GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I just couldn't catch up. It was the same-old stuff, except we learned that EC was adopted and her bio Dad is heartsick! Did I miss anything else? Here's what I see, IMHO:

1) We don't know when she last left her apt. (Fri Evening or Sat Morning)
2) We don't know when anyone last saw her
3) We don't know what she was wearing when she allegedly left her apt.
<modsnip>
5) We don't know if she went to JTNP Sat Morning
6) We don't know specifically where her car was found or when it was searched for
7) We don't know when her Husband was On Duty/Stationed/Deployed

We DO know:

1) She loved all animals and volunteered at the White Rock Horse Rescue Ranch
2) She was 2-3 months pregnant, after a miscarriage
3) She was adopted
4) She bravely made the move, alone, from Oak Ridge, TN to The Marine Military Base in 29 Palms
5) She never shows her teeth when smiling
6) She has been missing for 11 Days, and neither LE nor the Marines can find her

To sum up, we know NOTHING and she remains MISSING, IMHO.

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

So I am gathering she either met foul play, suffered another miscarriage and bled out somewhere, committed suicide, or fell down in a ravine or something? I am not familiar with the landscape there but anything is possible I suppose.

I think it is so common for the husband to be the perp in these types of cases and everyone is giving him the stink eye because of statistics, myself included.

Concerning the smiling with her mouth closed thing, I have a friend with some messed up teeth. She never ever ever smiles with her mouth open in photos. Even tho everyone who knows her knows what her teeth look like.

Not everyone is blessed with straight teeth and/or braces. So I don't really see how that is an issue....but a keen observation.

I think most people would come up dry on what their mate was wearing, if they are honest with themselves. I could do pretty well with my hubby because he wears pretty much the same thing every day but he would have no clue at all about me. He could tell the cops the make and model of my truck and he could describe my personalized plate, but even I can't remember the actual plate number.

From the outside, the delay in becoming concerned seems very wrong but that sort of assumes he was at home in a very quiet house all day and failing to wonder why she had been gone so long. In reality, he might have been on duty and thinking she was already back, and only realized something wasn't right when he returned home himself. I also think the amount of time someone would let go by would vary according to the situation. If I'm out shopping, after 30 years, hubby kind of knows my tolerance for crowds and shopping, and when to expect me home.

If I told him I was going pregnant, to a rugged, blistering hot park to look for a scenic place to take my mom, he probably would insist on tagging along. If he really couldn't go, he certainly would want some details, a call or two, something, so he could be sure I didn't have a flat tire, an over-heated car, or tumble down a hill and break a leg.

Still, I have to remind myself, we have no idea what they said to each other before she left the house, exactly when he realized/decided something was wrong, or exactly what he did before calling the police. Do we know whether he was on duty that day or not?

Thanks,

As another poster pointed out...What was she going to be doing after she visited JT? She must have said something if she wasn't expected at home until 4pm.

I'm just linking Whitney's case here, in the off chance that someone involved in the investigation is reading here and will take a look at Whitney's case. To me, this case feels very similar to Whitney's case, so it may be helpful to them. Whitney lived in Oregon, so So. Cal Law Enforcement/Military may not be familiar with the case.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...resham-16-Oct-2012-5/page50&highlight=whitney

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...am-16-Oct-2012-*-Life-in-Prison-w-o-parole*-6

So I am gathering she either met foul play, suffered another miscarriage and bled out somewhere, committed suicide, or fell down in a ravine or something? I am not familiar with the landscape there but anything is possible I suppose.

I think it is so common for the husband to be the perp in these types of cases and everyone is giving him the stink eye because of statistics, myself included.

Concerning the smiling with her mouth closed thing, I have a friend with some messed up teeth. She never ever ever smiles with her mouth open in photos. Even tho everyone who knows her knows what her teeth look like.

Not everyone is blessed with straight teeth and/or braces. So I don't really see how that is an issue....but a keen observation.

I think the user is referencing what I call "empty" information seen in interviews. One of the few facts provided on the website is that Erin's phone was "dead" on Saturday. Half of the time has been spent absolving the husband of any wrongdoing, so later they can say "See, public? We told you. You were wrong!" Meanwhile, REAL information, like the family dynamic we will find out about in the future, whether Erin might NOT have reached the park at all, and when her phone was WORKING last, is being hidden. Law enforcement says they are currently getting new information pointing them toward more specific spots in JTP, but they are not revealing the information source and asking the public for help (For instance, providing a name and time and asking the public "Do you know this person? Did you see him last weekend? Did he say he was going somewhere?" Etc.). This is typical in missing persons cases: Asking the public for help while hiding real information in a blanket fashion; and even going as far as providing misleading "empty" information and discouraging the public from actually trying to search (even in safe areas, like the base). The assumption is that the police will be able to find Erin more effectively, and evidence will be undisturbed. Let's hope in this case they find her. The evidence will be undisturbed forever if they DON'T find her, so the goal will be achieved in a way. The case will be labeled "active" for many years while the case grows cold. The secret evidence will remain secret for years.

As another poster pointed out...What was she going to be doing after she visited JT? She must have said something if she wasn't expected at home until 4pm.

Exactly! Hence leaving at 7am, IMOO.

http://americanlivewire.com/2014-07-09-police-locate-erin-corwins-missing-vehicle/

The witness further states that he saw another police SUV approximately 75 feet behind Erin&#8217;s 2013 Toyota Corolla which was facing west towards Ranch Rd. and that the car was in a sandy area with bushes but, &#8220;not hidden by any means&#8221;. The car was found between Ranch Rd. and Bagdad Rd. (which both run north/south) but was &#8220;closer to Ranch Rd&#8221; according to the witness who was stopped by the road block, at which point he briefly spoke with the worker from the Twentynine Palms Water District who called in the missing vehicle.

The source states that when he arrived at the scene, there was a police helicopter hovering above Erin Corwin&#8217;s vehicle and that there was dust everywhere possibly destroying any physical evidence such as tire marks or foot impressions; the helicopter left moments later. The source further states that when he was leaving the area around approximately 10:30A.M. he passed a K-9 unit, however was unable to confirm if there was in fact a dog in the K-9 vehicle.

This comment makes me believe that LE is pretty confident that they know who is responsible for her disappearance and are waiting to find her to make a move (BBM, Link Below): "We're not naming any persons of interest or suspects until we're convinced a crime has been committed," Naquin said.

And this comment makes me scratch my head (again, BBM)..."If my wife didn't show up for dinner, I’d report her missing sooner but I don’t know what the family dynamic is between Erin and her husband," Naquin said. "I don't know if they were used to spending a lot of time apart. And I also don’t know if there were problems between Erin and her husband."

If LE doesn't suspect her husband why wouldn't they just ask him what the family dynamic was, if they spent a lot of time apart, and is there were any problems between them which would result in him not becoming alarmed when she didn't come home that night? Naquin knew very specific details of the case, the search, etc. Why act as though LE didn't ask him the above?

Has anyone come across any statements from LE that her husband is not considered a suspect at this time, or anything to that effect?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/0...earance-pregnant-military-spouse-erin-corwin/

This comment makes me believe that LE is pretty confident that they know who is responsible for her disappearance and are waiting to find her to make a move (BBM, Link Below): "We're not naming any persons of interest or suspects until we're convinced a crime has been committed," Naquin said.

And this comment makes me scratch my head (again, BBM)..."If my wife didn't show up for dinner, I&#8217;d report her missing sooner but I don&#8217;t know what the family dynamic is between Erin and her husband," Naquin said. "I don't know if they were used to spending a lot of time apart. And I also don&#8217;t know if there were problems between Erin and her husband."

If LE doesn't suspect her husband why wouldn't they just ask him what the family dynamic was, if they spent a lot of time apart, and is there were any problems between them which would result in him not becoming alarmed when she didn't come home that night? Naquin knew very specific details of the case, the search, etc. Why act as though LE didn't ask him the above?

Has anyone come across any statements from LE that her husband is not considered a suspect at this time, or anything to that effect?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/0...earance-pregnant-military-spouse-erin-corwin/

They say the husband is "cooperating." Is that word used in Orwell's "1984"? I need to look that up.

In my opinion and speculation only, it is also possible that the search has narrowed to specific locations because Erin has a trusted friend who knew and informed LE the part of the park she would meet up with someone. LE says they have leads and reasons for their search. Or I hate to say it, maybe she left a detailed suicide note, thus the lack of info and asking for publics help.

In my opinion and speculation only, it is also possible that the search has narrowed to specific locations because Erin has a trusted friend who knew and informed LE the part of the park she would meet up with someone. LE says they have leads and reasons for their search. Or I hate to say it, maybe she left a detailed suicide note, thus the lack of info and asking for publics help.

I agree, except they HAVE asked for the public's help. I think the problem is an inability to commit, possibly. I'm not arguing they (essentially government) should be prevented from keeping CERTAIN information hidden for a short time under specific circumstances. They should do one or the other, however. Asking the public for help and trying to prevent it at the same time is what I find puzzling.

But then who drove her car to where it was found?
Would they then be helping her in a round about way to commit suicide?
Or do you mean, Erin parked the car where it was found, then she went off somewhere to commit suicide and someone else
knows where she would have committed suicide?
IMOO.

So it was on Valle Vista between Ranch and Bagdad? There is a whole lot of nothing out there but sand and scrub brush according to Google Maps. The turn off to Ranch Road (and the road itself) looks like nothing more than a packed dirt or sand road.

Mel

There are also a couple of houses that look almost like compounds. Seeing them on such a remote stretch of highway gave me such a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I did read a comment on one of the articles that a woman said as soon as she heard the area of where the car was found it reminded that she used to pick up clothes and baby items around there that were listed on an online yardsale site, I will see if I can find it again.

When I look at the area, there is no way to see that car like you would on a well-travelled road. I wonder how many cars per day drive down that road? As others have said, there are a few little trailers out there but there is nothing that would cause many people to drive it. It does seem, although the car wasn't specifically hidden, it wasn't meant to be found anytime soon.

Looking at the map and satellite view, you have to wonder . . . why do they even have roads out there with names on them? Was this a subdivision someone dreamed up, put down the road infrastructure, and then it never happened?

They are focusing on JT Park. Someone drove her car to the other place (her or someone else). On Google, from the place mentioned it's a 15-minute walk to Utah Trail, then another five minutes to the base through the sand, if that's the base. Is that right?

Edit: Maybe a little further through the sand.....but about a half hour total, and the route seems to be able to avoid the properties with homes.

Can we post Google map links?

I'm just linking Whitney's case here, in the off chance that someone involved in the investigation is reading here and will take a look at Whitney's case. To me, this case feels very similar to Whitney's case, so it may be helpful to them. Whitney lived in Oregon, so So. Cal Law Enforcement/Military may not be familiar with the case.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...resham-16-Oct-2012-5/page50&highlight=whitney

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...am-16-Oct-2012-*-Life-in-Prison-w-o-parole*-6

I completely agree. It was the first thought I had too. That case really opened my eyes that it can be the least expected.

They are focusing on JT Park. Someone drove her car to the other place (her or someone else). On Google, from the place mentioned it's a 15-minute walk to Utah Trail, then another five minutes to the base through the sand, if that's the base. Is that right?

Edit: Maybe a little further through the sand.....but about a half hour total, and the route seems to be able to avoid the properties with homes.

It seems that someone trying to cover up a crime would be willing to walk much, much farther than that - it's certainly doable. And yes, it sticks that car out in the middle of NOWHERE and you could be pretty much assured of privacy to do whatever that person who stuck that car there did.

WOW! So that makes more sense to me why the car wasn't found til Monday. Valle Vista east if Utah trail is much less traveled!

I was wondering when people who've seen stuff (I.e. the car, where searching is going on) would start to talk?

I assumed based on an interview Erin's mom made that she was staying in Erin and Jon's apt. (when she said she was cooking in Erin's kitchen).

So it was on Valle Vista between Ranch and Bagdad? There is a whole lot of nothing out there but sand and scrub brush according to Google Maps. The turn off to Ranch Road (and the road itself) looks like nothing more than a packed dirt or sand road.

Mel

It has been stated as *RUMOR* for a while now, that her car was found on Valle Vista, between Condor and Utah Roads. I have no idea if that is true, LE has consistently declined to be specific on the location.

If the goal was to drop the car near a base gate which isn't always attended, and not be seen leaving it there, the location makes sense, IMO. IIRC, this would put a person within a base housing area within a couple of minutes on foot.

Hoping we hear something from LE, today would be a great day for a press conference ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid