GUILTY CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #2

I am so very glad baby Emma Leigh momster is sitting right where she deserves to be. I only wish ICA was also. I am so glad baby Emma Leigh was found quickly.It breaks my heart that so many beautiful children are Murdered by pure evil and the selfishness from the one who is suppose to protect them at all cost.

ETA I have not posted a lot but have read here since the beginning, You have done a great job keeping baby Emma in our hearts and mind.

LCM- Hiya Busy One :seeya:

Thanks for the info on SB's CDC info. I had a bad day, and Im sick of seeing IS and HLN run CA into the ground, so I decided to write our momster a lil note.......My note turned into 4 pages and I encourage EVERYONE to vent your frustrations on young moms who killl their precious ones and think they will get away with it.

In one way, I hope there arent more momsters who try this seeing how they got away with both Caylee's and Haleigh's deaths. Im not sure if she will read it, but I hope it eats her up everyday of her life!!!!!!!!

Still waiting on accessory charges???? PLEASE???? TTYS :highfive:

Thanks for the update LCoastmom! I am also waiting for charges against BB!

Wow 2035!!! That seems like thousands of years away for me, imagine for her! :) JMO

BTW- meant to welcome you dancing_chipmunk and got sidetracked. Websleuths is a wonderful true crime forum that will not only break your heart, but brings justice to the idiots who harm others!!!!

I'm glad you joined us for Emma's case, and hope to see you on more forums.

:welcome4:

Chicogirl36 :seeya:

Another heartbreaking case! I came here during Caylee's murder's trial and have stayed. I just found this topic on the current posts page. What a precious and beautiful soul dear Emma. I will never EVER understand how a mother can take the life of their own child. I love mine so much I would lie in front of a train to protect her.

Emma Baby I know you are with the angels now, and I hope you are playing with Caylee!

Wow, I just read through both threads last night and this morning. What a sad case! I have never even heard of it before.

I have to say also, thank you for LCoast and others for advocating for this little girl and making sure no one forgets her. What a horrible senseless act this mother did. How dare she. :(

Isn't it though 2gf! Emma has justice and Judge Z handed SB her posterior in a most wonderful way.

Juror number 8 (a young dad) came by and shared with us:

Her emotion did matter to us very much- or her demeanor you could say. What we saw was a lack of remorse and the ability to turn tears on and off. We heard from multiple police officers how she was able to stop and start crying, and I found that during her interviews that she became more emotional in later interviews (like she was supposed to) when Nava said she wasn’t very caring.

When the verdict was read, I did not see an ounce of anything in her expression (similar to how she appeared on tapes during interviews). So, yes, I saw through the ruse. I also saw the same defensiveness on the stand when Kelly caught her in a lie, which is the same defensiveness when she was lying during interviews. Her testimony neither hurt nor helped her case. In my opinion, enough evidence was there either way.

[re letters to X] Many of us read the letters; I read them for purposes of establishing her demeanor after the fact. Again, there was no remorse, and they were very sexual and immature. She spent a lot of time writing fantasies and expressing future desires (marriage, etc.). Some were disturbing, and not something someone who truly cared about the loss of a daughter would write, especially to someone whom he/she had just met.

For me, the “smoking gun” was the blood in Emma’s nose and the double dose of Benedryl (which to me along with the made up story and the lies in the texts while she was driving, demonstrated premeditation). A meticulous mother of an 18 month old would not give a double dose of any medication for any reason.

It was a hard case, and five of us stayed behind to thank Kelly for her service in such a hard case; for a prosecutor she cared very much for Emma. I’m very impressed by her.

[Re BB] I think most of us (I definitely do) believed he was involved after-the-fact, but not with the actual murder. He was most likely lied to after the murder, but he’s still an accessory. With the scent dogs picking up a driver’s scent going eastbound on S, it’s pretty evident he was there. Plus, it’s impossible to get to Stacey’s house from Brendon’s in the amount of time he did after Stacey’s initial call unless he was on stand-by. We were there, however, to examine Stacey’s guilt, so that was fairly irrelevant.

We did examine all of the applicable evidence when coming to a final verdict, and we took many votes- one at the beginning to see where we stood, and then several others (if I had to put a number on it, I’d say around 5). I don’t think we ever really moved from murder, but many were torn between second and first degree murder (I never moved from first degree because of the evidence presented). Three people had trouble with premeditation, so there was a lot of speaking out against other, what I considered unreasonable, interpretations of her actions. We also had read back from several testimonies to refresh the memories of several jurors.

Her demeanor was very problematic for many of us, and even if she wasn't the emotional type, her behavior was evidently faked many times.

WoW! Consider this against what the jurors said about the FCA trial. Mind boggling. :(

Salem

Salem, seeing GUILTY in this thread title is such a relief. Sometimes I have trouble believing it really happened, especially after the FCA trial/debacle. Mind boggling is the word.

Two crimes - so similar in nature, witnesses who lied on the stand, a passionate prosecutor, an unlikeable defense attorney and a defendant who could turn the emotions on and off like a faucet. I'm so thankful the jury saw her for what she is, a baby killer.

That mailing address may come in handy, the anniversary of Emma's 4th Birthday is coming up, thinking SB might need a reminder.

A warrant was issued on 8/19 for Brendon Borrelli on charges of perjury and conspiracy. The conspiracy charge evidently is for filing false reports to the police - not going to try to figure out what the state is up to, Ms Cromer kept us guessing the whole time leading up to SB's trial so we'll see when we see.

BB turned himself on Aug 22nd to avoid being arrested and was released on OR by Judge Steven Ogden. He is scheduled to be arraigned on Sept. 8. (We will be there to see this thru!)

Will update as more information becomes available....

The timing is interesting, on Aug 15, BB announced to his friends that he was moving to Valencia. I wonder if that plan is now scrapped?? :innocent:

OMG! Great news!!! This brought a huge smile to my face this morning...

I was wondering about writing the letter as suggested above, do you think that will have any effect on her?

OMG! Great news!!! This brought a huge smile to my face this morning...

I was wondering about writing the letter as suggested above, do you think that will have any effect on her?

Hey MorenoI! No kidding! We got a rumor a few days ago and waited until it could be verified, boyo is going down! Ms Cromer is ticked at the judge and whoever let BB know this was about to happen, she wanted his butt arrested! Amazing that Emma is getting all the justice she deserved while across the country we are still seeing FCA get away with murder!

Will the letter have an effect on SB? IDK, she was emotionless in court for 2.5 years, only turning it on for the jury. I'm letting her know we haven't forgotten Emma or what she did and we aren't going anywhere!

Hmmm I might just do the same. I wrote a letter once to a momster and she never replied, how shocking right?

But seriously after FCA I was losing hope...I have to believe god has a plan and trust that it will be done...if not I might just lose my mind wondering how this could have happened!

A warrant was issued on 8/19 for Brendon Borrelli on charges of perjury and conspiracy. The conspiracy charge evidently is for filing false reports to the police - not going to try to figure out what the state is up to, Ms Cromer kept us guessing the whole time leading up to SB's trial so we'll see when we see.

BB turned himself on Aug 22nd to avoid being arrested and was released on OR by Judge Steven Ogden. He is scheduled to be arraigned on Sept. 8. (We will be there to see this thru!)

The timing is interesting, on Aug 15, BB announced to his friends that he was moving to Valencia. I wonder if that plan is now scrapped?? :innocent:

WOW LCM- lol,
It feels good knowing we predicted this years ago, and were hoping that something would happen to him after SB's trial. I am so happy, but wish Emma's case could have recieved more media attention than a couple nights on NG, but then agaian, SB got convicted and thats what matters. This way, the world full of smother/killer moms won't think its easy to get away with like FCA.
<modsnip>, but THANK YOU and the girls for keeping us up to date. I love ya for it. Hope all is well. :woohoo:TTYS.

WOW LCM- lol,
It feels good knowing we predicted this years ago, and were hoping that something would happen to him after SB's trial. I am so happy, but wish Emma's case could have received more media attention than a couple nights on NG, but then again, SB got convicted and thats what matters. This way, the world full of smother/killer moms won't think its easy to get away with like FCA.
<modsnip>, but THANK YOU and the girls for keeping us up to date. I love ya for it. Hope all is well. :woohoo:TTYS.

Been waiting for you!! I'm so glad the State is pushing JUSTICE FOR EMMA all the way. This has me smiling from ear to ear! Both charges against BB are felonies!

There is a rumor circulating that someone related to BB is also on the State's radar. What an awesome job Ms Cromer and LE has done!

Maybe we need a Kelly Cromer Fan Page on FaceBook!

Been waiting for you!! I'm so glad the State is pushing JUSTICE FOR EMMA all the way. This has me smiling from ear to ear! Both charges against BB are felonies!

There is a rumor circulating that someone related to BB is also on the State's radar. What an awesome job Ms Cromer and LE has done!

Maybe we need a Kelly Cromer Fan Page on FaceBook!

I'll be among the first to "Like" right onto That page!

MHO: Maybe the small amount of press that Precious Baby Emma's case got has helped justice to be served up without the distractions of the camera's and talking heads...Everything about justice went wrong for Precious Caylee and maybe the 3-ring circus was a big part of the problem...Anyway, Kelly Comer is my Hero, as she is not "shy" to go after the perps who had anything to do with the murder of Emma Leigh...God Bless her!

Thank you jury for 'listening, deliberating and doing your job!
Justice served!

I'll be among the first to "Like" right onto That page!

MHO: Maybe the small amount of press that Precious Baby Emma's case got has helped justice to be served up without the distractions of the camera's and talking heads...Everything about justice went wrong for Precious Caylee and maybe the 3-ring circus was a big part of the problem...Anyway, Kelly Comer is my Hero, as she is not "shy" to go after the perps who had anything to do with the murder of Emma Leigh...God Bless her!

I agree with you LN - Emma had a mighty team of warriors right from day one on this site. Chicogirl, Lovejac and others sent emails out daily trying to get MSM's attention. We finally did land on Nancy for about a minute, the similarities to Caylee were so obvious that it caused NG stand in Jane to ask if SB was a copy cat killer.

For all Dager's whining about the idiot bloggers interfering with the system and asking for a change of venue, most of the jury pool had not heard of the case since shortly after Emma was found.

37 months after we learned of Caylee and now 2.5 years after SB murdered precious Emma, I am just relieved Emma has the justice all victims deserve. I think having a group of dedicated women who were determined to see this through to the end may have helped, Ms Cromer made sure we "overheard" her telling Dager that she didn't believe the citizens would be happy with SB getting a deal - sure enough many of the fine citizens who happen to post here let her know she was right!

Everything that could possibly go wrong in FL went wrong, I'm so glad that particular lightening bolt didn't strike twice. It's been a crazy ride, with more twists than we ever imagined - stay tuned, something tells me we haven't heard it all!

snipped from Lcoastmom she didn't believe the citizens would be happy with SB getting a deal

You're right about that! No deals for baby killers!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank goodness!

Yesterday would have been Emma's 4th Birthday if this despicable monster hadn't decided to snuff out her life. I still wonder if she thinks about her baby girl, thinks about who she would be today, thinks about the lives she has ruined.

I marked the day by taking my DGBaby to the park and writing that note to SB.

Happy Birthday in Heaven Emma Leigh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015
Back