GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm skimming through rather quickly, and if I remember correctly, someone had asked or noticed the night service box was checked, and didn't know what that meant.

Under normal circumstances, search warrants are not to be served after 10pm. It's the law, intending to have some type of reasonable expectation of privacy and from unreasonable searches. If LE wants to serve a search warrant after 10pm, the judge must approve of night service.

Here's a brief summary that helps explain it better than me:

http://www.defendca.com/blog/between-what-hours-may-warrant-be-served-in-california/

I took it to mean the night service box at Joshua Tree. I could be completely wrong, that's just what I immediately thought of. If the gate itself doesn't have a person on staff and there's an admission fee, there's usually a box where you can pay. And come to think of it... a tag you put in your car. Could handwriting be compared?

They're searching in Joshua Tree Park for a woman who was last seen at 10 a.m. exchanging cars just off of the base, and they didn't appear to remember the witnesses who saw her there.

I'm not sure they're "building their case" on rational thought.

Remember, LE has had access (since July 1st) to computers, cell phones, weapons, etc. from two locations as well as two cars, witness statements and videos where she may have travelled. There is a reason why a judge signed off on those warrants. We aren't privy to 99% off the information that lead them to weak those search warrants or what was discovered in any of the before mentioned searches, statements, lab tests, data analysis or videos. Once LE searched the location of her car for hours, searched those locations on base and the other places outside of JT that they have searched I am certain that they have reason to believe Erin is in JT to have so many people and resources searching for her there. And even if they had zero evidence, JT is as good a place as any to look for her. I wouldn't doubt the police based off of their focus on JT or one statement made by Erin's family member on Facebook. MOO.

I think she's had two affairs....the second with a guy from Alaska....hence the warrent for the vehicle with Alaska plates. JMO
Or maybe the guy borrowed that Jeep from someone. And that someone had no idea what it was used for.
Just a thought.

Jane said people on her FB are questioning his story and would he be willing to take it. I think he is very believable.
The witness says he feels the police believe him. If they have video on the 28th of Erin in a hat, sunglasses, and a ponytail then that should seal the deal as far as the police know he is being truthful.

I just think that is so rude. Who gives a crap really what her FB posters are questioning? (not directing this at you at all) He has to satisfy no one but the police and I think they find him very credible. This man has no reason to make any of this up.

I think by all the details he has given he had to see Erin and even if she hadn't put the ball cap before she left base and put it on later, IMO, LE believes Mr. Beasley did see what he told them on the very day they found the car. It isn't like he just came forward.

But when someone is confronted with asking them if they will take a LTD they really are saying they don't believe what they are saying. This man owes Jane nothing. Like I said, she should be thankful he was willing to come on her show.

Sorry for the rant. It just bothers me how Jane and Nancy treat their guests so disrespectfully sometimes.

IMO

Working on a new thread will be closing this one shortly...

Jmo, maybe the family members who run the FB page were not aware of the witnesses, but they should not condemn the report out of hand. If it is true, as it seems to be, it could be important in determining Erin's wherabouts and fate. Why try to stifle info? Whatever might help point to a suspect, etc...jmo

I took it to mean the night service box at Joshua Tree. I could be completely wrong, that's just what I immediately thought of. If the gate itself doesn't have a person on staff and there's an admission fee, there's usually a box where you can pay. And come to think of it... a tag you put in your car. Could handwriting be compared?

I think they said to serve the warrants at night!

Yeah clu, I agree. If I was a family member, I would be seeing these new revelations as good news. After all, the possibility that she went voluntarily at least gives them a glimmer of hope that she is still alive.

Yeah clu, I agree. If I was a family member, I would be seeing these new revelations as good news. After all, the possibility that she went voluntarily at least gives them a glimmer of hope that she is still alive.

That's for sure. I think that's the only thing that makes me kind of hopeful about the latest stories.

Or maybe the guy borrowed that Jeep from someone. And that someone had no idea what it was used for.
Just a thought.

It's not uncommon for military members to have out of state plates. If they were stationed in Alaska at some point-or originally from there-they could have the out of state plates.

Okay, disregard the red hair. I think I got that wrong in my haste. I reviewed the tape and it just said short hair on the screen. The print however, was in red, and they were discussing a red car. That's probably my confusion. Sorry!

But why keep searching Joshua Tree if she went off in a different direction? Do they think this guy went back to Joshua Tree with her???

I think this witness is credible.

Sorry 77DarkHorse7... I personally find your input and clues interesting and somewhat entertaining. Thank you for trying so hard to stay within the boundaries of the Websleuths rules. Too cryptic at times for this tired mom brain...but I do appreciate your insight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike