CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if LE had her go to the hospital to check out her "head injury" that knocked her out for hours? She was only partially clothed, did they check her at a hospital for any assault on her as well?

On the news it showed her being taken away in an ambulance, so I assume she was taken to the hospital. The police said the details she gave were inconsistent.

I'm going to guess mom killed her daughter and made the rest up. I could be wrong, but this is usually how these things go.

I am trying to be neutral, but I think this is most likely what happened.

Now the below comment is interesting. I added the word (was) as I think it was left out in error.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/03/dead-toddler-wa.html
(snip)
Authorities said the body was dumped sometime over the last 24 hours. The Sheriff's Department had spent most of last night trying to find the child. But detectives found several inconsistencies in the mother's story and received information that suggested Emma Leigh Barker (was) in Mission Hills, and dead.

Wow what a beautiful little girl. So sad :(

Has anyone heard anything about Emmas father?

Now the below comment is interesting. I added the word (was) as I think it was left out in error.

(snip)
Authorities said the body was dumped sometime over the last 24 hours. The Sheriff's Department had spent most of last night trying to find the child. But detectives found several inconsistencies in the mother's story and received information that suggested Emma Leigh Barker (was) in Mission Hills, and dead.

RIGHT!! They weren't being clear if the person who gave the tip was the mother or not. Which means she most likely was the one who led them to her little body. I am guessing the new boyfriend was the motive.

(snip)

In the news article, it mentions a "violent attack" regarding the incident. I'm confused because the first news article in the beginning is where the mother claims she hit her head on the steering wheel. Did she change her story to LE, or did I misunderstand?

ETA: I just watched the news stories and I now see that the mom stated that she was struck from behind and hit her head on the steering wheel. So it sounds like she's saying that someone else....caused her to pass out. Not buying it, IMO

Thanks for the link. Beautiful little baby.

I'm trying not to make judgements here, but I remember when I was hit in the forehead when the back of an SUV trunk slammed down on me.

It was so painful and shook me up, yet I drove home and put ice on it. I never passed out. After hearing the mom's story of hitting her head on the steering wheel, I can't imagine her being knocked out. JMO

I agree, Something just is not adding up to me. Hinky meter is on high alert.She was a very beautiful baby.

Yes she was. I have a 14 month old and would die if anything every happened to him.

I wonder if the mother's car has a tracking system and that is how LE knew where to find the baby's body?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jFy1qdK6c1vUwTRoHS6MDvv_EAZQD971D38G0

(snips)
Within a few hours several inconsistencies in the woman's story emerged, Nelson said.
"Further investigation led unfortunately to the discovery of the body of the toddler," he said. It was found late Thursday morning in the Mission Hills area of Los Angeles, about a 50-mile drive from Lancaster.

What a beautiful baby! Looking at the photo's on Myspace, she looked like a loving mom but we all know that looks can be deceiving. I hope they find out soon what really happened. God bless the family of this poor baby.

I would love to see a picture of the mother. You can tell alot about someone with just a picture.

I think you are right about that Sporky. This case is so odd like you couldn't even make it up! :confused:

LOS ANGELES (March 19) - Authorities on Thursday found the body of a toddler believed to be an 18-month-old girl reported missing by her mother, who said someone knocked her out while she was putting the child into her car seat.
The 20-year-old mother, whose name was not released, was not in custody and was cooperating, said Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Pat Nelson.
"At this point I would not term her a suspect. That may change as circumstances develop," Nelson said.
The mother told authorities she last saw her daughter, Emma Leigh Barker, at 5 p.m. Wednesday while putting her into a car seat at Lancaster City Park in northern Los Angeles County, Nelson said.
The mother said she was knocked unconscious by someone she didn't see. She told investigators she woke up at 10:30 p.m. Wednesday in her car in a parking lot in neighboring Palmdale and her daughter was missing, and she contacted sheriff's deputies 30 minutes to an hour later, said Deputy Aura Sierra.

http://news.aol.com/article/toddlers-body-found-along-freeway/390465

Why did the Mother wait so long to call for help?
I'm not buying it!!

We need lots of answers to lots of questions on this one. Poor little girl!

Story sounds hinky, but I sure hope not.

FYI, This is also being discussed in the Crimes in the News thread for awhile now as well.

There are photos of the mom and of her daughter and related news articles from today.

Such a sad story, the little girl is so beautiful.

From the same article
"Within a few hours several inconsistencies in the woman's story emerged, Nelson said.
"Further investigation led unfortunately to the discovery of the body of the toddler," he said. It was found late Thursday morning in the Mission Hills area of Los Angeles, about a 50-mile drive from Lancaster."

Doesn't sound good IMO.

Just found out there is a 2-page thread on this in "Crimes in the News" forum here.

can you please give a link, I can't find it? :blowkiss:

Officials Probe Possible Abduction Of 18-Month-Old is the title in Crimes In the News Thread underneath the Up to the Minute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven