GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, am I the only one who's having a hard time believing Erin was 3 months pregnant? And she only found out on Fathers day June 15th? At first they were reporting she was 3 weeks pregnant, and then all of the sudden it's 3 months... :dunno: Just all sounds iffy to me. My niece just found out yesterday that she was pregnant, and she was only 2 days late.

I know things are going to quiet down here until court proceedings start. But one thing I have been wondering about: at some point, EC's family FB page said they weren't doing a memorial until the coroner was done. I haven't heard anything about a service; is it possible that they are still doing autopsy work??

I haven't heard anything either. I don't know if they have released her body to her family yet or not. It might be that they have and the family just wants it to be a private?

Also, am I the only one who's having a hard time believing Erin was 3 months pregnant? And she only found out on Fathers day June 15th? At first they were reporting she was 3 weeks pregnant, and then all of the sudden it's 3 months... :dunno: Just all sounds iffy to me. My niece just found out yesterday that she was pregnant, and she was only 2 days late.

2 days late makes her 4 weeks along... they start counting from the first day of the last menstrual period

so IM claims that in June Erin told her she had to relinquish the horse because she could not take it on base because it did not have proper shots but yet in the beginning after Erin went missing June 28th IM wonders why Erins family has not come to visit or claim the horse or if they want her to find a new owner. very confusing IM .
also new video has come out of lady friends on the ranch saying they new Erin was pregnant again and she was so happy to be after the miscarriage but IM claims she never knew Erin was pregnant. Its not that big of a ranch. Im surprised that IM would not have heard.she seems to know alot about the goings on.

Interesting to note when the phone call 'terminated'. The interviewer had just finished asking IM to put in context Nichole's claim (I'm paraphrasing here) that CL couldn't get his stories straight and he was dumb. Then the phone went dead. I think it was because she couldn't explain away this question, or say they were discussing Scott Peterson, blah blah.

Oops -- forgot to link interview. This post is in response to DMacky's post #18. Ranch owner's phone interview.

Interesting to note when the phone call 'terminated'. The interviewer had just finished asking IM to put in context Nichole's claim (I'm paraphrasing here) that CL couldn't get his stories straight and he was dumb. Then the phone went dead. I think it was because she couldn't explain away this question, or say they were discussing Scott Peterson, blah blah.

My thoughts exactly Emma !

This place only seems to be lively in the very early hours, like 12-3am? I'm thinking that most of the posters on this thread must be on Pacific time? I'm on Eastern time :frown: and it's 3:33pm here.

Ok, I have a question. Does anyone know if CL still has a court date on Sept. 9th for the tater gun "arrest." I know his preliminary hearing is on September 16 for the murder charge.

This place only seems to be lively in the very early hours, like 12-3am? I'm thinking that most of the posters on this thread must be on Pacific time? I'm on Eastern time :frown: and it's 3:33pm here.

Ok, I have a question. Does anyone know if CL still has a court date on Sept. 9th for the tater gun "arrest." I know his preliminary hearing is on September 16 for the murder charge.

BBM: I just checked public records and there is nothing on calendar until Sept. 16th. My guess is the D.A.'s office is not going to file charges for the tater gun. I think they simply used that as an excuse of sorts and that entire matter has probably gone away. They may keep it in their back pocket just in case they need to use it again down the road, however, for the time being I think it's off the table.

FYI...I'm on the west coast in sunny So. Cali. :summer:

I just checked public records and there is nothing on calendar until Sept. 16th. My guess is the D.A.'s office is not going to file charges for the tater gun. I think they simply used that as an excuse of sorts and that entire matter has probably gone away. They may keep it in their back pocket just in case they need to use it again down the road, however, for the time being I think it's off the table.

FYI...I'm on the west coast in sunny So. Cali. :)

You are so lucky! I've been there 2 times many years ago and it was beautiful! Mountains AND Ocean!! While on the freeway I remember seeing lemon and lime trees on sides of the rd. Absolutely beautiful ~

:guitar: I'm California Dreamin......

For me it's living in California/Pacific time plus I have horrible insomnia - so yep, midnight to 3am sounds about right. It seems like that Sept. 9 case sort of disappeared. I wonder if they just rolled it all together? Or if they dropped the potato gun thing? Good question and reminder though.

I don't think so--the FB post said:
"We have had lots of questions about memorial services for Erin. Unfortunately, nothing will be planned until her body is released to the family in the days or weeks ahead. We will post the information once plans are finalized."
(note to mods, this was from the official Locate Erin page)

I haven't heard anything either. I don't know if they have released her body to her family yet or not. It might be that they have and the family just wants it to be a private?

Can you link this new video?

so IM claims that in June Erin told her she had to relinquish the horse because she could not take it on base because it did not have proper shots but yet in the beginning after Erin went missing June 28th IM wonders why Erins family has not come to visit or claim the horse or if they want her to find a new owner. very confusing IM .
also new video has come out of lady friends on the ranch saying they new Erin was pregnant again and she was so happy to be after the miscarriage but IM claims she never knew Erin was pregnant. Its not that big of a ranch. Im surprised that IM would not have heard.she seems to know alot about the goings on.

Nah. Say she was a few weeks late for her cycle (she was young, recently miscarried, and perhaps not very regular). Then say she tested on father's day. She could have been +two months already, then add two more weeks until her disappearance. Then round up, because JC probably would have said "3 months pregnant" instead of "2 1/2" months pregnant.

(just an example, but I could easily see it being around that...). OR, she had already tested positive, but didn't tell JC until father's day...

Can you link this new video?

Sorry I know I'm not the original poster, but hoped this would help. I don't think there's video - just a phone interview. There's a video with the story, but it looks like mostly stock photos and photos released to media early on. Here's the original post about it: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...June-2014-12-*ARREST*&p=10923393#post10923393.

Here's the page: http://www.cbs8.com/story/26134550/...ng-for-one-month-horse-ranch-owner-speaks-out - you have to scroll down a bit to the link that says "Isabelle Megli, Horse Ranch Owner - Extended Interview Clips: (Interview ends with telephone disconnect)"

ETA: warning the phone interview does mention a minor child's name so if anyone feels compelled to transcribe anything please leave that part out. :)

A few things I found interesting from the IM phone interview "extended clips":

- The police did confiscate the Lees' U-haul for a time, but gave it back to them [I assume after it was searched]
- They had adopted two horses, both of which were shipped to Alaska - and IM said something about them being professionally shipped since they had to go through Canada.
- According to IM Erin never started at Tractor Supply [I think we already knew she had said that, but it was interesting hearing it 'in person' from IM]. Personally I think Erin DID start there and left later.

The guy doing the interview made me laugh a bit... I was seriously wondering if it's someone on WS or someone who reads here? He's like "I know you know more than you're saying" with almost every sentence. You could tell he was trying so hard to get information from her without stepping over the line. When he finally pushes too much, bam, phone cuts out. The reception isn't great for most of it but it's funny (sad funny) how it cuts out exactly when he starts asking the hard questions such as the ones about "keeping his lies straight." "Where does that come from?" <beep><beep><beep> call is disconnected.

It's pretty long, but interesting to listen to.

I just wanted to state I don't think IM is involved and I'm not thinking of her as a POI, I listened to the full phone interview after it was mentioned here and I still don't think she's involved, though I do think she talks too much. The extended phone interview made me feel pretty bad for her. I think (JMO!) that she got stuck in a really awkward position.

Nah. Say she was a few weeks late for her cycle (she was young, recently miscarried, and perhaps not very regular). Then say she tested on father's day. She could have been +two months already, then add two more weeks until her disappearance. Then round up, because JC probably would have said "3 months pregnant" instead of "2 1/2" months pregnant.

(just an example, but I could easily see it being around that...). OR, she had already tested positive, but didn't tell JC until father's day...

Hmm. no wonder she thought maybe the baby COULD be CL's. In this interview Jon said he found out from Nichole in March about the affair. But thought it was over. It very well could have been over. But if EC was 3 months pregnant in mid June ~ then that takes us back to March.

In March, Jonathan discovered Chris and Erin had a brief affair. However, Jonathan believed the fling was over, and so he had made amends with his wife and tried to forgive his neighbor. Jonathan didn't discover the affair had continued until after Erin had disappeared.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...orwin-closure-now-erin-corwin-vigil/14606557/

It would seem to me (and just my MOO) maybe her family wasn't into horses. And visiting her horse would be the last thing on their mind. I've had horses forever it seems, my mother didn't "get it" why I wanted one in my life.

The horse was not in danger - the mare had a place if the adoption didn't take place. And why was it the family's responsibility to visit or place the horse? IM has a rescue. That's why she has a tax exempt, non-profit status. :moo:

And I think we went down this road before.

If she was pregnant by CL from the affair that was found out in March, then the fact she was pregnant might be why it didn't end when NL and JC thought it did.

Hey guys,
While things are slow, I FINALLY found the interview with IM that I have been looking for! After you watch the video, scroll down a few sentences and you'll see where they have about maybe 15 minutes more of the interview with her. It's a phone interview ~ I thought it was informative, although it's from BEFORE Erin was found.

Isabelle Megli, Horse Ranch Owner - Extended Interview Clips:
(Interview ends with telephone disconnect)

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26134550/...ng-for-one-month-horse-ranch-owner-speaks-out

Yes...and she sure has a lot of quick answers to questions, doesn't she? I think "telephone disconnect" is a nice way of saying "woman backed into a corner on the last question hangs up the phone abruptly so as to avoid having to answer it...." :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean