Division: M2 Hearing Status: DISPOSED

RODNEY A CORTEZ, J-JUDGE
CLERK: DEBORAH HAGEDORN
CERTIFIED COURT REPORTER: CO-CONNIE OZBURN CSR# CO-10031
BAILIFF T BROWN
-
-
APPEARANCES
DEPUTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY DELANEY HENRETTY FOR S DAUGHERTY PRESENT.
ATTORNEY DAVID J.P. KALOYANIDES PRESENT.
DEFENDANT PRESENT IN CUSTODY.
-
-
PROCEEDINGS
ACTION CAME ON FOR PRE-PRELIMINARY HEARING
PC1050 MOTION BY PROSECUTION IS GRANTED.
PRELIMINARY HEARING SET ON 03/05/2015 VACATED.
-
-
HEARINGS
PRE-PRELIMINARY HEARING SET FOR 04/01/2015 AT 8:30 IN DEPARTMENT M2.
PRELIMINARY HEARING SET ON 04/02/2015 AT 9:00 IN DEPARTMENT M2.
DEFENDANT ORDERED TO APPEAR ON HEARING DATE.
-
-
TIME WAIVERS
DEFENDANT WAIVES HIS/HER RIGHT TO A PRELIMINARY HEARING WITHIN 10 DAYS UNDER PC859B AND 30 DAYS BEYOND 04/02/2015.
-
-
CUSTODY STATUS
CASE CUSTODY - IN CUSTODY
COMMITMENT ISSUED (PENDING)

I don't understand why they keep having these court dates, when all they ever do is set another court date? Are they ever going to give Erin's family a date for trial? It doesn't seem like it. I wish the murderer would just plead guilty and not put the family through the pain of a long legal process. It's not like they have the wrong person in custody. He did something that is so horrendous that I can't even wrap my mind around it. It throws me into an instant panic attack just thinking about it. :mad: He is evil to the core.

We are here to support Erin's loved ones. We are here because we want justice for Erin Corwin. We are not here to judge this teenager, or even to try to understand "WHY" it happened. Erin was only 19 years old. Think back to when you all were that age. I know I was completely naïve and I did a lot of dumb things that I would NEVER want disclosed to the entire world.
With age comes wisdom!
We cannot expect our teens/young adult children to have our judgment until they’ve lived our years.

Thinking of the Heavilin and Corwin families today ~ Sending love and prayers from Ky.

I don't understand why they keep having these court dates, when all they ever do is set another court date? Are they ever going to give Erin's family a date for trial? It doesn't seem like it. I wish the murderer would just plead guilty and not put the family through the pain of a long legal process. It's not like they have the wrong person in custody. He did something that is so horrendous that I can't even wrap my mind around it. It throws me into an instant panic attack just thinking about it. :mad: He is evil to the core.

We are here to support Erin's loved ones. We are here because we want justice for Erin Corwin. We are not here to judge this teenager, or even to try to understand "WHY" it happened. Erin was only 19 years old. Think back to when you all were that age. I know I was completely naïve and I did a lot of dumb things that I would NEVER want disclosed to the entire world.
With age comes wisdom!
We cannot expect our teens/young adult children to have our judgment until they’ve lived our years.

Thinking of the Heavilin and Corwin families today ~ Sending love and prayers from Ky.

Thank you for your support.

It was continued this time because the Deputy DA prosecuting the case was in the middle of another trial. When he is in the middle of Erin's trial we don't want him leaving for someone else's preliminary hearing. The other times it was continued was because they were still giving evidence to Chris's attorney. Is it hard to getting emotionally prepared for the preliminary hearing then to have it continued. To have to get into the being prepared state again can be over whelming. Even though it is hard to ride this roller coaster, we are okay with these continuances, because we want all the i's dotted and t's crossed. We were told in the beginning not to expect the preliminary hearing until some time this fall. Expecting that we feel we are ahead of schedule in the trial process.

Thank you for your support.

It was continued this time because the Deputy DA prosecuting the case was in the middle of another trial. When he is in the middle of Erin's trial we don't want him leaving for someone else's preliminary hearing. The other times it was continued was because they were still giving evidence to Chris's attorney. Is it hard to getting emotionally prepared for the preliminary hearing then to have it continued. To have to get into the being prepared state again can be over whelming. Even though it is hard to ride this roller coaster, we are okay with these continuances, because we want all the i's dotted and t's crossed. We were told in the beginning not to expect the preliminary hearing until some time this fall. Expecting that we feel we are ahead of schedule in the trial process.

truth ~ Thank you for that information. Is the preliminary hearing when they actually set a trial date? I don't understand all the legal meanings when reading the court documents :smile:

I also wanted to know if Sean D. will be prosecuting Erin's case

truth ~ Thank you for that information. Is the preliminary hearing when they actually set a trial date? I don't understand all the legal meanings when reading the court documents :smile:

I also wanted to know if Sean D. will be prosecuting Erin's case
the preliminary hearing is when they prove to a judge that they have enough evidence to go to a jury trial. I'm not sure if that is when they will sweet the date for the trial. We were told in the beginning not to expect to go to trial for 2-3 years. It is looking like it will happen quicker than that, but once again we are okay with it the delays, because we don't want any reason for a retrial.

Yes Sean D is prosecuting Erin's case

j

I respectfully disagree.... I think many of us who have been here from the beginning would like to know WHY.....

As much as I would like to know why the monster felt like he had to murder poor Erin I don't need to know, if that makes sense. I want whatever is going to be the least painful for Erin's loved ones and if that means not learning the ugly details then so be it.

j

I respectfully disagree.... I think many of us who have been here from the beginning would like to know WHY.....
It goes beyond that.The why equals the motive and while prosecutors will say they do not have to prove motive they will always add the caveat but juries sure like to hear one.So I think the why could end up being important in us and the jury in figuring out if this guy is guilty.Even though it seams they have overwhelming evidence of his guilt even without proving motive you never know what can happen when a case goes to trial.Evidence can be ruled inadmissible,or not quite as strong as police have presented it.So the why could end up being the deciding factor in some jurists mind.

It goes beyond that.The why equals the motive and while prosecutors will say they do not have to prove motive they will always add the caveat but juries sure like to hear one.So I think the why could end up being important in us and the jury in figuring out if this guy is guilty.Even though it seams they have overwhelming evidence of his guilt even without proving motive you never know what can happen when a case goes to trial.Evidence can be ruled inadmissible,or not quite as strong as police have presented it.So the why could end up being the deciding factor in some jurists mind.

I don't think any explanation as to why will be sufficient. How can anyone make sense of brutally murdering a 19 year old girl? It probably made sense to CL at the time but unless one is of a killers mindset, I don't think any of us will fully understand the "why" of this crime. I do agree with you that jurors want to know a motive. It's human nature to want to understand why a person does what they do, especially in the case of a heinous crime such as this. I just don't want Erin's loved ones to have to endure any of the ugly details. I think they've already endured more pain than anyone should ever have to endure in a lifetime.

I don't think any explanation as to why will be sufficient. How can anyone make sense of brutally murdering a 19 year old girl? It probably made sense to CL at the time but unless one is of a killers mindset, I don't think any of us will fully understand the "why" of this crime. I do agree with you that jurors want to know a motive. It's human nature to want to understand why a person does what they do, especially in the case of a heinous crime such as this. I just don't want Erin's loved ones to have to endure any of the ugly details. I think they've already endured more pain than anyone should ever have to endure in a lifetime.
For that to happen there would have to be some kind of plea bargain.If the DA seeks the death penalty a plea bargain could be life without parole.If he does not than any plea bargain would require some chance at parole.I do not know if EC's family would consider that severe enough.Sometimes that pain is the cross you have to bear to get justice for your loved one.

Just returning from my trip to Cali to spend time with my daughter who is military stationed there similar to Erin's. I couldn't get my mind off Erin my entire trip and my heart ached for this murderer also robbing Erin and truthbeknown of the important upcoming visit. Uggh breaks my heart. I did get confirmation on pregnancy dates as far as when they will see you while there and wanted to share. Have to have positive urine test from primary doctor or ER before they will even book you at OB. Then OB will see you at 6-8 week mark for sono and labs only. No visit. Sono is to date pregnancy and rule out ectopic. Then you will be scheduled to return during 10-12 week mark for first initial visit. I don't recall hearing of Erin having this sono so assuming that she was probably less than the 6-8 week gestation. So sad. I think his motive was all pregnancy related.

Just returning from my trip to Cali to spend time with my daughter who is military stationed there similar to Erin's. I couldn't get my mind off Erin my entire trip and my heart ached for this murderer also robbing Erin and truthbeknown of the important upcoming visit. Uggh breaks my heart. I did get confirmation on pregnancy dates as far as when they will see you while there and wanted to share. Have to have positive urine test from primary doctor or ER before they will even book you at OB. Then OB will see you at 6-8 week mark for sono and labs only. No visit. Sono is to date pregnancy and rule out ectopic. Then you will be scheduled to return during 10-12 week mark for first initial visit. I don't recall hearing of Erin having this sono so assuming that she was probably less than the 6-8 week gestation. So sad. I think his motive was all pregnancy related.

Erin had an appointment on July 14th for her sonogram

Erin had an appointment on July 14th for her sonogram

(((((((((truthbeknown))))))))))

:heartluv: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartluv:

:grouphug:

:rose: :rose:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With age comes wisdom!

I cannot agree with you more!! I "thought" I was solid and had every thing figured out at 19. Now, my 40+ brain tells me I was stupid to think that, but I did not have this brain then. At 19, the world is open to so many possibilities and dreams. At 19, our brains are not fully developed therefore we cannot reason with the brains we have at 30.

Erin was a brave and amazing girl from what I have been able to see of here. She did more with this world through the animals she loved than I could have dreamed of at that age. Unfortunately, someone evil capitalized on her vulnerabilities and stole her from her family and her future. Thank you Dmacky for reminding us of what is important with Erin!

Not the poem I was looking for but it reflects how quickly one's attitudes and beliefs can evolve in a short period of time when one is such a young adult:

A. E. Housman (1859–1936). A Shropshire Lad. 1896.

XIII. When I was one-and-twenty

WHEN I was one-and-twenty
I heard a wise man say,
‘Give crowns and pounds and guineas
But not your heart away;

Give pearls away and rubies
But keep your fancy free.’
But I was one-and-twenty,
No use to talk to me.

When I was one-and-twenty
I heard him say again,
‘The heart out of the bosom
Was never given in vain;
’Tis paid with sighs a plenty
And sold for endless rue.’
And I am two-and-twenty,
And oh, ’tis true, ’tis true.

I married at Erin's age and made huge mistakes of the heart (and mind) both before and afterwards, unable to realistically see the future consequences of my choices and actions beyond the next few weeks. The optimism of youth and the attention of a determined manipulator can make the most impossible and unintelligent choices seem tenable, even desirable.

RIP sweet child and infant.

@moonbeams I found some info will post it in a few

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads