GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you TBK. I am confused why he has already entered a plea. Normally that happens at the formal arraignment.

Wow! Just wow! My heart broke again in a million pieces for Erin's loved ones reading those tweets. I knew CL was a monster to have killed such a beautiful, trusting woman but these details today show just how evil a monster he is. Anyone have any guesses as to what his attorney may have been eluding to in his statement outside of court? The evidence against him is extremely damning. I can't imagine how they could explain away all of it with whatever secret magic card they have (supposedly) hidden up their sleeve. Continued prayers for Erin's family and loved ones today and in the tough days to follow this month and in the future.

Jonathan Woods, a homicide detective with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, testified that an autopsy revealed that Corwin had likely been strangled with a homemade garrote. The garrote, which was made from rebar and nylon rope, was found in the mineshaft with her body. Woods said police found a similar garrote in Lee's Jeep. Police also found colorful climbing rope in both the mineshaft and Lee's Jeep, further linking the suspect to the crime scene.

Due to decomposition, the autopsy was unable to confirm whether or not Corwin was pregnant, despite the fact that Corwin believed she was pregnant when she went missing. If Corwin had been confirmed pregnant, Lee would likely face a second murder charge.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed-proposal-the-day-she-disappeared/70872662/

Thanks everyone for the recaps! So much new information here. I did see the twitter from her family thanking the person doing the tweets as that family member was in TN.

Did anyone see CL on the news last night? Wow, what a difference! Long greasy hair and scruffy facial hair. He's looking a lot more like a killer and not the clean cut marine we saw in the beginning.

Reading through the Tweets was absolutely heart breaking. Poor Erin, thinking there was going to be a wonderful surprise. Well, there was a surprise in store... the *advertiser censored* murdered the sweet girl! And Jonathon, God Bless You for being the strong, loving and caring man that you were and are. I feel so HORRIBLE for the family and friends of Erin Corwin. There simply are no words to explain how I (and others, I'm sure) feel.

Thanks everyone for the recaps! So much new information here. I did see the twitter from her family thanking the person doing the tweets as that family member was in TN.

Yes, thank you to everyone for the Tweets and recaps. They are GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks so much for the recaps!! Very chilling to read all of it. My heart just breaks for her family and for Jon.

I can't wrap my mind around why CL would leave those crucial items in his Jeep? Either he was cocky, thinking he could just lie and say he didn't know Erin and that would be that because he was invincible, OR he was actually wanting to be caught. My money is on cocky and invincible though.

Erin's family has held their head high, and their comments low as there was indeed negative comments on social media. I am so glad that they did not get sucked into trolls on social media. Erin's family and Jon remind me of the Travis Alexander family, in that they didn't acknowledge in press conferences the cyber bashing.

For those that follow the Heather Elvis case in South Carolina, presser by her family yesterday. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?275669-Family-of-Heather-Elvis-to-hold-news-conference-04-02-15

I like that Brett who posted all the tweets shows respect to the family. He is followed by Jon's mother

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

I am not at all happy about this new information. Once again tptb outright lie to the public FOR MONTHS about what happened. Making out like it was a shooting death, that they had the murder bullets matched to a gun printed to CL. Pathetic. The truth is that what evidence they do have seems to point away from their suspect. Someone committing a functional murder is not going to strangle the person, it's messy and it's personal. This turns everything on it's head.

Defense blaming it on his wife in 3...2...1...

I am not at all happy about this new information. Once again tptb outright lie to the public FOR MONTHS about what happened. Making out like it was a shooting death, that they had the murder bullets matched to a gun printed to CL. Pathetic. The truth is that what evidence they do have seems to point away from their suspect. Someone committing a functional murder is not going to strangle the person, it's messy and it's personal. This turns everything on it's head.
It does not point away from him at all in my opinion. I am sure he considered a gun, but found strangling to be a more exciting prospect. He seems to have a very dark side with all his talk of finding himself capable of killing people and hypothetical ways of disposing of a body.

Did anyone see CL on the news last night? Wow, what a difference! Long greasy hair and scruffy facial hair. He's looking a lot more like a killer and not the clean cut marine we saw in the beginning.

Reading through the Tweets was absolutely heart breaking. Poor Erin, thinking there was going to be a wonderful surprise. Well, there was a surprise in store... the *advertiser censored* murdered the sweet girl! And Jonathon, God Bless You for being the strong, loving and caring man that you were and are. I feel so HORRIBLE for the family and friends of Erin Corwin. There simply are no words to explain how I (and others, I'm sure) feel.

I have searched for a news link that shows him but have not been able to find one. Can you remember which station he was on or does anyone have a link? TIA

NWlady most likely KESQ5 or any local California newspaper

@heartgoesout during his initial hearing he pleaded not guilty; but he will enter it on the 22nd.

@emi was he required to enter a plea at his initial hearing?

Look at previous threads

Thank you TBK. I am confused why he has already entered a plea. Normally that happens at the formal arraignment.

So you don't know the answer why he is entering a plea twice or you wont give me a quick answer?

I don't know answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads