GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I didn't realize that! That makes a bit more sense then.

All National Parks are federally owned, so that would give the FBI jurisdiction if they choose to step in. :) Although, Park Police are usually also involved and I haven't heard anything about them.

Guys, it sounds like they found her. At least I think so. The scanner thread has reports of a helicopter being asked to land, and a lot of activity near desert view or something. I'v been listening to the morongo basin feed and it sounds like they've established a stationary post of sorts. We'll probably hear something from MSM very soon.

Any updates? Found this link to info on Desert View Conservation area in JTNP. Article says it is a good place to go "for exploration with a camera throughout the year" http://www.specialdistricts.org/index.aspx?page=145

His mom stated in the People Magazine article that he wasn't a suspect but I don't know if I would necessarily take that as fact until I hear it from LE. Not saying that he is a suspect but he may not be restricted to base simply because he hasn't been named a suspect by LE and therefore have no reason to restrict him to base. (Could the military restrict him to base if he was named as a suspect but not arrested or charged?)

Yes they could. People have been confined to quarters for lesser reasons

Mel

I understand where you are coming from, and agree with your statements of women in the past, but to be fair, it is a different time and place, so to speak. One major difference is we now know the brain is not finished growing until the ages of 24-26 and the main part of the brain not finished being the frontal lobe- where decision making and reasoning processes take place. Back when and for years we thought the brain was finished by 12. With this new, very important information, the mid 20's and the behavior of many people that age begins to make more sense.

Just thought I would add some information to the discussion with a more updated version of youth, necessity, maturity and cognitive functioning.

I do understand the physiological issue but I would still say that it's going too far to say that a 19 year old is still more or less a child. They may act immaturely from time to time, but that does not make them a child any more than a 12 year old should be considered an adult because of the occasional mature decision. JMO, of course. :)

Found this site online that has photos inside some of the mines at Joshua Tree. I had heard about the many mines in that area but never really knew what they would look like. WOW! If there are a lot of these out there I can see why the search would take a very, very, very long time.

http://www.undergroundexplorers.com/ok_vail1.htm

Guys we can not talk about anything from the scanner here. It's gonna end up removed.

For updates or to see what is or ISNT (hint) being reported as of now check down stairs.

That is not why he is told to remain silent and not talk to the media. Military are never supposed to talk to media unless given a vetted statement. Even for things the person has no involvement in, they do not want any opinions or statements given because the media will spin anything that they can.

I agree. The military sounds even more extreme to me but I used to work for a very large "corporate" company and we were always told not to talk to media AT ALL. Not even "No comment" because of how it might be twisted.

Found this site online that has photos inside some of the mines at Joshua Tree. I had heard about the many mines in that area but never really knew what they would look like. WOW! If there are a lot of these out there I can see why the search would take a very, very, very long time.

http://www.undergroundexplorers.com/ok_vail1.htm

And if there is a Marine involved he would surely know about them.

I agree. The military sounds even more extreme to me but I used to work for a very large "corporate" company and we were always told not to talk to media AT ALL. Not even "No comment" because of how it might be twisted.

Not to mention if the affair rumor is true, it involves another Marine and the last thing you want is a scorned husband going off on the guy who killed his wife, when given an opportunity to speak to the press. What the heck can he say!?! There's all this talk on here about how 19 is so young, unformed brains, etc...well he's not much older. Sounds like command is ensuring cooler heads prevail and not open a can of worms that could go down a bad road quickly, in my humble opinion.

I was looking through to see what the least traveled road would be to get back up to Valle Vista and I found one that was very small and followed it but couldn't find the name of the road so switched back to street view and it's Gold Crown Road.

I remember someone talking about Crown Rd or something but when I put it in "Search Thread" it comes back with nothing. I can't find where you guys were talking about this.

Didn't she just move there really recently? I can see why she didn't have a ton of friends (Facebook or otherwise) there yet.

Not to mention if the affair rumor is true, it involves another Marine and the last thing you want is a scorned husband going off on the guy who killed his wife, when given an opportunity to speak to the press. What the heck can he say!?! There's all this talk on here about how 19 is so young, unformed brains, etc...well he's not much older. Sounds like command is ensuring cooler heads prevail and not open a can of worms that could go down a bad road quickly, in my humble opinion.

I know of someone who was a fed. civilian employee who almost got fired for going on judge judy without permission. his case had absolutely nothing to do with the government, yet he was in all kinds of trouble.

Good points. I think there's not much he could say at this point that'd be 'good' - and that's not because I suspect him, and I know he's not a POI at this point. He's just in such a difficult spot. I mean what's he going to say?

I am completely mesmerized by these mine photos. The bottom of this one (Mission Mine) in Joshua Tree is over 50 stories (650 feet) below ground and took these explorers 8 hours to get through the entire mine (and they didn't have to be extra cautious to prevent destroying potential evidence.) Talk about finding a needle in a haystack.

http://www.undergroundexplorers.com/mission1.htm

There is just so little info to go on in this disappearance. I can only find the same media reports over and over. On Twitter the media reports posted here are all I can find. She has a twitter account but no activity and no activity for her friends accounts. The info on here is more than anywhere online. I don't know what to think. What could have happened?
And the searches really aren't pinpointed but throughout Joshua
Tree. So I am doubting that LE knows a lot more than we realize. JMO only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brisketfeed