with children. They would never know if they were being watched or not and video of their activity would be broadcast so that if they were violating any order they would go back to prison and if they were simply a danger to society, others would be made aware and judges would be harsher on them God forbid they should show up in court again for similiar acts.

Sometimes the justice system just does not have a good solution. It's a problem. And sometimes as in the case of San Mateo County, it IS the problem.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back