GUILTY CA - Dr. William Ayres for child molestation, San Mateo, 2007 #2

WTH-there is enough credit here to go around...why can't she just say thank you, interview the witness, add them to the witness list and move on? Maybe there is some association we are missing other than the obvious ones with Ayes and the county? Not being nasty, just puzzled.

You nailed it. Some citizens have done an enormous amount of pro bono investigative work for the San Mateo District Attorney's office. Without that work, the DA would have had no case. They seem to have not only taken that stellar investigative work for granted now but have gotten very, very lazy. There's no excuse at all for them not having looked into Ayres' training.

At this point, after a mistrial, which was largely due to the fact that some jurors believed that Ayres was trained to do genital exams to boys, the San Mateo DA's office should be siccing their own investigators on Ayres' Yale and Boston training. Instead of criticizing the doctors who trained with Ayres that a citizen found a year before Ayres was arrested on their own time and dime (despite what the prosecutor says, one of them by the way, said he has no recollection of being contacted by the DA's office) the DA's office should be hustling to track down more doctors who trained with Ayres themselves. They should have found the prominent doctor who trained at Yale with Ayres themselves. Aren't they curious at all about his background, and Ayres' dark journey from Boston to California?
Instead of breezily telling the parents of victims at the most recent hearing just over a week ago that "Ayres is just hoping he dies before this gets to trial again" and not showing much frustration, the DA's office should be showing some hustle and anger and doing what they can to scare Ayres. There's more evidence out there for the asking - if only they had the will to go find it.

The San Mateo DA's office doesn't appear to want to go that extra mile. They don't appear hungry to nail Ayres. Or, maybe it's just not that they're all that good.

This is a very sad situation. After all of the years this man has been free to molest boys, it's time to make him suffer the consequences. This dragging on forever while he is a free man is galling. I'm tired of these men getting away with this until the very end of their lives. It is wrong and it must be stopped. All of them must be stopped.

I'm tired of these men getting away with this until the very end of their lives. It is wrong and it must be stopped. All of them must be stopped.

Belinda: This case should have been a slam dunk. Twin pediatricians Dr. Mark and Dr.
Scott Blankenburg were arrested in Ohio in March 2009 on 75 counts of child molestation (boys), child *advertiser censored* and bribery. One doctor was convicted a mere nine months later. His brother immediately pled guilty. This was a far, far more complicated case than the Ayres one.

The fact is, it was a less than vigorous preparation before the case that led to a mistrial in the Ayres case.
There was no reason on earth why Ayres could not have been convicted earlier.

Why the prosecution permitted Ayres' lawyer Doron Weinberg to get away with saying that genital exams of boys in therapy were "standard practice" and - get this one - "the accepted norm "when Ayres was training in the 1960s just boggles the mind. The East Coast doctors who trained with Ayres don't understand how the prosecution did not vigorously investigate and challenge such a lie. Because the DA'soffice did not, there was a mistrial. A former juror told me that some jurors kept saying during the deliberations "Ayres said he was trained to do genital exams, so it must have been the norm."

The reality is this: You won't find any doctor at Harvard or Yale who trained with Ayres in the 60s who will say this is true. The ones we've talked to - dozens and dozens by this point - are disgusted, horrified and outraged by Ayres' assertions.

This case was lost on the fact that the DA permitted Ayres' lawyer to imply that this was standard practice. The DA should have shot that down immediately and should have gotten some top guns from the places where Ayres trained to say - as they all say now- that Ayres' assertion that genital exams in therapy were the standard norm - was just stuff and nonsense. The East Coast doctors say they are stymied and puzzled as to why Ayres' training wasn't brought into the trial.

The prosecution got punked by Ayres' lawyer.

All states need to ditch the statute of limitations on child sexual abuse. It often takes many years before someone feels strong enough to come forward with accusations. Furthermore, there are so many cases of children who tried to disclose but were ignored or had their statements considered "unsubstantiated" (I despise that word), then suddenly, it's too late. Outrageous. Something must be done to open the doors for these victims.

Someone I have reason to believe was a troll posted a comment on the william ayres blog recently saying that Detective Rick Decker was off the Ayres case. This is not true. He is still the lead detective on the case and any victims who have not yet contacted him should do so!

Detective Rick Decker
San Mateo Police Department
Investigations Bureau
(650)522-7654
rdecker@cityofsanmateo.org

If anyone is attending the Oregon Shakespeare Festival this year in Ashland, Oregon this summer, keep an eye out for Ayres and his wife Solveig. Two years ago, immediately after a judge had determined that the search warrant in the case was valid, the Ayres attended the festival. We know this because Solveig posted comments on a blog about the festival. Specifically she made comments about a play about fat people, and observed that they were unhappy with their lot in life. A victim wrote in to the blog. Solveig made the comment that the case against her husband was a " modern day witch hunt."

The moderator of the blog deleted her comments and the victims, although her name still appears here,http://www.artscatter.com/general/ashland-report-words-fail-and-rescue-the-festival/

While Ayres and Solveig gallivant off to Shakespeare Festivals and the Opera in San Francisco, his victims suffer.

Although, of course now that Ayres' new lawyer is having a jury to decide whether Ayres is mentally competent, it might not be such a good idea for Ayres to be seen out and about enjoying himself.... scarfing down enormous quantities of food at restaurants, and at musical events.

Mind you, last year he was seen at the opera without his walker, which he pretends to rely on so heavily in the courtroom.

Missizzy- keep an eye out for Ayres in your neck of the woods this July!

Now that Ayres will be having a jury trial to determine his mental competency - even though two doctors have determined that he is mentally fit to stand trial again for the criminal case- he has asked that the October jury trials for his molestation civil suits be postponed. There's a hearing in July to determine this for the civil suits by Greg Doe; Clark Doe; Mark Doe and Manuel Doe. Victim Eric Doe - who just filed his case this past March- does not yet have a trial date. The good thing is that Ayres is going to have to keep shelling out money for all these lawyers. He has a different set of lawyers for Greg Doe. Greg came forward at the age of 15 in 1987 to police and to Childrens' Services to say he had been molested. He has official documentation of his complaint as a teenager. The other victims do not . Ayres must be very worried about the case of Greg Doe.

Case CIV467743 - GREG DOE VS JOHN DOE 1 ET AL

10/04/2010 9:00 AM DEPT. PJ JURY TRIAL. TIME ESTIMATE: 10 DAYS 00:00 HOURS.
09/15/2010 9:30 AM DEPT. 7 MANDATORY SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE
09/07/2010 9:00 AM DEPT. LM MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT AS TO 1ST AMENDED COMPLAINT OF GREG DOE FILED BY JOHN DOE 1
07/20/2010 9:00 AM DEPT. PJLM HEARING: MOTION RE: TO CONTINUE TRIAL DATE FILED BY JOHN DOE 1
06/21/2010 NOTICE OF MOTION TO CONTINUE TRIAL DATE FILED BY JOHN DOE 1

Hi All--In a very round about way I've come upon a name which I've wondered has ever been linked to Ayres. Wilhelm Reich. Sounds like the proverbial mad scientist. I cannot make a honest judgement on the man's character from what I've read although I have some strong suspicions. He's got quite the story and long after his death, quite the following.

This is what I've learned. Reich was born in 1897 in Austria/Hungary and had one totally tumultuous childhood. Make sure you don't miss his early brushes with sex, farm animals, or suicide. He became a psycho-analyst and even worked with Freud. The Nazis ran him out on a rail due to his publications concerning youth and sex. He was obsessed with harnessing human energy from orgasmic power and also had theories about cosmic power, peace, sexuality and cloud-seeding. His greatest work was an invention called the Orgone Accumulator.

He fled to the US in 1939, meeting with Einstein, and I was shocked to learn that the USDA burned most of his works and materials. (FWIW, I find that downright frightening.) He traveled around the country, lighting in Maine, Kansas (linking up with beat poet, William Burroughs), Arizona, and the Pacific Northwest. Imagine my absolute shock to learn that Ashland, Oregon is currently the Orgone Accumulator Center of the world. I about fell out of bed. Is it a small world or what? Sadly those interested have missed the sign up date for the Sex-Economy and Orgone Biophysics training. The classes are held at a site in the mountains about 10 miles east of Ashland, called The Greensprings. A Dr. James Demeo seems to be the resident Orgone expert.

http://www.orgonelab.org/ (lots of pages, links, info on seminars, etc.)

I knew, in reading the wiki article that there was a creep factor but it wasn't until I read the comments beneath the Tuscon article that I pinned it down:

http://tucsoncitizen.com/paranormal/2009/11/03/ufos-orgasms-and-the-occult-the-tucson-connection/

From a comment at the above link:

"There are many adult survivors of the Reichian cult. We are in the process of collecting stories of child abuse, both physical and sexual. I was raised in a New York City family who were part of the cult. We later moved to New Jersey. If anyone reading this has a story to tell, please contact me. I was brought to see sadistic pedophiles at the age of three and seven, spent time with the Reich family in Maine as a child, and was basically experimented on by these people. I hate to see the romanticization and elevation of Reich, he was a tormented, misguided meglomaniac...."
Posted by SS (name at link) November 4, 2009

Dr. Demeo of Ashland responds with great anger and consternation. He whole-heartedly believes that Reich was the victim of a smear campaign. I do not know the truth. I merely find it surprising that I've never heard of either of these men and I've lived in Ashland for 17 years. I'm related to a scientist and a number of possibly overly-educated Burners. I would have thought I'd picked up on it.

So, Reich trained others in his techniques and some of their victims have spoken out. Notice, as we see again and again, the victims are shouted down. "It couldn't have happened."

Reich died, in prison, in 1957 but his work carries on. I'd love to hear of any possible connection with Ayres or Gajdusek.

I really do not want to misalign a brilliant man. I cannot gauge the efficacy of Reich's work. I have a tendency, though, to look beyond the brilliance and the published articles and the awards and check on the children. Something tells me that we might have a problem.

I welcome any enlightenment that can be offered.

Some interesting links:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Cq...&resnum=2&ved=0CB8Q6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

An interesting interview with Dr. Reich concerning genital examination within the context of psychiatric treatment. I'm noting several books that seem to include discussions of Dr. Reich's examination practices but they don't seem to be available on the web.

http://energeticsofaddiction.blogspot.com/2009/02/dr-reich.html

"Finally the orgone needs to unlock from the surface and concentrate in the genitals (scary proposition when there has been so much taboo in our culture against sex) and the movement of orgone in orgasm to the surface. The waves of orgone in release in mutual orgasm is the clearing of all doubt. When satisfied one knows that the release from addiction is in feeling complete orgasm. No need for addiction when one feels the satisfaction of understanding the true meaning of connection and orgasm."

http://www.wilhelmreichmuseum.org/about.html

The Care of Infants

"The Wilhelm Reich Infant Trust was so-named because of Reich’s devotion to infants and children. He wrote eloquently and passionately about the importance of safeguarding the emotional health of infants and children, often referring to their “unspoiled protoplasm” and “unarmored life.” And in his Last Will and Testament he charged the Trust with devoting part of its income to “the care of infants everywhere, toward legal security of infants, children and adolescents in emotional, social, parental, medical, legal, educational, professional or other distress.” Reich went on to stipulate that the “lower cabin” (his former living quarters at Orgonon, now called Tamarack) shall be used “as a summer home for children.”

Since 1988, from July through August, the Trust has donated this cabin free of charge to adoptive, foster, and kinship children and their families who could not otherwise afford a summer camp experience as a family. Every summer eight families get to spend a week at Tamarack which offers quiet, seclusion, access to the shores of Dodge Pond with their own private dock, and the opportunity to be together in the beauty of the Rangeley Lakes region....."

http://www.sonoma.edu/users/d/daniels/reichlecture.html

Thoughts on children's sexuality, armoring, masturbation.

http://www.longleaf.net/ggrow/wilhelmreich/index.html

"Focus on children

By the late 1940s, Reich began to doubt that he could rekindle enough adults to make a difference, so he increasingly directed his efforts toward children. Reich was an early advocate of progressive child-rearing, breast-feeding, home births, natural foods, discipline through natural consequences, a trust of the child’s inborn feelings, and other practices that seem quite contemporary. He worked increasingly to preserve the spark that children are born with, in the faith that when such children grew up, they would bypass the evils of the fallen condition and bring light to a new world."

So much of Reich's work sounds fascinating and resonates with me and my philosophy of child-rearing. What is it that leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth? I really do not want to be jaded--seeing evil where there is none. But just when I let down my guard, I hear the pleading voice of a victim crying out.

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board/viewtopic.php?t=10427

"MY CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCES WITH REICHIAN THERAPY

By Susanna Steig

I was three years old. What I remember: my mother leading me down the long, dark hallway of our New York City apartment. The cold, tiled hallway. A bus. Going up the stairs of a concrete building, cold, huge and scary (a warehouse, I now realize)......."

more at link/be cautious due to possible triggers

story after story after story

A police officer I know asked me if Ayres had been a member of the Childhood Sensuality Circle, founded in San Diego in 1971. Here's some info on it:http://www.victimsofviolence.on.ca/rev2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=356&Itemid=46

Childhood Sensuality Circle (CSC)

CSC was formed in 1971 by a retired social worker calling herself Valida Davila. The CSC have several pamphlets such as "*advertiser censored* for Children," and "Letters from Sucky Lucy, Age 11." They have gone so far as to draft "A Child's Sexual Bill of Rights." They list nine things that they feel should be accessible for children. Some of these are:

the right to experience sensual pleasures without shame or guilt.
the right to learn lovemaking as soon as he or she is able to understand.
the right to loving relationships, including sexual relationships, with parents, siblings, or other adults and children.
the right to a sex life based on natural desires without regard for tradition.

This "bill of rights" is nothing more than a self-serving wish list for pedophiles. Fortunately, a police raid in 1987 put Davila and the CSC out of business.

God Bless America. Ayres is hoping to pass away before he ever makes it to trial, hmmm?

I wish he had to wear a GPS. As a condition of being out on bail.

Well, isn't this something! In 1995, eight years after the police raided the home of Valida Davila, founder of the pedophile organization, Childhood Sensuality Circle, the Vegetarian Times did a puff piece about Davila being a vegetarian in a nursing home. There's nary a word about the police raid or her sordid past in the story. Sounds like she - or her son- duped the editors:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0820/is_n212/ai_16845848/

The lengths that very intelligent people will go to in order to satisfy their prurient lust.

http://www.ipce.info/host/radicase/ch_13_text.htm

Seems that Ms. Davila was a follower of Reich. Also at this link is this statement:

"And across the nation on the Eastern seaboard, another tussle has produced some surprises. It all started in Boston, Massachusetts, in 1977, when the nationwide crackdown on sexual nonconformity was a its height. In the 'Revere' case (named after the district involved) twenty-four men were indicted on charges related to a supposed 'sex ring' in which boys aged between nine and fifteen were said to have taken part."

http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...serid=10&md5=928ae2bf613d587681f906eb2f9b6da3

The indignant page: Techniques of neutralization in the publications of pedophile organizations

Note: I cannot open this entire article, only the abstract. I was led to it by a quote that must show up in the full paper; "...Valida Davila, a former student of Wilhelm Reich...."
That's more than a little disturbing.

And here, once again, this article linked below proves that Ms. Davila was NOT a nice woman, indeed. The man testifying should know:

http://zandvoort.morkhoven.org/wordpress/?p=363

"During this time, 1975 and 1976, I was actively involved in the San Diego-based pedophilia organization, the Childhood Sensuality Circle (CSC), which I understand your subcommittee examined briefly in your hearings last November. I corresponded with Valida Davila, the head of the CSC, and did some typing for her. As was the practice with the CSC, Davila also put me in touch with other pedophiles. I can’t stress enough that this group and others, regardless of their publicly stated goals, are in practice little more than contact services for pedophiles. These groups serve as a reinforcement for pedophiles and a constant source for new friendships and, thus, a supply of new victims....."

more at link

It seems like so many of these people are connected underground. Pedophilia networking at its finest. Egads.

Missizzy has just posted an investigative piece into the dark childhood of pediatrician Dr. Earl Bradley over at the Bradley thread.

So many similarities between Bradley's and Ayres' MO.

I have to laugh when I think of how many times Ayres has tried to pass himself off as sort of a pediatrician in addition to being a child psychiatrist. Which he wasn't.

The Bradley case shows that pediatricians - who at least have the excuse of giving legitimate physical exams - can also be pedophiles.

Also in both cases, doctors did not act on the warning signs of these pedophile doctors.

Too bad the reporters covering the Ayres trial were not inclined to dig into Ayres' background. There are surely some skeletons in his closet as well.

Bradley investigative piece:
http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100627/NEWS/6270315/1006/NEWS

Anyone here remember the case of Maryland child psychiatrist Dr. Miguel Frontera? He had his medical license suspended last year for molesting boys. I just saw this story, but it says that not only has his license been permanently revoked, but now the Baltimore police have reopened an investigation into him after new information has come to them.http://www.marylandaccidentlawblog.com/2010/05/maryland_medical_malpractice_p.html

Unlike Ayres - who will probably go to his death bed insisting that there was a medical reason for groping the genitalia of boys - Dr. Frontera actually admitted to the police that "there was no medical reason " for him to be touching boys.

Anyone here remember the case of Maryland child psychiatrist Dr. Miguel Frontera? He had his medical license suspended last year for molesting boys. I just saw this story, but it says that not only has his license been permanently revoked, but now the Baltimore police have reopened an investigation into him after new information has come to them.http://www.marylandaccidentlawblog.com/2010/05/maryland_medical_malpractice_p.html

Unlike Ayres - who will probably go to his death bed insisting that there was a medical reason for groping the genitalia of boys - Dr. Frontera actually admitted to the police that "there was no medical reason " for him to be touching boys.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back