CA CA - Elena Roy, 83, walked away from home, Fallbrook, 3 Nov 2021 *Reward*

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Police Searching for 83-Year-Old Fallbrook Woman Reported Missing Since Wednesday – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

SDSO-Missing-Elena-Roy.jpg

Elena Roy was last seen Wednesday around 1:30 p.m. near Woodcreek Drive in Fallbrook, according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.
  • She is white, 5'4" tall and weighs about 120 pounds.
  • She has graying dark hair and wears glasses.
  • Deputies say she was last seen wearing a tri-tone (white, light blue and dark blue) top with dark pants.
  • She may have early-onset dementia.
Anyone with possible information about Roy's whereabouts was asked to call the sheriff's department at 760-451-3100, or 911.

NOV 7, 2021
83-year-old Fallbrook woman still missing - The San Diego Union-Tribune (sandiegouniontribune.com)
[...]

The missing woman’s husband, CC, told Village News on Saturday that Roy, who prefers to go by her maiden name Lorea, has had “incrementally increasing dementia” over the past four or five years.

[...]

CC said Roy went missing between 1:30 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. on Wednesday. “As we got fairly close to dusk, I went out and looked for her,” he said.

Hundreds of people joined in a search for Roy on Friday, according to her son, JS. JS said he was hoping someone in her neighborhood near McDonald Street and Woodcreek Drive would have video that captured Roy.

[...]

Fallbrook Substation on Twitter
MISSING PERSON @ RISK @SDSheriff @SDSOVista @SDSOSanMarcos

[URL='https://twitter.com/SDSOFallbrook/status/1456307125332758528']10:07 AM · Nov 4, 2021
·Twitter Web App[/URL]

NOV 8, 2021
UPDATE: Husband of missing Fallbrook woman shares his story as search continues - Village News
[...]

"It has been gradually getting worse over time," he said. "She did take off on me one time when we were at Grocery Outlet and she got mad that I was trying to adjust her mask. Before I knew it, I turned around and she was gone. That was disconcerting."

Cataldo said the last time she disappeared about a year ago she did turn up before dusk.

Cataldo said they have lived in Fallbrook for the past eight years and that Roy's children did not want the couple to get married.

"They were sure, they were sure I was the wrong guy for her and if it wasn't for the pastor, we probably wouldn't have been able to get together," he said, adding that she is the "light of his life."

"I would die for her," he said. "I would die for her right now today to have her back and that is no joke."

According to Cataldo, the couple are together all the time. They were, he said, inseparable.

"Part of the problem is that she gets bored in Fallbrook, she does have incremental dementia," he said, adding that she went missing between 1:30 and 1:45 p.m. Wednesday. "She can carry on a sparkling conversation with you, problem is she can't tell you where she lives or her phone number or even how to get back here."

He said the last time Roy disappeared the people who found her took her to the sheriff substation and that is what he thought would happen this time as well.

[...]

UPDATE: Saturday, Nov. 6, 10 a.m.

According to Private Investigator Tony Campbell said that E. from Fallbrook Auto Works, who is Roy's regular mechanic, said he said he spotted her Wednesday on the East side of Main Street.

"E. thought that was between 1 and 2 p.m. and she was headed north on Main Ave," Campbell said. "He was 100% sure it was her. He did not know if she was carrying a purse."

Campbell also spoke to a gentleman named R. on the Promenade who said he talked to her the same day.

Campbell talked to three LDS missionaries who were out walking downtown and they said that one of their peers had seen the woman yesterday near Fallbrook High School.

Campbell is currently reviewing security camera footage from businesses throughout Fallbrook trying to map a path that Roy may have taken.

Volunteers needed in search for Elena Roy today

Volunteers needed in search for Elena Roy today

The family of Elena Roy is asking volunteers to meet at the Fallbrook Community Center and Park at 341 Heald Ln in Fallbrook on Sunday, Nov. 14, at 9 am.

Elena Roy, age 83, is still missing after walking away from her home Wed. Nov. 3. Roy's family reports she has dementia.

Searches have taken place every day by Roy's family and community volunteers, in addition to flyers being placed around town in English and Spanish. Search and Rescue spent 48 hours utilizing helicopters, dogs and volunteers. Since then, family, Sheriff detectives, and Private Investigator Tony Campbell have been looking at videotapes of surveillance cameras from businesses around town and talking to people who have possibly seen her in the days after her disappearance.

Not liking this. Going off the first MSM above, the article is dated 11/7. Now it's with the Homicide Unit! Family wasn't supportive to their marriage ( according to him) FLAGS! Praying I'm wrong and she is found safe. IMO

NOV 19, 2021
Elena Roy search volunteers needed Saturday morning 9 am - Village News

s_topTEMP350x700-8610.jpeg

[...]

in addition to hundreds of volunteers, Search and Rescue and the Fallbrook Sheriff's Department, the family has also been working with private investigator Tony Campbell and search and rescue expert Rena Salomon. Roy's husband Chris Cataldo said, "both of them have been nearly superhuman in their efforts on her and our behalf."

Salomon of the HEART Foundation has been assisting the family. She's known as "Angel in a Hummer" for her work after hurricane Katrina rescuing people out of the floodwater in New Orleans. H.E.A.R.T. Stands for Humanitarian Emergency Aid Response Team, and according to Soloman, she works internationally & nationwide traveling to major catastrophic natural disasters.

[...]

NOV 20, 2021
Fallbrook community continues to search for missing woman | cbs8.com
[...]

DS is one of the leaders in Saturday’s search in Southern Fallbrook.

She and a few dozen friends and strangers are looking for Elena Roy, who was last seen November 3 entering the Grocery Outlet in Fallbrook.

"We actually have footage of her there, so it's been almost three weeks now that she's been gone," said DS. "We are just…we're devastated, and we want answers."

[...]

"My husband's grandmother is a wonderful person. She could light up a room," said DS. "She doesn't deserve to be out there; she will want to be here with her family. So, we just need to get her home."

[...]

"It warms my heart that everybody is helping us. Perfect strangers have come forward with information," said DS.

NOV 21, 2021
Search continues for missing Fallbrook woman, family thanks community for its efforts - Village News
[...]

As of press time, Elena Roy, who turned 84 this week, is still missing after reportedly walking away from her home Wednesday, Nov. 3. Roy, who suffers from undiagnosed dementia, according to husband CC, is an avid walker.

The two, CC said, had a minor disagreement before Roy walked away from the home that day.

"I thought I was just giving her some space. It wasn't unusual for her to go for a walk."

[...]

"There were around 100 volunteers and members of the Fallbrook community who came out to assist in searching a grid of 1.5 to 2 mile radius beginning at Elena Roy's home," said Salomon of the HEART Foundation, who has been assisting the family. "The volunteers went door to door requesting homeowners search their yards and assisted residences with each property search. Roadways, bushes, parks, tree lines, stores, abandoned vehicles, nearby ravines, large fields and waterways were checked by the volunteers and Elena was not found or any of her belongings."

[...]

Roy was last seen Wednesday, Nov. 3 by her mechanic downtown near Main and Elder streets. It was reported that dogs had also picked up her scent but it ended when they got to Main and Elder Street as well.

It wasn't unusual to see her walking around town, but when it became dusk, her husband called the Sheriff's Department to report her missing. Afterward Search and Rescue spent 48 hours utilizing helicopters, dogs and volunteers to find Roy with no success.

[...]

This is so frustrating to me!
From the article:

“CC said Roy went missing between 1:30 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. on Wednesday. “As we got fairly close to dusk, I went out and looked for her,” he said.”

“He said the last time Roy disappeared the people who found her took her to the sheriff substation and that is what he thought would happen this time as well.”

So many questions and red flags all over the place…What does “undiagnosed dementia” mean? Most importantly is
WHY IN THE WORLD would he wait that long to go look for her if she had to be taken by strangers to the sheriffs station the last time she wandered off???

MOO IMO

This is so frustrating to me!
From the article:

“CC said Roy went missing between 1:30 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. on Wednesday. “As we got fairly close to dusk, I went out and looked for her,” he said.”

“He said the last time Roy disappeared the people who found her took her to the sheriff substation and that is what he thought would happen this time as well.”

So many questions and red flags all over the place…What does “undiagnosed dementia” mean? Most importantly is
WHY IN THE WORLD would he wait that long to go look for her if she had to be taken by strangers to the sheriffs station the last time she wandered off???

MOO IMO
It's possible the husband is of an advanced age and has his own issues as well. That's the most humane explanation I can think of.

Terrain looks like she could easily be missed by searchers.

This article has one little tidbit about the argument BBM:

"Cataldo tells ABC 10News Roy has early onset dementia and the two argued on Nov. 3 about the placement of a picture frame. He said she stormed out of the house around 1:30 PM; when she didn’t return hours later, he said he called to report her missing, then notified her family".

https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...NyPZoutWQIzLkfEjx_I2OctNhNYXhoVcRArMYNS7tAvmo

Another thing:

“It’s really been hard on the entire family; it’s been super hard on me,” Cataldo said. “We’ve been together for 14 years, and she was the love of my life, plain and simple.”

(Was the love of his life? Hmm, why not say she is the love of my life? Past tense might not be a good thing).

Also just curious about why her family didn't support their marriage?

This article has one little tidbit about the argument BBM:

"Cataldo tells ABC 10News Roy has early onset dementia and the two argued on Nov. 3 about the placement of a picture frame. He said she stormed out of the house around 1:30 PM; when she didn’t return hours later, he said he called to report her missing, then notified her family".

https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...NyPZoutWQIzLkfEjx_I2OctNhNYXhoVcRArMYNS7tAvmo

Another thing:

“It’s really been hard on the entire family; it’s been super hard on me,” Cataldo said. “We’ve been together for 14 years, and she was the love of my life, plain and simple.”

(Was the love of his life? Hmm, why not say she is the love of my life? Past tense might not be a good thing).

Also interesting:

DS said Roy was seen wearing the same sweater in surveillance footage from the day before.

“We do have a photo of her going into the grocery store, shopping around with her husband, and then leaving the grocery store with her husband, and that was on the second,” she explained. “And she was wearing the same clothes that she disappeared in as well.”

100% agree, something feels off about what he says

I wonder if the children agree about the dementia?
And also kinda strange she was wearing the same thing from the day before.

100% agree, something feels off about what he says

I wonder if the children agree about the dementia?
And also kinda strange she was wearing the same thing from the day before.

Yeah I really hope LE asks her physician if that is an accurate diagnosis.

My mind always plays different scenarios and at first I thought well, hanging a picture and having an argument could mean a hammer was involved. But if she was seen on camera after, that would not pan out (thankfully).

I truly hope she is somewhere safe and will come back home.

JMO but I really see nothing that indicates red flags about the husband at this time. I’ve seen innocent mates and parents use “was” about their missing family member before. Many innocent people don’t want to jump the gun and call LE right away. Undiagnosed dementia may mean that he has noticed these changes but she hasn’t been willing to see a doctor. Perhaps she had money from her late husband and the children didn’t want this new guy to get his hands on it. Or maybe they don’t like his personality or political views. A homicide unit automatically takes over after 30 days according to one of the linked articles. And has no one here who is retired ever worn the same outfit two days in a row?

This very likely will have a tragic outcome that does not involve the husband. I have trouble imaging how and where he could dispose of her body. And wasn’t she seen out walking by a mechanic or someone that afternoon? I could be wrong about him, but it just seems unnecessary to pick at him without stronger evidence. I’d personally rather be wrong about assuming he’s innocent than wrong about suspecting him of foul play. JMO MOO, etc.

Last edited:
NOV 27, 2021
Update: Missing Person – Fallbrook | News Release | San Diego County Sheriff (sdsheriff.gov)
[...]

On November 13, 2021, the Sheriff's Homicide Unit accepted Elena's missing person case. The reassignment of missing persons cases to the Homicide Unit does not denote suspicion of homicide and administratively occurs on all missing persons cases where the person is outstanding. Detectives at the Fallbrook Substation thoroughly investigated the case and utilized multiple resources to attempt to determine Elena's whereabouts.

Homicide detectives re-contacted Elena's husband and her family. Homicide detectives met with the Sheriff's Search and Rescue (SAR) who had conducted a large-scale search in Fallbrook for Elena shortly after she was reported missing. The area of the Santa Margarita riverbed was identified as an additional search area.

On November 27, 2021, about sixty volunteers with SAR conducted an exhaustive all-day search of the riverbed area. The specially trained SAR volunteers searched the expansive area on foot as well as utilizing off-road vehicles, canines, and drones. The Sheriff's Dive Team also responded to search a shallow pond and a river in the area. Despite their efforts, Elena was not located and her whereabouts are still unknown.

[...]

Search and Rescue continues search for Elena Roy - Village News
Hundreds of volunteers and family have searched for the last three weeks in the local fields, hills, ravines, and creeks along the highways, and areas where she's walked to before with no success. Elena is 84 years old as of last week and is reported to be an avid walker.

NOV 28, 2021
Large-scale search fails to locate missing Fallbrook woman (10news.com)
The sheriff's search and rescue volunteers conducted an all-day search of the Santa Margarita riverbed Saturday on foot, using off-road vehicles, dogs and drones, he said. They searched a shallow pond and a river in the area but could not locate Roy.

Extensive search fails to locate missing Fallbrook woman - (kusi.com)
Cataldo told Village News that Roy, who prefers to go by her maiden name Lorea, has had “incrementally increasing dementia” over the past four or five years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back