GUILTY CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #2

I think that once you abuse a child, you should lose your rights. If you go to prison, upon release, a mandatory tubal should be performed immediately. Then there would be no worries, no chance, no more opportunities for them to hurt a child again. This is just my opinion.

Thanks again LCM- Your updates are something I find myself looking forward to in my busy life. Thank you for keeping us in the loop with the other girls and their site also :blowkiss:

I am so upset to hear about Anthony. May he find the help and rest he needs to recover from losing his first daughter. Im sure there are a lot of issues he needs to clear up after hearing about his relationship/lack of with Emma(which I blame SB for afetr hearing the things he has shared with y'all). I blame no one BUT SB, and I hope that adds to her list of transgressions in life. I will keep A in my prayers. God Bless him. :angel:

SB has caused so much hurt and pain to SOOO many people, let alone took the life of her prescious baby Emma. Does she even comprehend the lives she has ruined???? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

LCM, your article is heartbreaking, but it really points to the apparent fact that Emma's death was downright deliberate murder. That woman knew what she was doing, imo.

Thank you very much, I started that in January and just under the wire finished by the night of 18th. It was one of the hardest pieces I've done because so many of us have come to feel that we lost something by SB's actions. But we can't come close to the pain of the Barkers and I never want to add to their heartbreak.

I've never for a second believed this was not premeditated - especially after doing some simple math regarding the time lines. Bold is what we found in court, following the bold is what I found regarding what we found in court.

Stacey "worked" until 2 PM (according to her bff Amber) So figure 30 minutes to get home and changed - then feeding Emma a lunch-able (according to family) before leaving "to go to the park."

Emma had no real food in her stomach, the types of food that comes in a lunchable takes 2 to 3 hours to digest. So 2:30 to between 4:30 and 5:30. She claimed they were leaving the park at 5PM. (not that we can believe her. I cant wait to hear what her cell phone records prove...)

Re: the Dimetapp - Emma was found to have 2x the dose for her age! The Coroner said Emma should have .15mpl allergy med in her system if the baby had a reaction, but Emma had .30mpl.

More damning than the level in her system when she died, is the possibility of how much she had in her system before she died. This is what I discovered (the active ingredient) Phenylephrine: Drug Information Provided by Lexi-Comp: Merck ...

http://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98fr/04-24423.htm

*DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
*Food and Drug Administration [Page 63482]

It takes 20 to 40 minutes to fully administer the medication orally

*The elimination half life of phenylephrine is between 2 and 3 hours

What I found is oral dosing of Dimetapp takes 20 to 40 minutes to fully enter the system so we can split the difference and call it 30. (close enough for our purposes)

The elimination half life, or how long for 1/2 to be out of her system is 2 to 3 hours. If sb dosed Emma before they left the house and since she lived long enough for her food to be digested, she lived long enough for 1/2 the Dimetapp to be out of her system and yet at autopsy they found twice the dose she needed... Did she actually give her almost 4 times the dose she would have needed for an allergic reaction? (which btw according to the ME, she did not have an allergic reaction requiring her to be medicated)

We originally understood the state was going for special circumstances, but there has been nothing of late to support this. So all we can do is our best to let the state know how we feel. In CA prisoners now are credited almost 3 days for each day served. That is not right.

I think that once you abuse a child, you should lose your rights. If you go to prison, upon release, a mandatory tubal should be performed immediately. Then there would be no worries, no chance, no more opportunities for them to hurt a child again. This is just my opinion.

MMD You are too kind, I thought a hot poker applied to the correct body parts is more appropriate and no need for anesthesia... :thumb:

Thanks again LCM- Your updates are something I find myself looking forward to in my busy life. Thank you for keeping us in the loop with the other girls and their site also :blowkiss:

I am so upset to hear about Anthony. May he find the help and rest he needs to recover from losing his first daughter. Im sure there are a lot of issues he needs to clear up after hearing about his relationship/lack of with Emma(which I blame SB for afetr hearing the things he has shared with y'all). I blame no one BUT SB, and I hope that adds to her list of transgressions in life. I will keep A in my prayers. God Bless him. :angel:

SB has caused so much hurt and pain to SOOO many people, let alone took the life of her prescious baby Emma. Does she even comprehend the lives she has ruined???? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

CG - my problem is I don't think she cares... that bothers me sooo much.
from the first she has given attitude, like the day Det Nava told about her attitude in the hours following Emma's "disappearance" being so cold and no emotion for Emma who was "missing".

One of the detectives claimed all she talked about was her headache and only mentioned Emma's name 2 times and that was in her claim she was a good mom and would never hurt Emma.

If my baby were missing they could not get me to a hospital, until I knew detectives had all they needed to find her and I fell unconscious.... Not sb. So much like KC, just not as well practiced at the lies. (Or the 31 days to make up really bad ones.)

It has been fascinating to read all of the "inside" information on this horrendous story. This sweet baby deserved so much better than she got. Just like Casey Anthony, this woman is completely narcisstic and cares only for herself. I think these women have these kids because they think it will bring more attention to themselves. When the child gets more attention than they do, trouble soon follows. It seems we have an entire generation with significant numbers of narcisstic young people. It is a sad state of affairs.

Lcoastmom thanks again for the update.

As for the pictures of the innocent, true it is very difficult to see them as we know what was lost looking into those eyes. They way I feel on it is I can suffer, I can be sad, even depressed, as it is nothing to what these wee one's suffered. Working on the pictures helps me to cope and remember what they were before abuse, before death, that the light that was stolen is something we should never forget.

As for the pictures of the innocent, true it is very difficult to see them as we know what was lost looking into those eyes. They way I feel on it is I can suffer, I can be sad, even depressed, as it is nothing to what these wee one's suffered. Working on the pictures helps me to cope and remember what they were before abuse, before death, that the light that was stolen is something we should never forget.

Silvahalo - That was beautifully well put. I was very moved by your post.

You are so right and put very eloquently. I had a beautiful album full of pictures of Caylee, many that I had edited, changed the lighting or added toys and things that she may have played with. That computer was involved in an accident while in transit to HP and I was never able to replace them. It was like losing her twice (not that I "lost" her the first time) but you know what I mean...

I found a treasure trove of photo's of Emma, some that I gave to A7xMommy to add to the memorial site she made, (link in the 1 yr memorial) the rest I figured I'd use after the trial but I have only played around with a couple this time...

Something that I have noticed, we have been privy to many a family album here; many that have more photo's than one would expect to see - and I realized that in the months leading up to the loss of these children - there is a significantly drop in the number of photo's in the albums. Caylee who was photographed more that Jon Gosselin (self proclaimed most photographed man in the world last year) granted KC dumped photos but I would guess she didn't just dump new ones, Emma who had tons of first Christmas photos when she was an infant - had many less her second Christmas, none of her little 16 mo old self opening presents just a couple on a little scooter with her GPa.

It truly makes me wonder when the perp starts removing the child from their life mentally....

i have been thinking pretty much the same thing lcoastmom.

there are so many pics were caylee and emma appear to be so happy..and you'd never guess what monster (or in caylee's case, monsters) are living with them.

klb Way back when, everyone was so in love with the darling Father's Day Photo's & video of Caylee with her GGrandpa, and the pictures CA took that day, I had noticed such a dramatic change, those photo's of Caylee just broke my heart. She looked like she had been ill or thru some terrible trauma. I could not understand how could CA not have seen what was so blatantly obvious? Well now we know KC didn't fall far from that tree...

20090323_155346_0.jpg 20090323_154748_1.jpg 20090323_155002_0.jpg

I finally figured out thumbnails! I feel so accomplished the first picture shows her normal happy self, the next two are her 1st BDAy I don't have the one with sb in this file, but you can see the difference...

There are pictures of Emma's first BDAY, IDK if she was woken up from her nap, or not feeling well but sb is all smiles and poor Emma (who alway's had a smile!) was not a happy camper. Mind you the only pictures are Emma in her high chair and sb giving her a cake but sb was completely oblivious..... So sad for these these babies...

well didnt you hear? casey was ' a great mom!' just ask her.....she''ll tell you.

im guessing emma's 'mom thinks the same.......

klb Way back when, everyone was so in love with the darling Father's Day Photo's & video of Caylee with her GGrandpa, and the pictures CA took that day, I had noticed such a dramatic change, those photo's of Caylee just broke my heart. She looked like she had been ill or thru some terrible trauma. I could not understand how could CA not have seen what was so blatantly obvious? Well now we know KC didn't fall far from that tree...

..... So sad for these these babies...

CUT FOR SPACE

You are so right LCM. I know you worked hard on those lost pics( I forgot how long ago that seems!).

The pics you posted are haunting. I hope that sweet baby just woke up- They are about the saddest baby's b-day pics I recall seeing.

Thanks for your hard work- You know I luv ya and respect you friend :blowkiss:

LC,

I know what you mean I am swimming in thought along with you

AGAIN a wasted day of TAX Payers MONEY for the bus, breakfast, lunch and the cost of LEO'S to watch over the criminals.....SB was not in court, she was in route from LA still at 10am, so Dager said when she arrived he wanted to see her for 5 min's so she could sign some papers, then she would be on the bus right back to LA....Girls, I think she is going to take a deal, her next court date is 4/29/10....that was all that was said today!

Dager made it a point to talk louder then usual when he said that (signing some papers) and he was staring straight at Ange and TD when he said to the family that there was no use in staying as she would not be seeing Judge Z today....

BB showed up today, the Grandparents and the other Grandfather but no one else this time, even Cromer was MIA today Craig from the AV Press was also in attendance.

Can you think of anything I didn't write here?

I will see you on the 29th bright and early again....

I also think this will be over soon, I feel the People supporting her want to keep the details that have not yet come out, NOT to come out in a trial..I can't help but think the jail calls and her attitude while in jail is damning to her.

I happened to see Det. Nava coming out of the court with what I think was the LAPD Lawyer as I was returning....(stupid me, I had something in my make up bag that the court thinks can be used to hurt someone so I had to either throw it away or take it to the car....$28 bucks for them so I took them to the car) LOL. I don't know if she was there for SB or some other case.

Anyway All I will be there and here on the 29th...you all take care okay...
ttys T

Well friends and cohorts, it is not looking good for the Home Team this week. But if the worst happens, we can at least know we tried our best. Every day for the last 13 months.

I guess we will have to hope and pray that there is a just GOD up in Heaven who knows more than we about these things and just maybe when sb is released - a great big driverless bus will go haywire and plow her down as she attempts to take her first breath of fresh air - trapping her between a brick wall and a hard place - so as she struggles against a force too big for her to budge - she knows what she put an angel through and that can be her last thought as she heads straight for h*ll.

KBL could I interest you in some bird hunting if my magic bus doesn't show up?

Probably not by coincidence sb's bff stopped by and left a comment at NP, the first time since she got her notice to appear/summons or save the date card in November. She didn't have much to say but signed off with "hopefully this will be over soon, very soon."

One of our new members whose relative works with Mr Barker took her 2 lil ones to Emma's grave at their request. She didn't know what the regulations were about leaving trinkets so she brought a book and read a story to Emma and her boys. That made me cry harder than the news of the probable deal. Such a sweet gesture - something her own mother decided she no longer wanted to do...

I am supposed to be in California later this month, if I make it by the 29th I will be there when sb shows up to take her deal if that is what it will be - and if all is well I will be there for her sentencing. I'll get it posted ASAP.

I need one more good cry, right now before going to sign my taxes...

Take Care my friends.

CUT FOR SPACE

You are so right LCM. I know you worked hard on those lost pics( I forgot how long ago that seems!).

The pics you posted are haunting. I hope that sweet baby just woke up- They are about the saddest baby's b-day pics I recall seeing.

Thanks for your hard work- You know I luv ya and respect you friend :blowkiss:

Back at you, Sweetie! :blowkiss:

whoah, what????????/ she's getting out????????/ why????????????

whoah, what????????/ she's getting out????????/ why????????????

The 1st deal we heard was 15 years, offered by the state, which the esteemed Mr Public Defender turned down. (He was having sb tested by some shrinks at the time or was waiting for results or some damn thing.)

I guess she is not crazy in an insane way, just crazy like a fox - next he was looking into "False confessions" guess that did not pan out either.

LCMom
"Emma's murders' next court hearing will be 09/09/09. I was told today by someone who knows that the DDA is offering a deal of 15 years. It is not known at this time if this is 15 yrs w/o parole or 15 years with parole. If it is with parole s.m. will be eligible for parole in just under 8 years. Words can't describe how this makes me feel."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4133033&postcount=114

Quote LCM
OK It sounds like a deal was offered and turned down and her PD is going for an insanity plea. We'll have to wait til the trial to know for sure. At one point during the hearing the DDA made the comment "Since she didn't do it" No one who has been following along believes she will be able to carry it off but I guess she can try if she wants...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4144246&postcount=117

This was a rumor but it was offered by a relative, someone who had no reason to lie or even send a note to any of us and answer a reply to satisfy she was who she said. So it seems legit. If she had taken 15 yrs (rather than 25 to life) if it included a parole (we do not know this) she could have been out in 7+ yrs.

Currently CA in a major budget deficit. According to Judge Zacky, convicts are being credited 3 days for every 1 served. (I guess that includes being held pre trial) IDK I'll check on this...

The PD and his "client" have been off ever since DDA Comer said she had requested the log from the IA at the jail.

We know she doesn't care, IMO she was putting on a big act coming into court with ratty hair or if she was sad and blue it was because she couldn't be out partying with her friends. The bottom line is I think every single person writing here cares more about Emma and her loss than sb ever will...

She admitted to smothering her baby in a recorded session with LASD. What could she have done in jail that is worse than what she did to be placed there in the first place? Actually I don't care what she was doing in jail, she can party til the cows come home as long as she is in jail.

So while she won't be out this year or next yr - she will be out way before she serves enough time to make a dent in making up for the life she took

god dont give me a heart attack :(

and im sooooo sick of hearing how cheap california is. chelsea and amber are dead cause of how cheap they are arghhhhhhhh

Todays hearing was attended by Tori and written by KatFish of katfishponders: http://katfishponders.blogspot.com

There was another short hearing held 4/29 in Lancaster, Ca in the Stacey Barker murder case. Just a few short notes from our friends who attend the hearings and share with us:

The defendant's bus was late again coming from the Central Regional Detention Center. While waiting for the defendant to appear, DDA Kelly Cromer and PD Roberto Dager had a "little side conference" in the jury box. Our friend said Dager said "something" to Cromer, to which Cromer was heard to laugh and say," The only deal I'll go for is 15 to Life." With that the discussion was over until the Barker was brought up to the courtroom. (keep in mind this was just part of a conversation that was over heard, so should be evaluated on that basis, not as fact pertaining to this case, just something you might have heard as well if sitting in the courtroom)

Something that was put on the record is Judge Hayden Zackey's desire to get a court date set in this case. PD Dager told the court he needs more time to interview more witnesses and there was still a question of some discovery.Judge Zackey said," I would like to start TRIAL within the 60 days, this is getting OLD." Zackey added, "I understand the nature and gravity of the crime, but I would like to proceed with trial soon." (Tori's thinks the "this is getting old " statement was in reference to the defendant being brought to court, 90 miles one way, and nothing being accomplished.Given the financial crisis in CA that seems a reasonable assumption.)

Another hearing date was set for June 7 and court was recessed.

Our friends noted that Stacey Barker was in GREAT spirits today. When she entered the courtroom she said hi to her boyfriend in a flirtatious manner, during the hearing she was bouncy and laughing with her attorney, and when she was led out of the courtroom by the bailiff (despite an admonition earlier in the case not to have make any contact with the gallery) she turned in a "coy" way and said "BYE" to her family...kind of like she was somewhere other than a court of law.....bidding farewell to her fans. ( LOL, whatever)

Check back, our friends will attend and give us an update of what happens in court on June 7. Hopefully there will be a trial date set so there can be some Justice for Emma.

In this writer's opinion, getting to the Truth = Justice
Knowing the trial was supposed to start in April, one would think the PD would at least have been thru his witness list - in the last 13 mos he has had to prepare!!

Like Judge Zackey, I can appreciate the nature and gravity of the crime. Rushing justice would likely come back and bite the courts collective backsides repeatedly; and when a perp is released on a technicality - Justice Fails, big time. But driving ms b. 180 miles round trip, twice a month, wasting the courts valuable time, is ridiculous.

We can't allow any of defendant Barkers 'rights' to be shuffled to the side, we get it. I need to know: where does a baby killer get off having such an air of entitlement? How is that she can walk into the courtroom and look family members in the eye? Looking like she is playing at being the star. That, I don't get.

A former coworker who told us months ago about LE taking the hard drive from sb's computer at work came by again - she shared again how she and sb had lunch together (several former coworkers claim she was always stand-off'ish at work.) She said she knew something was wrong when a week before Emma was murdered (my word) sb removed Emma's photos from her desk at work...

This
case IMO is so very premeditated - Why is she not up for murder 1?

cause the baby attacked her right?

this whole thing with her saluting her 'fans' she is like casey anthony's twin.

ty for being there for emma always, lcoast mom

I'm sad tonight - my heart has been away from Emma Leigh Barker. When I popped in and read this insightfull article, all the memories came flooding back. So many remind me of Casey Anthony too. It's sad to know that my heart is so full of missing children that I'm forgetting some. Darn near breaks my heart.

Hard to believe it's a year, and the bio-mom is only charged with 2nd degree. Wonder what the accident was - if there ever was any. I live very close to Lancaster/Palmdale and would like to sit in on the trial if I could. I'll have to go search to see if there's one forthcoming.

Thanks,

Mel

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/emma-barker-its-been-year-march-18-2009-march-18-2010

cause the baby attacked her right?

this whole thing with her saluting her 'fans' she is like casey anthony's twin.

ty for being there for emma always, lcoast mom

LE or the defense must have something to show this was an accident -- otherwise it would be Murder 1. I don't get it, which is why this case has just moved to the top of my list.

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back